• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Will any other region's starters get Mega Evolutions?

MissingNo. 1

Reaction score
First off, I apologize in advance if this thread belongs in the Mega Evolution thread, I made a new thread for this because I thought that this topic was a bit of a special case. Well, here goes:

Do you guys think that the other region's starters will get Mega Evolutions? So far, only two out of the six regions that were introduced in the main series so far got Mega Evolutions and within those regions, all the starters now have Mega Evolutions. So I thought that the other regions' starters deserve Mega Evolutions as well, just to keep things consistent and avoid unfairness and favoritism. I even brainstormed some good opportunities for the other regions' starters to get Mega Evolutions and so I will list them out:

Johto starters: In Pokemon Emerald, the Johto starters were available when the player filled out the Hoenn Pokedex. So the same could happen in ORAS, well, maybe the requirements could be a little different. But my point is, if Emerald handed out the Johto starters, then why not ORAS? And if the games do, then they could tack on Mega Evolutions for the Johto starters' final evolutions.

Sinnoh starters: I posted why I think there will be a Sinnoh remake within Generation VI on this thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/discussion-about-sinnoh-remakes-167898/#post5317921. I won't get into details regarding my Sinnoh remake speculation but I will say that if there will in fact be Sinnoh remakes in Generation VI, then this could be a good time to reveal Mega Evolutions of the Sinnoh starters in the Sinnoh remakes.

Unova starters: In the third version/sequel of XY. XY handed out a second batch of starters within the game so this time, instead of Kanto starters (which would be repetitive, btw), how about Unova starters? And give the Unova starters Mega Evolutions while Game Freak is at it.

Kalos starters: Like the Unova starters, in the third version/sequel of XY. I am pretty sure that the reason why the Kalos starters never got Mega Evolutions in the first pair of XY is because no other Kalos Pokemon got Mega Evolutions at that time. But currently, one Kalos Pokemon has a Mega Evolution and by the time XZYZ/Z comes out, which will be after ORAS and maybe Sinnoh remakes if it does happen, then probably a batch of Kalos Pokemon will have Mega Evolutions. So that will be a great time to introduce Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters.

Of course all of the starters will probably get Megas eventually. If what you're wondering is if they'll get them in ORAS, the only ones I can see getting them besides the confirmed Swampert and Sceptile are the Johto starters and this is only because they were obtainable in Emerald and may be obtainable again in ORAS. However, if they are still obtained by getting the Hoenn Dex, then I doubt they'll get Megas since that would require you to complete the Hoenn Dex before you even get the starters, which I doubt many people will actually put forth the effort to do because people are lazy. I don't see you not being able to get the Mega Stone of the starters that most people wouldn't even work to obtain, so I'd assume they'd be obtained another way, maybe just after you beat the game.

I believe so...

Gen 2 will get mega evo on gen 7 new game. Other gen will get mega on their remakes.

Or maybe faster than that...

I'm guessing the 2nd gen starters will either get them in ORAS or 7th gen, everyone else will get them either in a remake or a third version/sequel with the possible exception of 5th gen starters (waiting for 5th gen remakes might be a bit too long).

In fact, the typical starter things have always been equal so far. They have never been exceptioned or seperated from each other. But that's the first time we actually see such a distinction. To think about it, there was absolutely no necessary reason to give a mega evolution to Blaziken from the first stage. But now all Hoenn equalled by this remake. So that makes sense to keep thinking the way acording the games or remakes. Eventually, at least I hope, that all starters will get some soon. Fingers crossed.

I certainly hope that they all get Megas. I'm sure that they will implement this some way, and I hope it's sooner rather than later!

I would have thought that only the 1st gen starters would have got them if they had not gave us Mega Blaziken, but given that, I assume all of them will end up with Megas. Megas Torterra should be a sight to see.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom