• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wicked (PKMN-Style)

Okay, we all know the drill, I don't own Pokemon or Wicked

This chapter is dedicated to Kayumi, who was my only reveiwer for the last 2 chappies. Love ya, Yu! (In a siblingly was)
=================================

“ALL ABOARD!!” A conductor yelled. “Remember, eye contact.” Dalinda advised Misty. “And don’t forget to tell him how Wonderful he is. Wizards love that!” Drew walked over to them, pushing May in her wheelchair. “We’re all so proud of you, Misty!” May gushed. “I’m sure Father will be, too, when he hears.”

“And you’ll be okay while I’m gone?” Misty asked her sister fretfully. “Oh, of course she will.” Dalinda said. “After all, she’s got Drake to look after her.” “It’s Drew.” The green-haired Munchkin said. “I-I can’t do this anymore.” He left.

“Drew…..” May lamented. “May,” Dalinda said, putting a hand on the younger girl’s shoulder. “May, I guess he’s just not the right one for you.” “No, he’s the one.” May said adamantly. “It’s me who’s not right. Just go, Misty I’ll be fine.” She wheeled herself away.

“May, wait!” Misty protested. “Let her go.” Dalinda said calmly. “May’ll have to manage without you, just like the rest of us.” Misty scoffed. “Please! You, Miss Dalinda Arduenna Jenness of the Upper Uplands,-“ She used Dalinda’s full name and title, which Dalinda hadn’t known that she knew- “will hardly notice I’m gone. Besides, you have Ash. Where is he, anyway?” She blushed slightly. “N-Not that I expect him to say goodbye to me. I mean, we barley know eachother.”

“I don’t know him either .” Dalinda replied gloomily. “He’s been all distant and moodified lately. And he’s been thinking, which really worries me!” Just then, the two girls saw Ash making his way through the crowd towards them. “Ashy!” Dalinda squealed, jumping up and down, waving. “Over here, Ashy!”

Ash handed Misty a small bouquet of poppies- her favorite flower. “I’m happy for you, Misty.” He said almost shyly. “Yes.” Dalinda said, attaching herself to his arm possessively. “We are both so happy.” Brushing aside his girlfriend’s obvious jealousy, Ash said, “…I’ve been thinking-“ “Yes, I’ve heard.” Ash ignored Misty’s teasing joke. “About that Lion Cub, and……everything. I think about that day a lot.”

Misty blushed, then said in a whisper. “So do I.”

“Me too!” Dalinda said. “Poor, poor, poor Professor Rowan. It makes one want to…uh,…take a stand! So I’ve been thinking of….um,….changing my name!” “Your name?” Ash repeated, confused. “Yes! Since Professor Rowan had his own name for me, in solidarity and to express my outrage, I will no longer be know as Dalinda, but as simply Dawn.”

“Oh. Well that’s very admirable of you…..Dawn.” Ash said. “Good luck, Misty.” He left. “There, see?” Dawn cried. “Dalinda….” Misty started. “It’s Dawn now.” The bluenette corrected her. “Stupid idea. I don’t even know what made me say it!” “It doesn’t matter what your name is, everybody loves you!” Misty said soothingly.

“I don’t care! I want him!!” Dawn wailed. “I don’t even think he’s perfect anymore and I still want him! This must be what other people feel like. How do they bear it?” “Oh Deedee…..” Misty cooed, giving the other girl a hug. “Come with me, Dawn.” She said. “To where?” Dawn sniffled. “To the Emerald City.” Misty smiled. “Oh! I’ve always wanted to see the Emerald City!” Dawn squealed.

As the two friends boarded the train, they were singing under their breath together.

“One Short Day
In the Emerald City.
One Short Day
Full of so much to do…”

==================
So now our Popular girl has her more-famous name. Hooray.

R&R, please!

Last edited:
D'awwww love ya too Elphie(also siblingly)
Right when I get used to Dalinda=dawn its changed :p LOL. That was an awesome chapter ^^

I really like this idea. I do have to say, though, these chapters are very short and hold little description. Some of my favorite scenes from the play are skipped over and only mentioned briefly. I know that it is challenging to adapt a play to a story, but please, add more detail! There is so much missing that could make this great! Even if you don't know exactly what the actual character did, make parts up. This is your interpretation of the play. You can do whatever you want with it, it just needs to keep the same basic plot and characters as the play.

I hope this helps and please, keep writing. I promise that if you practice, your story will get better.

Me own nothing. :bawl::bawl::bawl:
==============================

Misty and Dawn spent the day in the Emerald City, even getting to watch Wizomaina. “The Wizard will see you now!” A Palace guard told Dawn and Misty. Both of them-even Misty, who wasn’t prone to squealing- squealed with delight.

As they entered The Wizard’s Chamber, A giant Head appeared and spoke to them in a booming voice. “I am Oz, the Great and Terrible! Who are you, and why do you seek me?” “Misty!” Dawn hissed. “Say something, Misty!”

“M-Mistara, child of Governor Waterflower of Munchkinland, Your Terribleness.” Misty stuttered.

“Oh, is that you, Mistara?” A normal voice asked from inside the Head. “It’s so hard to make out people from in there!” A kindly-looking man with gray hair climbed out of the Head “I’m honored to meet you, my dear.” He told Misty, before turning to Dawn. “And you would be?”

“Dawn.” The bluenette replied. “Dawn Jenness of the Upper Uplands, Your Ozness.” Misty smiled to herself. Then she wandered over to the Head, and touched it lightly. “I know.” The Wizard said. “Bit much, isn’t it? But it’s what people expect. And you have to give people what they want.

Thing is, I hardly ever let people meet the real me, but this being a special occasion….” “I’m so happy to meet you.” Misty said shyly. “Well that’s good.” The Wizard replied. “That’s what I do best- making people happy.” He took their hands.

“I am a sentimental man, my dears. I’ve always wanted a child, so I treat the Ozians as my sons and daughters. So I’d like to help you, Mistara. Though of course, you’ll have to prove yourself.”

“Oh, prove yourself, prove yourself!” Dawn squeaked.

“But how?” Misty asked, confused.

“I know.” The Wizard gasped. “Madame, the book!” Madame Agatha entered the room, carrying a huge, ancient book.

“Madame Agatha?” The students asked. The Headmistress beamed at them. “Hello, my dears. I’ve risen up in the world.” She handed the book to The Wizard. Dawn gasped. “It’s the Grimmere!”

Misty was puzzled. “The what?”

“The Grimmere!” Dawn replied, moving towards the book in awe. “The mythicality spellbook of Oz.” The she reached for it. “Can I touch it?” She whispered.

“No.” Madame Agatha whispered back.

“Chistery!” The Wizard called. A baby Chimchar ran into the room. “This is my Chimchar servant, Chistery.” He explained. “He watches the birds with such longing. Maybe you, Mistara could give him wings.” Misty read a spell out of the book. Chistery screamed. “What’s happening?!?” Misty cried in panic. “Just a transformation, my dear.” The Wizard replied. Suddenly, a pair of wings burst out of Chistery’s back. “Look at this, Miss Mistara!” Madame Agatha exclaimed.

A curtain flew up, revealing a huge cage full of monkey Pokemon and monkeys that now had wings. All of them were screeching their heads off. “Oh no! Quick, how do I reverse it?!” Misty said.

“Spells are irreversible.” Madame Agatha replied almost gleefully.

Still clutching the Grimmere, Misty ran off. “Oh no!” Dawn exclaimed. “I’m sorry, Your Ozness! I’ll fetch her back.” She darted after the redhead, calling “Misty, come back!”

Chistery raggedly flapped along beside Misty as she found herself in a small, circular room in the highest tower she could find. “Misty!” Dawn said, running in. The green girl didn’t respond. She pulled Chistery –who clung to her, seemingly terrified-protectively into her arms as she spoke. “There are no more stairs; this must be the attic.”

And yet, she had a strong desire to go higher, higher, out of The Wizard and Madame Agatha, and the Gale Force’s reach. She heard the Gale Force running up the stairs. “We gotta block the door, Dawn.” There was a broom leaning against the wall. “Oh, I’ll use this.” She put it in place.

“Mistara!” Dawn snapped angrily “Why couldn’t you have stay calm for once? Instead of flying off the handle!” Surprised, Misty turned around as Dawn continued.

“I hope you’re happy! I hope you’re happy now! I hope you’re happy how hurt your cause forever; I hope you think you’re clever!”

“I hope you’re happy!” Misty spat back. “I hope you’re happy, too! I hope you’re proud how you would grovel in submission to feed your own ambition!”

“So, though I can’t imagine how,” The two girls declared in unison “I hope you’re happy right now!”
======================
R&R, please!

Last edited:
Aw, crap, I gotta double-post again. Me own nothing. Listen to this while you read.
======================================

Their argument stopped abruptly when they saw out the window that Madame Agatha had stepped onto a balcony a few stories below them. “Fellow Ozians,” She began, addressing a crowd of people on the ground below. “We have an enemy among us, who must be found and captured. Believe nothing she says. She’s evil. Responsible for the mutilation of these poor, innocent creatures.”

From inside, everyone could hear the monkeys and Monkey Pokemon crying out in pain. Madame Agatha continued. “Her green skin is but an outward manifestorium of her twisted nature. This distortion. This repulsion. This……….WICKED WITCH!!!!”

The crowd gasped.

“Don’t be afraid.” Dawn said to Misty, even though she herself was shaking as if in an earthquake. “I’m not.” Her friend replied in a slightly choked voice. “It’s The Wizard who should be afraid. Of me.”

Dawn started pleading. “Misty, listen to me. Just say you’re sorry! Before it’s too late.” Her voice took on an almost hypnotic tone “You can still be with The Wizard. What you’ve worked and waited for; you can have all you ever wanted……”

“I know.” Misty said, her eyes closed. “But I don’t want it……” That was a lie. She wanted it more than anything else. She opened her eyes. The first thing she was Chistery, his skinny arms looped around her neck; his black-green eyes large and trusting; his soft, fawn-colored little wings brushing her arms when he shifted his weight even a little. And it was clear: He had no-one to protect him; the poor little baby. And even though she’d accidentally hurt him, he loved her. She could protect him. He needed her.

“No. I can’t want it, anymore.” Misty took a deep breath, holding Chistery close. “Something has changed within me. Something is not the same. I’m through with playing by the rules of someone-else’s game. Too late for second-guessing; too late to go back to sleep.

It’s time to trust my instincts. Close my eyes….and leap. It’s time to try defying gravity. I think I’ll try defying gravity. And you won’t bring me down.”

Dawn seemed to be both worried and alarmed. “Can’t I make you understand, you’re having delusions of grandeur?”

Misty shook her head. “I’m through excepting limits; ‘cause someone says they’re so. Some things I cannot change, but ‘till I try, I’ll never know! Too long I’ve been afraid of losing love I guess I’ve lost.” She gestured towards the barricaded door. “Well, if that’s love, it comes at much too high a cost. I’d sooner buy defying gravity. Kiss me goodbye, I’m defying gravity, and won’t bring me down.”

The guards reached the top of the stairs and banged on it when it wouldn’t open. “Open up in the name of his supreme Ozness!”

Misty knelt down on the floor, sat Chistery down gently, and opened the Grimmere. She found the spell that had given Chistery wings, and started reading. “Ah may ah tay ah tum didum ah may ah tay ah tum didum….” “What are you doing?” Dawn demanded, sounding afraid. “Stop it! That what started this mess in the first place- that stupid levitation spell! Stop!”

Misty stopped. “Well? Where are your wings?” Dawn asked. “I guess you’re not as powerful as everyone thinks.” Suddenly, the broom Misty had used to block the door floated towards her. She grabbed it. “See, Dawn? I did it! I did it, I tell ya!” A chair somehow took the broom’s place blocking the door. The guards banged on it again.

“Quick, get on!” Misty said. “What? Are you crazy?” Dawn replied, shocked. “Come with me, Dawn. Think of what we could do.” Misty’s eyes were pleading with the bubbly, popular girl.

“Misty.” Dawn said, sounding like she was having trouble speaking. “Misty, I-I can’t.” The redhead nodded. “I understand.” Dawn looked worried. “Misty, you’re shivering.” She put the Grimmere in Misty’s bag and got out her cape. “Here, put this around you.” She tied it in place. “I hope you’re happy, now that you’re choosing this.”

Misty stood up, her bag draped across her body like women wore their purses to keep them from snatchers, and Chistery on her shoulder. “You too. I hope it brings you bliss.”

“I really hope you get it. And you don’t live to regret it. I hope you’re happy in the end.” They said together. “I hope you’re happy……my friend.” The banging on the door got louder, and Dawn pushed Misty into the dark in the back of the room. The guards broke the door down, rushed in, and grabbed Dawn.

“Not her!” Misty’s voice rang out from her hiding spot. “She has nothing to do with this! It’s me you want! IT’S ME!!!” As Dawn and the Gale Forcers watched in amazement, Misty rode into the room with Chistery still on her shoulder. As he and Misty flew over the guards, the little Chimp Pokemon stuck out his tongue at them.

Misty soared out the window. Where should she go? Not North. That was Gilikin, Dawn’s home. She couldn’t go there. To the East was Munchkinland. There was no way she was going to Munchkinland. And in the Southern part of Oz was Quadling Country- just a big muckland.

That left only one option. Misty found herself singing.

“So if you care to find me,
look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately,
‘everyone deserves the chance to fly!’
And if I’m flying solo,
at least I’m flying free!
To those who’d ground me,
Take a message back from me:
Tell them how I am Defying Gravity.
I’m flying high, Defying Gravity!
And soon I’ll match them in renown.
And nobody
In all of Oz,
No Wizard that there is or was,
Is ever gonna bring me down!”​

“I hope you’re happy!” Dawn called, just as the crowd began crying out. “Look at her, she’s Wicked! Get her!” The picked up stones and began to throw them. “No-one mourns the Wicked; so we’ve got to bring her….”

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!!”

“………Down!”

Dawn’s navy-blue eyes welled up with tears that spilled over as her one real friend flew out of sight.
===================================
That is the part that ends Act One of Wicked the musical.

R&R, please.

That was so awesome. This is officially in my top ten best-to-read fanfictions list :p lol XD

I have a question..
I just read up to the part where "Professor Rowan" was taken, and haven't seen any sort of Pokemon whatsoever; even the lion could have been a Growlthlie or something. Are there actual Pokemon in here or just the people?

I have a question..
I just read up to the part where "Professor Rowan" was taken, and haven't seen any sort of Pokemon whatsoever; even the lion could have been a Growlthlie or something. Are there actual Pokemon in here or just the people?

Well, there are monkey Pokemon in it now, most promenently a Winged Chimchar named Chistery. (See my sig)

Kayumi, I now offically love you *huggles*

Alright, but it sounds a little random to only have once species of Pokemon in the story. . .haha i have seen the play (it's awesome!). But I personally would make anything animal/animal-ish should be made pokemon/pokemon-ish, because any story with animals and pokemon co-exsisting is awful. No offense or anything, it's just fact. So since you like this story so much, you're probably going to not like me anymore when I say DON'T make Professor Rowan goat-ish; it's just not right.
And now that I just read the scene with Chistery, I'm tempted to bang my head on this table...animals and pokemon together...*shudder*

Bahahaha... no matter what this looks like, I totally did not forget about this. Not. at. all.
Okay, maybe.

And... no matter what it looks like, this isn't meant to be as harsh as it sounds, I promise. xD

I'll start with your rendition of "Defying Gravity", namely because it is the most powerful/important (in my opinion) moment of the play/writing so far. And because it's stuck in my head after I listened to it.

That left only one option. Misty found herself singing.
Well, I found this a bit strange. Pretend you're Misty/Idina/Elphaba/Mistara for a moment. You've just learned that the entire world around you is a lie, your role model is a cruel, evil, git, your former teacher is a power hungry maniac, and you just transformed a poor, innocent monkey (reference. xD) into a creepy cross breed. Oh, and you'll probably never see your best friend again, seeing as she chose to side with the people who have become your mortal enemies... possibly making her your mortal enemy. So, naturally, you start... singing?

That brings me up to my next point: the use of song lyrics. While I love how you placed the original song lyrics into the writing, there's something discouraging about reading a block of text. I can read the lyrics to "Defying Gravity", like I just did, or I can listen to "Defying Gravity", like I also just did. Naturally, the listening is a lot more powerful <not only because it is accompanied by stunning visual as Elphaba rises into the sky 'n whatnot> than the lyrics. It's unfair to bring that up, kinda, because it's really, really hard, if not impossible, to send across the same kind of passion in your writing than in song. Like, if I put the lyrics to "For Good" on the screen, I wouldn't really feel much, but if I listened to Glinda singing "For Good" with Elphaba, realizing that they'll probably never see each other again, listening to the music, and realizing that Elphaba is actually going to sacrifice herself to save her best friend... that's pretty powerful. And then, of course, music has the advantage of replaying the same chords/blocks of notes/sequences to kinda make you remember other things in the story. Like, if you listened to "Defying Gravity" without the vocals <hint. Youtube. Piano. xD>, you'll be surprised to see how much of the song actually comes from other bits of the musical. This doesn't sound important and all, but the musical repetition kinda makes you remember other bits of the musical without your knowing that you're remembering them, making the experience even more powerful. Since it's pretty much impossible to get you to put music into your writing <with the exception of Youtube stuff>, you'll have to get creative. Having the same key, recognizable phrases is a good way to have the reader remember a certain point in time. Even if it's only a few words, if the words are memorable enough, they can usually do the trick. Just be careful not to do it: if you make it to obvious, the reader has the ability to go back to previous chapters and point it out 'n stuff. xD

...and, just a bit more. I promise.
“I really hope you get it. And you don’t live to regret it. I hope you’re happy in the end.” They said together. “I hope you’re happy……my friend.”
Well, besides that bit of music being one of my favorite parts in the musical, I get to come in and pester you with grammar. xD
“I really hope you get it. And you don’t live to regret it. I hope you’re happy in the end.” They said together. “I hope you’re happy……my friend.”
It's this bit right here that's painful. See, whenever you're writing with dialogue and you have a dialogue tag (such as "said" or "say" or "asked" or "shouted" or "cried", to an extent), you'll have to put a comma there, leading it to the next sentence.
So, it'd either look like this:
“I really hope you get it. And you don’t live to regret it. I hope you’re happy in the end,they said together. “I hope you’re happy……my friend.”
or this:
“I really hope you get it. And you don’t live to regret it. I hope you’re happy in the end.” They said together, “I hope you’re happy……my friend.”
, depending on what they actually said together.
You've had that problem with commas quite a bit. xD

“Can’t I make you understand, you’re having delusions of grandeur?”
It appears as if you've snatched this bit out of the song and put it into words. GOOD. xD Except, song lyrics have more leeway than writers do, because they can do paragraph breaks and ignore commas and whatever else they want. Silly them. xD
“Can’t I make you understand, you’re having delusions of grandeur?”
Notice how "Can't I make you understand" and "You're having delusions of grandeur" are both independent clauses- meaning they can stand on their own as sentences. However, you probably wouldn't want to make them into two separate sentences, because the lyrics in the song don't fit like that. However, to join two simple sentences, you'll a coordinating conjunction to go there, such as "and", "or", "but", etc. HOWEVER, none of those words were in the song, and they disrupt the flow of that particular sentence, anyways. This is where we use pesky little things called semicolons; they're actually quite useful in writing such as this; just be careful, because they don't really add much emotion to a sentence; excessive use makes your sentence look really bland and long and boring 'n stuff.
So, you'll get something like this:
“Can’t I make you understand; you’re having delusions of grandeur?”

A chair somehow took the broom’s place blocking the door.
lol, magic.

She found the spell that had given Chistery wings, and started reading. “Ah may ah tay ah tum didum ah may ah tay ah tum didum….” “What are you doing?” Dawn demanded, sounding afraid. “Stop it! That what started this mess in the first place- that stupid levitation spell! Stop!”
Just a friendly reminder, since you've been doing a pretty good job of this: be sure to have a new paragraph whenever someone new is talking, to make your writing look prettier and make it less of a pain on the eyes.
So, it should look like:
She found the spell that had given Chistery wings, and started reading. “Ah may ah tay ah tum didum ah may ah tay ah tum didum….”

“What are you doing?” Dawn demanded, sounding afraid. “Stop it! That what started this mess in the first place- that stupid levitation spell! Stop!”
Yeah, it wasn't really that drastic of a difference. xD

M'kay, that's all I've got for now. You're doing a pretty good job, even if this review is kinda frightening. Fear not, and keep it up. xD

Last edited:
Oh wow. First fan fic I've read. And cool story. Good work.

Er.. I do have one question though.. Why don't you put more pokemon? It will be super cool.

But hey, ignore me. I'm not a pro

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom