• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash and Trip battle this league?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
Remember how Ash and Gary didn't battle till the Jhoto league? Are they going to do that same thing only a bit better? The writers are getting better as series go on so. It would be intresting if they kept Trip around a bit longer and did things for there rivalry. They are kind of going Kantoish this series, so maybe. What do you think?

Considering how fast this season is going, I wouldn't be suprised if Trip will be a long term rival like Gary was.

Of course they will.

They will never keep characters for two generations again like they did in Johto.

I believe they will because I have a new theory on Trip. After Ash beats him in the league, Trip will decide to go to Kanto because they are not from the boonies like he thought they were :)

It's very likely they will, but you never know. They might surprise us and not have them battle.

I believe they will because I have a new theory on Trip. After Ash beats him in the league, Trip will decide to go to Kanto because they are not from the boonies like he thought they were :)

I'd say it's pretty obvious that Trip will go to Kanto after losing to Ash in the league.

I am hoping that after Ash beats him without any older Pokemon but Pikachu then beats someone with ton of experience with older Pokemon and then Trip realizes Ash could pwned him with ease.

If the writers plan to have a filler arc between BW and the next series, I could see Trip getting defeated by Ash at the end of the filler arc in some other kind of tournament rather than in the Unova League.

However, I think they'll face each other in the league regardless. Even if it's not the time for Ash to beat Trip, then at least it would hopefully add fuel to their rivalry.

If the writers plan to have a filler arc between BW and the next series, I could see Trip getting defeated by Ash at the end of the filler arc in some other kind of tournament rather than in the Unova League.
The thing is if there is a "filler" arc then Ash will just challenge Frontier Brains - or whatever they may be called - and not another League for them to be able to pair-up for a match. Ash has never had any plot-related rivals during those minor challenges because their won't be a "real" battle for them to settle it and they'll only have free battles from time to time. Hence why Gary was put on hiatus until after the Orange League challenge and Morrison was simply defeated in the Hoenn League to end his rivalry (plot-related, that is) rather than continuing it in the Battle Frontier Challenge where they can't compete for a League challenge after proving themselves that far.

Unless of course after the Unova League there is some mini-Pokemon League where many trainers compete after earning badges (or whatever the tokens will be called) but that's doubtful.

What would be the point of having to put up with Trip if that wasn't the case? I could put up with Paul or Gary for a long while, they actually brough substance to their rivalries. But more than one region with Ash wanting to be BFF's with a Trip who belittles him? NO.

If they work out the rivalry to be balanced on both sides and actually be interesting, then yes.

Well, I am really really sure Ash will battle with Trip! This is my favorite rivalrity between Ash and Trip. You know that Ash has owned 8 Pokemon, and Trip has owned 6 Pokemon *posibbly more than 6*. So, It will be the greatest battle ever! Defeating rivalrity between Ash and Paul or Ash and Gary! It will be greater if Pokemon Best Wishes will make 3 or 4 parts of episode Ash vs Trip! I can't wait for Ash VS Trip full battle!

It would be nice if Trip stuck around. Not specifically Trip, since I still think he's a bit bland, but if we had a rival for more than one region. A rival doesn't really have to have the same turnover as companions, so I wouldn't be opposed to having them stick around. We don't see them too much so they don't get tired as quickly. Trip's looking like he's going to start getting more development since we had the Adeku stuff, so it would be nice to not lose development of rivals and have to start from scratch again.

The issue with it though is I don't feel like the writers would be able to write rivals that were truly equally on par with Ash. They always just tend to write rivals that start off a lot stronger, Ash eventually beats them, and then we move on. With Ash catching so many pokemon apparently this generation they could do it where they each rotate their teams enough that it's never the same and there's always a challenge, assuming Trip'll catch more pokemon as well. They wouldn't know what pokemon the other would have on hand at the time of fighting, so it would be a lot more of a surprise and they would have to be able to adapt. Kinda exactly not what we saw with the latest episode with Trip where he knew exactly how to counter one of Ash's pokemon.

I am hoping that after Ash beats him without any older Pokemon but Pikachu then beats someone with ton of experience with older Pokemon and then Trip realizes Ash could pwned him with ease.
Seeing as I highly doubt we'll be seeing reserves just because so many more pokemon will need to be used in this league just so they can have at least one league under their belt, I doubt that'll happen.

I really don't think they'll keep a companion/rival for more than one region anymore, so yes, I think they will.

I don't think they will because of how fast Best wishes is going, I think we will probably get a filler saga after Best Wishes and then a new saga were they will battle in that league, Just like Kanto.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom