• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why Pikachu can't forget Thunderbolt? Which is better for pikachu Iron Tail or learning Dig

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Good Noon Everybody,

I opened this thread because I saw that pikachu forgot all its strong attack only for thubderbolt. I do love thunderbolt so much more than the others auxh as thunder, volt tackle. I love elecro ball but thunderbolt is much better but why he can't forget this attack.

I like the idea that he do forget the attack after two or the seasons feom learning new attack but i don't like the attack of can't do the attack in the entire episode until the new episode; cause this idea is good for two times not all the time.

Also, i loved the idea of learning IRON TAIL in the beginning but i see that ot should forget it now or try to learn dig at least cause dig is much strong than IRON TAIL.

So what do you think?

I loved elwctro net that been learnt by pikachu in this season but i don't see this attack can do anything in matches. Or it better than electro ball.

Because it's Pikachu's most iconic attack and quite frankly it'd be super dumb to replace it with something else.

I was honestly happy when Electro Ball went bye bye in favour of Electro-Web since it allowed for more creative uses of it.

Because it's Pikachu's most iconic attack and quite frankly it'd be super dumb to replace it with something else.

I was honestly happy when Electro Ball went bye bye in favour of Electro-Web since it allowed for more creative uses of it.

Not only is it Pikachu most iconic attack, its also Ash's favorite attack.

As long as Ash still has Z-Moves in his repertoire, Pikachu will need to have access to 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, which requires Thunderbolt to be in its moveset.

Plus others have mentioned, it's also Ash's favourite move, which makes it kind of weird* that he never tried teaching the move to his other Pokemon, at least until SM where both Melmetal and Naganadel learned the move.

*Well, it's only weird in-universe, we all know it's probably just the writers wanting to make Pikachu special, thus making sure none of Ash's other Pokemon have electric type moves, much less be electric type themselves.

And this is one of the reasob of why i love electro ball. It is good and nice in creativity term but it is do well in matches as qe ash ash beed attack that more strong.

So i said this I loved elwctro net that been learnt by pikachu in this season but i don't see this attack can do anything in matches. Or it better than electro ball.

I just don't want pikachu to learn wild charge, volt switch don't remember the name of that attack and didn't like volt tackle at all. Good that volt tacket went and never back again

Good that volt tacket went and never back again

Lol, Volt tackle is quite a unique and iconic move. Personally I like it a lot. Is is a quite good move to end a battle or to try to deal maximum damage when you know Pikachu is practically out of combat. Regardless, I believe that 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt is a great replacement for the volt tackle, which makes the move return quite unnecessary.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom