• ME begins a second journey around Sinnoh. Watch here as he follows a famous Professor around.

Why the explosion?

Can I get an encore?
Reaction score
  • Staff
So we're on a ridiculous pace of article creation over the past...well, short interval of time. Check the graph, attached. It's a plot of articles vs time.

黒い王様
Reaction score
I'm assuming that it's partly due to Wikipedia condensing its Pokémon articles down, and a number of people who had been working on those coming here.

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
I'd say it's two-fold: DP's release has given us a lot more subjects for articles; and our increased hit count (which has gone from about 4000/day, iirc, to 15000/day) has given us more people who want to make articles.

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
I think it's neither: the explosion comes from hundreds of TCG articles being created.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What are we complaining about now?

Can I get an encore?
Reaction score
  • Staff
Absolutely nothing, actually.

Reaction score
Yes, I do believe that the reason for the sudden surge in article creation on bulbapedia is due largely to wikiped condensing all of its pokemon articles down despite attempts to keep them seperate pages, and all users fed up with that have made their way here. Also, it ma ybe due to the release of Pokemon DP and it's revamped battle system. So, now, this is basically the only comprehensive pokemon information site.

Reaction score
I thought a thread was created on this issue already. Quite frankly, I don't think this is a bad thing if the articles are of good quality. I'd prefer good articles on pokemon wikis.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not arguing the quality of the articles, I'm just saying this because several people have been commenting on the sudden surge