• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why the desire for grandkids?

Srebak

Reaction score
I have to ask, why are some parents so hung up about becoming grandparents? What concern is it of theirs if their child marries and has kids or not? It's not like they'll be the ones who will raise the grandkids or teach them much in life. What's the big deal?

On a semi-related topic; quick hypothetical: if a man were to have a son, would it be wrong if he allowed his child to become close to his mother's side of his family, but not the Paternal? By which i mean, say the father had issues with his family, would it be wrong if he never even told them that he had a son?

Part of the joy of being a parent (Not that I know for a fact because I mean teenager) is knowing that your child grew up happy and strong. Knowing that he/she found that one person who loves them, and that he lived a full life, which to some can only be fufilled by having a child.

Hypothetical: That would really depend on the issue you speak of.

1) People want to see their bloodline continued, which is why they want grandkids. They don't want their name to die out, for instance.

2) Depends entirely on the situation, I can't say much else about it.

1 - No idea, I'm not even a parent to begin with

2 - Depends on situation of mother, son, father, external circumstances and current socioeconomic values.

I think a lot of parents say things like "I'm expecting grandkids" mostly as a joke.

1. It's not known by many, but many of our parents' generation are members of an alien race. The gene that gives them their ability requires at least 1/2 of the organism's genotype to be that of the race to be taken over; in this case, humans, before the species's weaknesses can be identified, and the alien genes can activate. I'm sorry to say, but it's most likely that your folks are aliens, who only wish you to breed with a human to add to the army of hybrid spawn soon to dominate this planet. Or maybe they just think it would be cool to continue their legacy or whatever. But you never know....

2. Heck, I'd be happy if my mom'd never introduced me to her side of the family. It's nothing but boring and uncomfortable having to spend time with them.

Back
Top Bottom