• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

will all this leaking screw us over

Previous Pokemon games were leaked for almost a year before the English version came out, and that didn't screw me up.

You realize being officially released in another region doesn't constitute being a leak, right?

Previous Pokemon games were leaked for almost a year before the English version came out, and that didn't screw me up.

You realize being officially released in another region doesn't constitute being a leak, right?

Yes. My point is that we already knew everything about the game before it reached us in English. We already knew..

Uh, guys,

https://twitter.com/TamashiiHiroka/status/385187314407723008

Anyone heard anything about that?

(Note to mods: I know this should ~technically~ be in the rumors thread, but I wanted to avoid spoilers of the leaks, so is it ok if I post this here? Thanks!)

Who the Hell is Tamashii Hiroka? Until we hear anything from the horses mouth, treat anything but as false.
A relatively big youtuber. Figured (like the dookieshed thing a while ago) it was false. Was just wondering if anyone heard anything. :)

Uh, guys,

https://twitter.com/TamashiiHiroka/status/385187314407723008

Anyone heard anything about that?

(Note to mods: I know this should ~technically~ be in the rumors thread, but I wanted to avoid spoilers of the leaks, so is it ok if I post this here? Thanks!)

Who the Hell is Tamashii Hiroka? Until we hear anything from the horses mouth, treat anything but as false.
A relatively big youtuber. Figured (like the dookieshed thing a while ago) it was false. Was just wondering if anyone heard anything. :)

Yes, because a few small leaks would totally make them not want to do this again, right?

I highly doubt it. This is the release of an extremely profitable product. To treat their world wide audience like a class of middle schoolers (punishing the whole because of the one) isn't the best way to build loyal customers. Besides leaks happen with superbly popular games all the time and it's extremely hard to prevent even if you were to hold shipping off until the week before.

Bull****! Someone just asked for the source, the person said they found it on Pokebeach but that it was removed. Oh, how convenient. How did anyone from Pokebeach get to that comment of Masuda?

Wouldn't he have posted it on his blog? Or on his twitter? Or do we have a Masuda leaker as well who informs us of his latest thoughts too? That's just ridiculous. That news would be all over different major Pokémon sites now if it were true. What a f-ing lie.

You know what I say? If you can't wait 10 days for the game, you don't deserve to get the next pokemon game. All the stores who broke the fundamental laws of Pokémon should not be allowed to sell the next Pokémon game. What do you think?

I'm just sick of waiting, I was disappointed with Mega Charizard X while the rest of the leaks got taken down, it felt like the kind of thing something wanted was taken away from us, and we got something crappy in return, which is how this day has gone for me.

Canada and Italy have reportedly broken the street date.

i dont know if this is true but i'm starting to think that iff the leaking continus we may not have a world wide release for future games

what do you think

So you can buy the game pre-release in those countries?

Canada and Italy have reportedly broken the street date.

i dont know if this is true but i'm starting to think that iff the leaking continus we may not have a world wide release for future games

what do you think

So you can buy the game pre-release in those countries?

It's only one store, or a tiny handful of them. It doesn't reflect the entire country.

Street dates being broken is something that should be absolutely expected.

Not something that should not be cared much about, but something to not make the end of the world over. The moment you set something free, you do so consciously that it will leak. And as such, you make preparations aware of this fact.

Considering the small scope of these leaks (shady sites, corners of the internet), other than locating and punishing the people involved the consequences of these leaks are pretty much minimized.

After all, in this case the leaks are really small: People aren't breaking into the game and not distributing illegal copies earlier, which I'd pressume is their biggest concern.

She said it was from Pokebeach.

Also Serebii said it wouldn't surprise him if it were true.

Last edited:
Street dates being broken is something that should be absolutely expected.

Not something that should not be cared much about, but something to not make the end of the world over. The moment you set something free, you do so consciously that it will leak. And as such, you make preparations aware of this fact.

Considering the small scope of these leaks (shady sites, corners of the internet), other than locating and punishing the people involved the consequences of these leaks are pretty much minimized.

After all, in this case the leaks are really small: People aren't breaking into the game and not distributing illegal copies earlier, which I'd pressume is their biggest concern.

Yeah, these are probably either from stores that don't sell video games often or small stores that manually ring stuff up. Most major stores have registers that prevent barcodes from being scanned before the proper release dates and won't even have the stuff out for display. They'll have display copies to use instead.

I don't see why it matters, since stuff is usually leaked before release even when the games were released in Japan first

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom