• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii mini to be available in United States: Reduced version of Wii to release Nov. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Wii mini to be available in United States: Reduced version of Wii to release Nov. 17

The Wii mini, a reduced version of the Wii originally released in Canada and the United Kingdom, will be released in the United States on Nov. 17, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Wii mini to be available in United States: Reduced version of Wii to release Nov.

Personally, I think that it's a bad idea to bundle it with a game that uses online functionality, given that the Wii Mini's online features are taken away. Why not an offline-only game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Re: Wii mini to be available in United States: Reduced version of Wii to release Nov.

JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS

Personally, I think that it's a bad idea to bundle it with a game that uses online functionality, given that the Wii Mini's online features are taken away. Why not an offline-only game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Just because a game has online play doesn't mean it's bad offline.
With most Wii games such as Mario Kart Wii, online is included as a bonus, not a core feature.

It lacks Wi-Fi, but if I recall, you can connect an ethernet cable onto your Wii.

Mario Kart is also a better party game and considering they are likely releasing this for the Christmas rush.....

so if it can connect with an Ethernet cable or other then....it DOES have web connectivity.
Its going to be the doom of the thing if people keep going around saying that you cannot get online with it, when in fact you can.

It lacks Wi-Fi, but if I recall, you can connect an ethernet cable onto your Wii.

It is stated to lack all internet functionality. I've clarified this in the article.

Mario Kart is also a better party game and considering they are likely releasing this for the Christmas rush.....

Mario Kart Wii, a better party game? Excuse me one second.

Last edited:

According to the official site it doesn't seem to support SD cards
And it apparently doesn't have Internet (doesn't have ticks beside downloadable games and Internet Browser), but I do wonder if they're overlooking the USB Ethernet Adapter when they put that up.
The press page says it doesn't have Internet but again, they could just be overlooking the Adapter

Hence the statement "Mario Kart Wii is a better party game" >_>

Hence the statement "Mario Kart Wii is a better party game" >_>

That...didn't make any sense.

Ah well, moving on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom