• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wicked (PKMN-Style)

Abstractwatercolor

Consider the coconut
Reaction score
Hello, my lovlies, and welcome to
picture.php

If you've seen the musical, you'll know the story. And as you can tell, Misty is Elphaba, Dawn is Galinda/Glinda (I'm calling her Dalinda at first) and Ash is Fiyero. I don't own Pokemon or Wicked
=========================
In the land of Oz, a crowd of people were literally dancing and singing for joy.

"Good neeeews!!!!
She's deaaaad!!
The Witch Of The West is dead!!
The Wickedest Witch there ever was,
the enemy of all of ther in Oz
is deaaaad!!!!
Good neeews!!
Good neeeeeeeeews!!!!"

Just then a man cried "Looook!!! It's Dawn!!" A bubble had appeared, and from it had imerged a beautiful young woman with long, shiny navy-blue hair, and navy-blue eyes. She was holding a super-large wand in one hand, and was waving with the other.

"Fellow Ozians," She said in a high, clear voice.

"Let us be glad.
Let us be grateful.
Let us rejoiceify that goodness could subdue
the Wicked workings of
You-Know-Who!
Isn't it nice to know
that Good will conquer Evil?
The truth be all belive'll by and by
outlive a lie
for you and-"​

A man cut her off, singing

"No-One Mourns The Wicked!"

A woman added

"No-one cries 'they won't return!'"

"No-one lays a lily on their grave!"

The crowd sang together. Then, many people sang their own parts

"The good man scorns the wicked!"

=

Last edited:
Absolutely love the Broadway version of Wicked. Just throwing that out there.

This is going to be interesting, I'm not going to lie. I'm curious to see how you plan to make Misty/Elphaba green, first of all, or some other physical thing that makes everyone hate her and is symbolically tied into the Emerald City (Pallet Town? xD) and wickedness in general. Plus, you call Dawn "Dawn", instead of "Dalinda," like you promised, and you reference Oz. Not always a bad thing though.

Now to the bulk of what I'm addressing. First, I really wish that you didn't just put the lyrics in there and nothing else. While "No One Mourns the Wicked" is one of my favorite songs in the musical, it's just not the same when you type it out in lyrical format. Since we can't hear what's going on, you may as well just have people speaking. That's up to you, though.

No matter what, though, you should add some description. Sure, it's a prologue/first chapter and those are usually supposed to be mysterious (not to mention the mood of the play), but a bit of description never hurts. Sure, Dawn/Dalinda just appeared. What do we know about her? She had shiny navy hair and eyes. Is she holding a wand? A Pokeball? A secret book imparted to her by her presumably dead friend, which is a small detail that practically no one notices at this stage? (in which case, you simply hide it by barraging the reader with countless other details so that s(he) eventually forgets about it until the book becomes key again...) We don't know, because you haven't told us. You can rarely have too much detail, so it's safe to say that describing everything, from how the singing people feel (although that is somewhat implied in their dialogue) to the iridescent bubbles that form as Dawn/Dalinda glides down from the skies. Go overboard, if you want, because you usually can't go wrong. Usually.

Sure, I think I know what's going to happen (unless you do a super epic plot twist), but I don't really care.

And just as a side note, if Misty does end up being green, it'll clash magnificently with her orange hair. :D

…And so-on and soforth. “Are people born Wicked?” Dawn asked. “Or do they have Wickedness thrust upon them?” She went on to tell them about The Witch’s parents, and her birth, speaking with vehemence and conviction. Later on a man called out, “Dawn! Is it true that you were her friend?!” The Good Witch smiled. “Well, it depends on what you mean by friend. I did know her. That is, our paths did cross. At school….”
=============

Dalinda Jenness of the Upper Uplands had just arrived at Shiz University along with a huge amount of luggage. A few minutes later, a new girl burst through the door. Instantly, all eyes, which had ‘till then been on Dalinda –which pleased her- went to the newcomer. She was beautiful. Suprisingly so; with long orange hair and forest-green eyes. But everyone stared because the girl’s skin was green. (Only a few shades lighter than her eyes)

“What is it? Do I have something stuck in my teeth?” She asked with sarcasm. “Oh, alright, let’s get this over with.” She dropped her suitcase. “No, I am not seasick. I have always been this color. I did not chew grass as a child.” A man came in, pushing another girl in a wheelchair –also very pretty, with light brown hair and baby-blue eyes- and the green one continued. “This is my younger sister, May, as you can see she is a perfectly normal color.”

“Mistara!” The man hissed, grabbing her by the arm. “Stop making a spectacle of yourself!!” As Mistara rolled her eyes, the man knelt next to May’s chair with a box. “My precious little girl. A parting gift.” May looked embarrassed. “Father-“

Out of the box, May lifted a pair of…… “Jeweled shoes!!” May gasped. May and Mistara’s father chuckled. He stood up, and said “Mistara……..” -The box shut loudly- “Take care of your sister.” He left. “Misty………” May began guiltily. “What could he get me?” Her sister replied. “I clash with everything.” Just then, an elderly woman swept in, proclaiming “Students, students!! I am Madame Agatha, Headmistress of Shiz University!” She saw May and gasped.

“You must be the Governor’s daughter! Miss Maynabelle, is it?” May nodded shyly. Madame Agatha looked pleased. “What a tragically beautiful face you have! And who is-ah…” Misty didn’t seem at all upset. “I’m the other daughter, Mistara. I’m beautifully tragic.” Madame Agatha looked disturbed. “Yes, well I’m sure you’re very bright.”

“Bright?” Repeated Dalinda, who was standing nearby. “She’s flosferecent!!” Everyone but the Headmistress and the sisters laughed.
=============
I own nada. R&R!!!

Last edited:
I love this idea! You guys are always coming up with really cool ideas and creative angles! I love it.

I own nothing but the idea to combine Pokemon and Wicked.
=============

Madame Agatha looked at Misty, then at her list. “Well, Miss, you aren’t on the list for room assignments. Oh, we’ll find somewhere to put you; no need to worry.” Dalinda, who had tuned them out, muttered to a group to students “Ya know, I don’t think she even read my Sorcery essay!” Iris yelped “That’s so unfair!” An unusually tall Munchkin with green hair and eyes named Drew said, with the air of someone desperate to please “You should say something!!”

Just then, Madame Agatha asked loudly “Who would like to room with Miss Mistara?” Dalinda, oblivious to the question, raised her hand. “Ah, thank you, dear! How very good of you!” The blunette looked confused. “What?” Madame Agatha was now the oblivious one, as she went one “Miss Mistara, you can share with this young lady.” Now Dalinda understood; and she quickly tried to change it. “Oh, Madame Agatha, I don’t think you understand! I’m Dalinda Jenness.”

When the Headmistress just looked at her blankly, the high-society girl added “Of the Upper Uplands?” In a tone that added get a clue! Just then, Misty said “But Madame, how will I look after May?” Madame Agatha smiled. “Well, the Governor made his concern for your sister’s well-being quite clear. Miss Maynabelle will be staying in my quarters with me, so I can assist her.” She began to push May off, despite Misty’s protests. Then Misty yelled “LET HER GO!!” Everyone within five feet of May’s wheelchair was knocked away, and it spun back into Misty’s hands.

“How did you do that?!” Madame Agatha asked breathlessly at the same time that an angry Dalinda demanded “How did she do that?!” May looked both embarrassed and livid as she hissed “Misty, you promised things would be different here!” The Headmistress gasped. “You mean this has happened before?” Misty blushed. Or at least it looked like she did, since her cheeks turned a darker shade of green than the rest of her. “Something just comes over me. Something I can’t explain or control. But I’ll really try to. I’m sorry, Ma’am.”

“What?! Never apologize for talent!” Madame Agatha said. “Talent?” Misty repeated incredulously. The Headmistress smiled. “You simply must consider a career in Sorcery! I shall teach you and no other students!” Dalinda gave an outraged gasp that no-one noticed.

Madame Agatha kept talking “Many years I have waited for a gift like yours to appear. Why, I predict The Wizard could make you his Magic Grand Vizier!!” Misty looked surprised. “Wait. The Wizard?” She checked. Madame Agatha chuckled, and put her arm around the green girl.

“My dear, my dear! I’ll write at once to The Wizard. Tell him of you in advance. With a talent like yours, dear, there is a defin-ish if you work as you should, you’ll be making good.” Dalinda began to protest “Madame Agatha-“ Madame Agatha cut her off “Not now, Miss Dalinda, dear.”

With that, she left. Dalinda, used to always being adored and slavered over by all she met, looked dazed. “Something strange just happened. I didn’t get my way! I need to lie down!” She left.
==============
Wow, it didn't look nearly this long in Word! The Reply button needs love!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I'm not that girl....... :-(

Anyhoo, Ash finally makes an appearance!! So Why are you still here? READ!!!!!!!!
===============
About a week later, Misty was talking with Professor Rowan, a Goat who taught History. The Professor habitually called Dalinda “Dawn”, a source of grief for the bluenette, source of merriment for the green-skinned redhead. “Animals should be seen and not heard.” Misty muttered to herself, as if she could make the nasty message someone had written on Professor Rowan’s blackboard disappear.
================
A chariot was rolling up to Shiz. “Here we are, Sir.” A young man announced. “Already?” A groggy voice asked from inside the open-top ride. “Yes, Your Highness.” There was no response. “LOOK OUT!!” Someone yelled. The driver yanked the carriage to a stop. The almost-victim stood up and glared at the passenger. “Your driver almost ran me over, and you’re sleeping?!”

The young man-who couldn’t see anything because he was wearing a sleepmask- spoke in a matter-of-fact tone “Of course. It’s daytime.” He raised the mask and very nearly shouted in surprise.

The girl he nearly killed was green. And she did not seem to be happy. Or even know who he was, which was a shock to him. “Who’re you?” He managed to ask. “Mistara Waterflower.” The green girl said coldly. “Misty.”

Misty had to admit, the boy was good-looking. Permanently tan skin, very messy black hair, and chocolate brown eyes. He also had a killer smile. If he didn’t seem extremely arrogant/shallow, and much too good-looking for someone like her, she might have found him truly attractive. He gave her the grin that had obviously got him many girls.

“Nice to meet you, Misty. I’m Prince Ashton Ketchum; but you can call me Ash.” “Where the hell are you Prince of?” Misty hadn’t meant to say that. She blushed. Ash didn’t look upset by her rude question. “I………don’t really know.” He admitted. Misty suddenly walked away. As she went, Ash thought he heard her mutter “Something Wicked this way comes.”

Before he could wonder what she meant, another pretty girl walked up to him, and asked flirtatiously “Were you looking for something? Or someone?” Ash personally found Misty both more attractive and engaging that this new girl, but pretended otherwise. “Uh, yeah. History class?” A green-eyed, grassheaded boy showed up next to the blue-haired girl. “It’s that way.” He said coldly. “But it just ended!”

The girl piped up. “I’m Dalinda, by the way. Dalinda Jenness of the Upper Uplands. You’re Prince Ashton Ketchum, right?” Finally, somebody knows who I am!! Ash thought. “Yep. That’s me. So what’cha do around here for fun?” Dalinda looked puzzled. “Not much.” Ash gave a huge grin.

“Well, it seems that the task of corrupting my fellow students once again falls to me. Fortunately, I’m up for the task.” Then he started singing:

The trouble with schools is,
they always try to teach the wrong lessons.
Believe me,
I’ve been kicked out of enough of them to know.
They want you to become less callow, less
Shallow.
But I say, why invite stress in?
Stop studying strife.
And learn to life
‘the unexamined li-ife’…”

He went on explaining his motto of “Dancing Through Life” to the others. They joined his song, the idea of a party exciting them. “So!” Ash said, jumping off the courtyard table he’d been standing on, and landing in front of Dalinda. “What’s the most swankified place in town?” “That would be the Ozdust Ballroom.” She replied, sounding eager to please. “Sounds perfect!” He told the students about his plan to have a party there. “M-Miss Dalinda?” Drew asked. “I hope you’ll save at least one dance for me. I’ll be right there, waiting, all night.”

“Oh! That’s so kind.” Dalinda said. “But ya know what would be even kinder?” Before Drew could say ‘suckered’, he was unwillingly asking May to the party, and Dalinda was invited by Ash.
===========
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R&R!!

Last edited:
I like this i dea but i was wondering, have you read the book. Although this is obviously based predominantly on the musical, there are subtle references to the text that i can see.

Yes I've read the book, but what refrences do you mean, becaue I didn't put them there intenionally.

Misty blushed. Or at least it looked like she did, since her cheeks turned a darker shade of green than the rest of her.

thats the only thing that really stuck out to me. other than that i guess its just that your regurgitating the play (or at least a version of the play) back in writing form.

I actually wanted to ask you, which did you like better, the play or the book?

I actually wanted to ask you, which did you like better, the play or the book?

The play. The book was just...........eh. I read about the play before I read the book, anyway. But I wish Liir and Malky (I refuse to belive she was a spy) were in the play.

Last edited:
I think that its wierd that in the play Glinda was like the stupid popular girl("you're gonna be pop-YU-U-lar"lol) but in the book, everyone was like 15times more intelligent than any college student that ive ever known. The opening scene was a bit traumatizing, to see that Boq, transformed into the tin man, was so harsh towards Elphaba, after reading the part about how good of friends they were. needless to say the play was much more lighthearted that the book. I found it funny that the sexual undertones in the play were adopted from the explicit sexual encounters in the book(ie the philosifers club). I found it interesting also that Madame Morrible was introduced as a sinister character much earlier than the play had. Another thing that i liked about the book, was a detailed outlining of her taumatic birth and childhood (elphaba of course). but i can't decide which i liked better. While the play did do a good job of playing (forgive the pun) to my emotions, the book was more intellectually challenging and went further into the political and religious controversy in Oz (id bet you anything that the author is a darwinian).

[/ramble]

Last edited:
Okay, I better update before you guys start singing March Of The Authoress-Hunters. LOL. So I saw Wicked on Saturday, and it inspired me. So, I still don't own. Oh, and this has a lot of Pokshipping. Enjoy the story.
=====================

The next day, Ash watched curiously as Misty walked into class. After what happened at the Ozdust last night, -Misty came in wearing a pointy black hat, and danced hilariously, with Dalinda joining her- the vibrant, unique girl strangely fascinated the aloof, careless
Prince more than ever.

But he’d never admit it.

With a shock, Ash noticed that Misty was dressed in a way much unlike her. In fact, she was dressed like Dalinda. Silently, he followed as she walked to the back of the room. For a moment she ran her fingers through her long reddish-orange hair. As Ash leaned on the wall, she tossed her hair over her shoulders. “Toss, toss.” She said while she did it, as if she was practicing. She tried again. “Toss, toss.” She tried to imitate Dalinda’s girlish giggle. Just then, she noticed Ash, who, quietly as a wraith, had slid over next to her; Misty’s performance amusing him.

She leapt back with a tiny shriek, then demanded “What?” Ash gave her that killer smile. “Nothing, it’s just……you’ve been Dalinda-fied.” The green girl blushed, and Ash laughed out loud. “You don’t haf’ta do that, ya know?” You’re already beautiful his mind added. Even as Ash felt the shock of the thought, which he hadn’t consciously decided to think, a part of him whispered that it was very true. He found himself looking at her, marveling almost; because once you got past the whole “OH MY OZ, SHE’S GREEN!!!!” thing, Misty wasn’t bad to look at.

Her skin, of course, was green. Not a normal color, but actually a pretty one, all in all. Her eyes were also a pretty color, forest-green, a few shades darker than her skin. Her hair was reddish-orange, and cascaded down her back.

Ash’s admiring was interrupted by Professor Rowan running in. “Take your seats, class, take your seats!” Everyone complied. Ash was suddenly thankful that his seat was next to Misty’s and that Dalinda’s was across the room. “Listen, dear children, this is my last day at Shiz.” Everyone gasped. Just then, Madame Agatha rushed into the room. Misty leapt to her feet and darted to the old woman’s side. “Madame, you can’t allow this!!” The Headmistress looked unhappy. “I’m sorry, Miss Mistara, but it’s out of my hands!” The pained looked on Misty’s face gave Ash the strange urge to get up and comfort her. He held himself back.

As it was, the Goat Professor did it for him. “My dearest Miss Mistara, I shall continue speaking out.” As he said the last two words, the Goat and the green girl shared a significant glance that Ash didn’t understand.

“Professor Rowan!!” Misty wailed as two scientists dragged the Professor away. She made a move as if to give chase. “Misty!” Ash and Dalinda said in unison. With a defeated moan, she flopped down next to him. Ash felt her hair brush against his shoulder and arm, and he shivered, though it wasn’t cold. A new Professor came in, pushing a cart with him. Madame Agatha exited. The new Professor- Professor Krane, according to his nametag- began to speak. “Every day, with each tick of the Time Dragon Clock, one hears progress. For instance, this is called a cage!”

With a flourish, he pulled a cloth off of something, revealing a Lion Cub, trapped in the thing called a cage. “We’ll be seeing more and more of these. And they are for the Animal’s own good.” Misty looked furious. “If it’s for his own good, then why is he trembling?” She demanded. Professor Krane laughed. “Well, he’s excited to be here, Greenie.” Ash growled, enraged at the slight; then heard his sentiment echoed in May and Dalinda’s outraged hisses.

Professor Krane continued as if he hadn’t heard. Ash didn’t pay any attention, but heard that, if caged, the Animal would never learn to speak, becoming an animal. “Somebody DO SOMETHING!!!” He heard Misty cry. Suddenly, there were gasps. Ash looked up to see that everyone was jerking about uncontrollably. Everyone but him and Misty. “What did you do?” Ash asked. “I don’t know!” Misty replied. “I just got mad, and-“ He cut her off. “Okay, just don’t move. And don’t get mad at me!!” He grabbed the cage. “Well? Are you coming?”

She nodded, and they ran out the door.
=============
R&R, please!!!

Last edited:
Well, since no-one likes me enough to review, so I have to double-post. :-( I still don't own anything. Oh, and this chap. is in Ash's POV.

=====================================
“Careful! Don’t shake him!” Misty hissed at me. “I’m not!” I protested. “You think I’m really stupid, don’t you?” Misty shook her head. “No, not really stupid.” Suddenly a thought occurred to me-when will this thinking end?, I wondered.- “Why is it that every time I see you, you’re causing some sort of commotion?” “I don’t cause commotions, I am one!” Misty shot back.

“That’s for sure.” I muttered before I could stop myself. “Oh!” Misty snapped. “You think I should just keep my mouth shut, do you?” “No, I’m-“ She cut me off “I don’t want to feel this way, Ash; I don’t want to care so much!-“ This time, I cut her off “Don’t you ever let anyone else talk?” Misty blushed. “Oh. Sorry. But can I just say one more thing?” I nodded for her to continue.

“You could’ve walked away back there.” Actually, walking away had never occurred to me. “So?” “So,” Misty said with a smile “no matter how self-absorbed and shallow you pretend to be-"

“Excuse me,” I protested “there’s no pretense here. I happen to by genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow!” At least, I used to be. I thought. Misty actually laughed. I liked the sound, wanted to make her laugh again. “If that were true, you wouldn’t be so unhappy.”

“Fine, if you don’t want my help-“ I said. “No, I do!” She said, grabbing my hand. Everything froze. Both of us were suddenly silent, and everything was hot, glowing. She let go, and everything came back with a sense of dizziness and vertigo. “Poor little thing, he’s trembling.” Misty murmured. “I didn’t mean to……”

“Well, whatever you did, how come I’m the only one you didn’t do it to?” I asked, walking over and sitting down next to her. She glanced up at me. “Oh, look, you’re bleeding.” She said, lifting her hand to brush it against a bloody gash on my cheek, making me shiver slightly. “He must have scratched you.” “Yeah,” I murmured, barely hearing what she’d said. “Or maybe he scratched me or somethin.’ Anyway, I’m gonna get to safety. I mean, get the Cub to safety.”

As I gently lifted the Cub out of the cage, and held him against my chest to keep him safe- I rather liked holding the Cub; he was a nothing but a warm, cuddly little fluffball- and fastwalked away, I thought I heard Misty whisper “Ash……”

===============================
About half an hour later, Dalinda and Misty burst into my room. “Oh, Ashy, it’s just wonderful!!” My “girlfriend” squealed. I hated that nickname, but decided it was pointless to argue. “What is it?” I asked, speaking to the redhead, rather than the bluenette. Misty’s face broke into a wonderful, sweet, painfully beautiful smile. “I get to meet The Wizard!!” “Really?” I asked, jumping up. They both nodded. “That’s great, Mist!” I exclaimed.
============================
R&R, my lovelies!!

Aww I like you enough to review. Great chapter ^^ Keep writing PLEASE! =3

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom