• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii successor to be shown at E3: Nintendo to unveil next home console in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to make a simple platformer on a limited GPU then a FPS game with complex textures with shaders and lighting effects.

FPS games are purely a Western thing, though, and Nintendo is a very Japanese company.

Yeah, if you look at the controller during the Zelda Wii U, you can see it shows all the Twilight Princess items, so it just seems to be a HD reimagining of that spider boss in the Temple of Time.

Looking forward to it! Unfortunately I didn't really think much of the Wii, but I'm interested to see what the new one can do.

So... This allows you to continue playing the game with just the controller even if someone else wants to watch TV?

I love Nintendo.

With a mustache.

-cries- Cheese, I REEEALLY wanted it to be called the WiiWii

I hope Gamecube games and controllers will still be compatible but I expect they won't be because it would be very expensive to be able to play games from 3 consoles which I think is why new PS3s can play PS1 games but not PS2 games and the original DS and DS lite can play GBA games but not Game Boy or Game Boy Colour games. I think this will be the home console which the 3DS connects to. On the 3DS there is a function in the settings called Transfer DSi Data. Has that become useable with the update which released today? If it has does it allowed you to keep the DSiWare on the DSi? I would like something like this for the Virtual Console and WiiWare for the new console.

Looking at the picture of the console I don't think Gamecube games can be played and watching the videos in the conference I think Wii games will be able to be played because sometimes Wii remotes can be used on the console.

Looking at the picture of the console I don't think Gamecube games can be played and watching the videos in the conference I think Wii games will be able to be played because sometimes Wii remotes can be used on the console.

Just because a console lacks ports doesn't mean it can't be played. The 360 supported Xbox 1 games in a software emulator (which was bundled with the console, kind of like VC), but it didn't support original controllers.

Cube trollers were only really used for BC support and as classic controller alternatives for Smash Bros. It's possible if it uses the classic controller in Cube mode or the new one.

^Yes but from what I know a Software Emulator is LOUSY. Look at all the kinds of games that still can't be played on a 360 yet, since nearly every game for the Xbox has some kind of issue when running on a 360.

Anyways, I'll be perfectly fine without the GameCube compatibility for once, since I'll still have my Wii for one. Reason I'd prefer backward compatibility for handhelds instead is a whole different story though.

Edit: PokeBeach says there WILL be GameCube compatibility, but I'll look up some info myself to make sure.
Edit Again: No GameCube Support:
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15654

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom