• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii successor to be shown at E3: Nintendo to unveil next home console in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons I never got a Wii was the lack of good games for the think. Outside of maybe PBR (I like how the Hipster beer and Pokemon Battle Revolution have the same initials), the Zelda games, the Mario games, and Wii Sports, there wasn't much good on the Wii.

Hopefully the next generation will have better titles.

Satoru Iwata has already said this system will not be 3D. His main reason was that 3D TVs aren't that widespread yet.

Thanks for the info! Hmmmm.... Now I'm stumped...... I'm guessing HD now...... Although the screen on the controller does sound interesting....But it seems like old tech to me, like the Nintendo DS, although the DS isn't exactly outdated, I'm just saying it's something we've all seen before. Nintendo might be planning on something never seen in gaming before. So I guess we'll have to wait until later to get a good picture on what THAT is.
Saw a funny rumor that said the new Wii will be able to shoot expresso in your mouth! LOL

Dang, and I don't even have a Wii! Oh well. Hopefully you can play Wii games on this Wii2, and maybe the DS and 3DS can connect with it.

That's likely a given. What I want to know is if you can still play Gamecube games on the thing.

If they announce a new Super Smash Bros along with the system, then I'm sold.

The controller is a photoshop of the Classic Controller. It's what IGN think it will look like. But the specs are from Nintendo themselves.

The only problem for me is the price that Nintendo have said. $350-$400, depending on manufacturing costs. I mean, that's the only reason I'm not playing Super Monkey Ball on my 3DS now. It's expensive, so I don't have one yet.

What I wonder is if they're going to stray away from the motion..thing the Wii is all about. Xbox and PS even went to the lenghts of making their own versions of that with Kinect and PSMove. If they do stray away, why? I doubt they will, but so far the announcement doesn't seem as..revolutionary? As the Wii announcement did 5 or so years back.

Look forward to E3 then. =/

Personally im not all that thrilled about a new nintendo system. Period. Because comparatively nintendo has really sucked when viewed against other consoles of the same generation. Now thats not to say I wont look into what the new system will be capable of doing aswell as seeing if they release new games to take advantage of the new systems specs. What I expect them to do is maybe inplement something that sony and microsoft have already been doing for many years and has been very successful. And that would be online multiplayer and competative hiscores. 1 of the things that has really annoyed me about my wii is that its just a local console, meaning that you can only play it with other people in your own house. Oh it connects to the internet, however its only used for getting more games that arent in disk format or downloading apps such as netflix and youtube. They will be late in the game if they do implement such a system but better late than never because if they can put in online multiplayer then they would be able to have titles that rival Halo(possibly). Another thing I would like to see in this system is if they make it where its capable of playing blu-ray disk. Because while they didnt have bluray or dvd back in the 90s when PS1 came out, I do remember you were able to play CD's on the console. And when I got my wii the first thing I tried was, I got a DVD and tried to play it but all it said was "CANNOT READ DISK" then I tried a CD and the same thing came up. Also alot of people are wondering if the W2 will be able to use the wii remotes and nunchuks, I beleive they will because that way nintendo will still be able to make some money off wii sales because people will buy the W2 and wanna also be able to play the first wii's games. Even though they, for the most part, suck. So those are my expectations for the upcoming console that nintendo will be showing us in june or july(I cant think when because its 1am when im writing this.

@torchicfan

I hope that they do keep the Wii remotes and nunchuks, or improve them, because they are be a bit clunky at times...... But remember, the Wii is able to play Gamecube disks but you need to have the original Gamecube controllers to play them, and some games you buy in the Wii shop require a special controller, sooooo...... Nintendo might keep the remotes and nunchuks, and they might make something completely different (like controllers with screens on them). Nintendo might let you play Wii games on the new system, either with the new controllers, or the original ones, and they might not let you play Wii games on the new system altogether...... We'll just have to wait to find out for sure.

I personally hope they drop the motion stuff and return to a more GC-like controller. I thought the Wii remote was a bit awkward while the Game Cube controller just felt comfortable in my hands.

I personally hope they drop the motion stuff and return to a more GC-like controller. I thought the Wii remote was a bit awkward while the Game Cube controller just felt comfortable in my hands.

I don't think they'll drop it, considering that both Microsoft and Sony co-opted it for their systems. It's too marketable for them to get rid of it.

I don't think they'll drop it, considering that both Microsoft and Sony co-opted it for their systems. It's too marketable for them to get rid of it.

Motion gaming is what's in right now, and I like it, but I'll admit, I sometimes do prefer old style gaming (pushing buttons instead of waving your arms like crazy), and I agree with Starscream that the Wii remote is sometimes a bit awkward feeling compared to other controllers (I personally don't have a Game Cube). But if Nintendo will drop the motion gaming with the new system, I don't know...... But, I will say this, from what I've seen, it looks like Nintendo will be going in a new direction with this new "Wii2." So they might, I say might, drop the motion thing, although it does seems unlikely, since they are doing so well with it. Nintendo MIGHT try a new direction, while they let Sony and Microsoft, which probably won't release their new consoles until much later, stick with motion gaming. And if Nintendo's new style of gaming works well for them, then Sony and Microsoft will probably try it out themselves.

Motion gaming is what's in right now, and I like it, but I'll admit, I sometimes do prefer old style gaming (pushing buttons instead of waving your arms like crazy), and I agree with Starscream that the Wii remote is sometimes a bit awkward feeling compared to other controllers (I personally don't have a Game Cube). But if Nintendo will drop the motion gaming with the new system, I don't know...... But, I will say this, from what I've seen, it looks like Nintendo will be going in a new direction with this new "Wii2." So they might, I say might, drop the motion thing, although it does seems unlikely, since they are doing so well with it. Nintendo MIGHT try a new direction, while they let Sony and Microsoft, which probably won't release their new consoles until much later, stick with motion gaming. And if Nintendo's new style of gaming works well for them, then Sony and Microsoft will probably try it out themselves.

What would be really cool is if they keep something like the wiimote, but then also make it adaptable to regular gaming situations -- make it have hinges or something, so that way those who want to game on it for traditional games have that option as well.

The new controller will probably be like the PS3's, with built in motion.

Also, I heard it will use Wii controllers too, like how the Wii can use Cube controllers for Wii games.

What would be really cool is if they keep something like the wiimote, but then also make it adaptable to regular gaming situations -- make it have hinges or something, so that way those who want to game on it for traditional games have that option as well.

That's a great idea! I like it!

And @Gligar13: Thanks for the info!

Gligar13: I'm not surprised -- Nintendo likes appeasing its consumer base with backwards compatibility.

There's a lot of rumors for the Wii2 (which is what I'm calling it until its official name is revealed).

One of the rumors is that the Wii2 won't drop the motion control, but will enhance it, the rumor states that it will be more significantly improved than that of the Wiimote+Nunchuck and the wiimotion plus. What that would imply, I don't know, but if it is true, I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

I just hope that with this console, motion controls are optional. Some Wii games used it really well, while others, hardly at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom