• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is your favorite Pokemon game your favorite?

Black and White are my favorites, mostly because they were the first Pokemon games I ever played. I had no idea how the mechanics worked and my understanding of type matchups ended up being wrong, so I looked up a walkthrough online and beat it for the first time. Good memories. :enzap:

it's a tie between Emerald, Platinum, and SoulSilver, but i'll go with SoulSilver here:

- introducing the (admittedly odd but fun) pokeathlon, which i think, for me at least, indicates that there should be more playable mini-games that aren't contests. maybe i've been spoiled by mini-games because i've had a blast with them in pokemon stadium 2, but every pokemon game should absolutely have something fun to do outside of battling for the player to just wind down and enjoy.

- has battle frontier. sorry, i know people are sick of hearing about it, but i enjoyed it.

- has pokemon following you. more than this though, the flavour text that comes up when you interact with your pokemon is a highlight and really makes enjoyable.

- not that i put a whole lot of stock in this, but the sprites/general art style of hgss are something i definitely like.

- it's worth noting that there was an item that would let you listen to retro gen 2 osts which i think is hella underrated (although to be honest... i havent made as much use of it myself like i should but i definitely still appreciate its inclusion, regardless).

- my memory is quite hazy of this so i'm not 100% sure, but i vaguely recall you can get other games' legendaries in hgss, which i thought was pretty cool!

- had a lot of memories playing it with my irl friends (same with plat/emerald)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom