• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wifi battles slowing down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I wifi battle someone, the game strangely slows down.
Like, it takes some seconds for a move to be executed.

This hasn't happened before. In trades, it either disconnects (usually the wifi that's the problem) or succeeds.

What can cause the slowing down?

I have no idea where the person you are battling lives (and I don't know if you do either), but this for the most part is perfectly normal. It is not an unprecedented thing to receive delays in your Wi-Fi battling, dependant on where people live.

The slowing itself is caused by a tempremental or weak connection between you and your opponents Internet Connection and/or Speed. For better Wi-Fi results, a more modern, faster, more capable router is the cure. It hasn't happened in trades because there is no real slowness of execution. You click the Pokemon, you click okay, you click quit, job done.

That being said, I am unfamiliar with any lag or speed issues on Nintendo's behalf (like the Dreaded July of Disconnection), but I'll keep you posted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the above helps. It makes sense, as my friend lives at a different time zone.
I'll try battling some other friends and see if the lag continues (and is serious enough to stop the battle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom