• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wii titles to be available for digital purchase from Wii U eShop: New downloads provi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Wii titles to be available for digital purchase from Wii U eShop: New downloads provide a ...

The January 2015 Nintendo Direct revealed that select titles from the Wii console will be available for purchase on the Wii U eShop.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Wii titles to be available for digital purchase from Wii U eShop: New downloads p

I don't think Battle Revolution is a likely case, seeing as how we've moved two generations beyond it and it doesn't have much use unless you connect the DS games. The PokePark games are pretty likely, though.

By the way, I should note that these are not upscaled to HD. Given the price, though, it's still a pretty good deal in my opinion.

Re: Wii titles to be available for digital purchase from Wii U eShop: New downloads p

I hope Battle Revolution doesn't get put on eShop. It will get poor reception again and reinforce the idea to Nintendo again that Stadium 3 should not be attempted.

I agree with Yoshi it's unlikely, Nintendo discontinued Battle Revolution discs back in 2008.

Yeah, I don't think any of the Wii Pokemon titles are really worth porting to the eShop.

I hope Battle Revolution doesn't get put on eShop. It will get poor reception again and reinforce the idea to Nintendo again that Stadium 3 should not be attempted..

It shouldn't.

I'm actually very disappointed they've given priority to Wii games which aren't all that old over GameCube games and said the reason they put Wii games on eShop was for people who missed out.
Barring Metroid Prime Trilogy, most people who own a Wii U have already played those games. It's been 11 years since I first heard of the GameCube and nagged my stingy parents for one and I still haven't had the opportunity to play Super Mario Sunshine.

I hope Battle Revolution doesn't get put on eShop. It will get poor reception again and reinforce the idea to Nintendo again that Stadium 3 should not be attempted.

I agree with Yoshi it's unlikely, Nintendo discontinued Battle Revolution discs back in 2008.

Yeah, it's just that the Wii had very few Pokémon titles, and Battle Revolution was the best one in my opinion. We all know Pokémon Ranch would never happen...

I'm actually very disappointed they've given priority to Wii games which aren't all that old over GameCube games and said the reason they put Wii games on eShop was for people who missed out.
Barring Metroid Prime Trilogy, most people who own a Wii U have already played those games. It's been 11 years since I first heard of the GameCube and nagged my stingy parents for one and I still haven't had the opportunity to play Super Mario Sunshine.

Boy, do I hear you there! It does tick me off that Nintendo made this decision, it's like a boy asking for a bike for his birthday amd getting a baseball bat. I wish I knew Nintendo was against this...

Boy, do I hear you there! It does tick me off that Nintendo made this decision, it's like a boy asking for a bike for his birthday amd getting a baseball bat. I wish I knew Nintendo was against this...
Nintendo lately seems to have an undefined hatred of late it's 90s/early 2000s fans. SSB4 is a good example, just look at all the retro references (that weren't already present in Melee and Brawl), only 1 of them was late 90s (Great Cave Offensive stage) and that was from a series Sakurai invented as well as one of the last games from a 1991 console. Shadow Mario was the only early 2000's retro thing I noticed. We're also forced to play as 80's Mega Man with no alt costumes to play as a Mega Man I'm familiar with whose games I actually liked.
In addition, GBA and GBC (and GB) VC was halfassed, they don't plan to make further use of the GC adapter than it's fan service SSBU and they removed built in GC ports in the first place to save like $1 per unit.

Back to Battle Revolution. It would be much better to just make a gen 6 Wii U game that more closely resembles Stadium with gen 4 and 5 compatibility.

And to be more on topic. I would love a western release of WiiWare PMD to make it to eShop.

Last edited:

Wait, they're releasing a game in Australia/New New Zealand for the first time by using this method? Awesome! I love seeing that.

Also, poor OpRainfall. Pandora's Tower has been announced for everywhere except North America this way, and I doubt they will get it.

I think it has more to do with Wii games being easier to port because of backwards compatibility than anti-6th gen bias.

Wait, they're releasing a game in Australia/New New Zealand for the first time by using this method? Awesome! I love seeing that.
Which game is that?

I think it has more to do with Wii games being easier to port because of backwards compatibility than anti-6th gen bias.
The Wii U is technically backwards compatable with the GameCube aswell but the it's version of the Wii menu only reads Wii discs. It is possible to boot GC games using homebrew software.

Also, poor OpRainfall. Pandora's Tower has been announced for everywhere except North America this way, and I doubt they will get it.

As I recall, that (along with The Last Story) was distributed by Xseed in North America, so despite being a Nintendo First/Second party game, they may need to negotiate the rights to sell it digitally.

This made me so happy! Of the three games announced for NA so far, I haven't played any, and have searched for an affordable copy of MPT for years! It'll be great to have access to all of them for such a great price, and the potential for future games is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom