• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii Shop Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If I had a friend of mine buy something from the Wii Shop by selecting 'Gift' instead of 'Buy', and have him send it to me, would I need access to the Wii Shop Channel in order to receive it and play it on my Wii? For some reason, it doesn't load the Shop Channel. Serves me right for buying second-hand :-/

The Wi-fi seems to be fine; the News and Weather channels work, but the Wii Shop...doesn't. So, do I need to access it to receive a Gift?

That's odd that the channel won't work. Are you positive about your wi-fi? If you are then unfortunately I can't explain it.

Yes, positive. The other channels, the wi-fi using games, etc. work fine, it's just the Shop. Do I need it or should I give up?

Do you have the latest firmware update?

We had something almost identical to this a while ago.

But yes. You absolutely must have the internet working on your Wii to receive a gift via Shop Channel. At least, I have had to when I received one.

It's more a question of do I need to open the Shop Channel and enter it in order to get the gift, or is having internet on its own enough?

I believe that it shows up on the front page on the Shop Channel for 0 points, so yes, you will need to be able to access the Shop Channel. What happens when you try?

I thank you (all). It's sorted now- when I tried before, it would just turn the Wii off between selecting 'Start' and the channel loading. It seems it was just a random thing, and it's fine now...

I'm feeling just as 'Wait, what?' as you. If not, more so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom