• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash get a Riolu?

Will Ash get a Riolu

• Yes

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Anabel episodes, when some people predicted Corphish will evolved. Which make sense 'cause Anabel used Psychic types. I must admit I were really dissapointed when Corphish didn't evolved at all and Pikachu once again have his annoying victory moment here.

I think those episodes did show up around the time I heard that rumor. Looking back at those episodes, it would have been much better if Corphis had evolved and became part Dark type. That would have made Ash's battle much easier since a lot of Anabel's attacks would have been useless.

technically, if Houen and Battle Frontier can be counted together as a single series, Kantou and Jouto could as well since they were also the same series (the Japanese fandom seems to refer to it as 無印 "mujirushi", or "no subtitle"). In which case, I'd say AG definitely fared much better in evolutions. Sure, he got quite a few evos in Kantou, but Bayleef being his sole evolution afterwards doesn't help that series' cause, and one must also consider the fact that he got several Pokemon in that time.

Despite only four of them ever did much.

that was still a lot better than his evolutions in the first series. A Caterpie evolving into Butterfree is a two-stage evolution, given, but considering you get it early in the games, being such a quick and easily-obtained evolution, in actuality it acts as something little stronger than the first-stage starter you receive, unlike the powerhouses we usually see from evolved Pokemon. The fact that it didn't really accomplish much after evolving up until its dumped didn't help its cause. Meanwhile, Kingler never really did much, in fact it didn't do a single thing until its evolution, and I doubt anything would've been affected in the series if Satoshi simply caught the thing already in its evolved state (in fact, that probably would've been a lot better than the deus ex moment he got in the Sekiei tournament). Pigeot, meanwhile, left almost immediately after evolving, it beating on Onidrill being the sole achievement to its name (though in its defense, as a Pigeon it seems to have been Satoshi's most powerful Pokemon in the early days, possibly rivaling Pikachu itself. If Satoshi didn't catch it in an already-evolved state, that easily could've been a noteworthy evo, assuming he evolved a Poppo into Pigeon before the whored-out starters came along). It's probably also worth mentioning that while Lizardon was a two-stage evolution, it barely did anything as Lizard.

So really, it seems like the only evolutions that were really noteworthy back then were Lizard into Lizardon (or Hitokage straight into Lizardon, as it technically seems), and Chicorita into Bayleaf. And even if Donphan and Onigohri didn't see much usage after their evolutions, they still fared a lot better than some of the first series evos (compare Onigohri's performance to Kingler.... both are practically exclusive to tournaments).

Last edited:
I really want him to get Hippopotas! :p

But Stunky would rock. Or...dare I say...Kricketune!

Or another DP New Evo. Why not?

I SO Second that.

HIPOPOTAS FTW

And Combee

Or Swinub

I think their will be an episode on Iron Island with Riley in it. Ash will get the Riolu egg from him like in the games. I think that sums up what I think.

I hate Lucario. In the early stages of IV, everyone thought it was gonna be more of a pseudo-legendary than Tyrannitar and Dragonite. IT WASNT EVEN A PSUEDO!!!! You face two trainers that have one and find a Riolu in Fuego. EASY!!! I don't know, that would just make Ash more of a 10 year old that he already is. THEORY: Ash was born on Feb 29, and thats why he still acts 10!!

Fire: Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Cyndaquil, Torkoal
Water: Squirtle, Krabby, Kingler, Lapras, Totodile, Seaking, Corphish
Grass: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Bayleef, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Turtwig
Flying: Pidgeotto, Butterfree, Charizard, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Taillow, Swellow, Starly, Staravia
Bug: Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Heracross, Beedrill
Electric: Pikachu
Steel:
Dark:
Fighting: Primeape, Heracross
Psychic:
Ground: Phanpy, Larvitar, Donphan
Rock: Larvitar
Ice: Lapras, Snorunt, Glalie
Dragon:
Ghost: Haunter
Normal: Pidgeotto, Raticate, Tauros, Pidgeot, Snorlax, Noctowl, Taillow, Swellow, Aipom, Starly, Staravia
Poison: Bulbasaur, Muk, Haunter, Beedrill

So there are only four Pokemon types that Ash has not yet owned - Steel, Dark, Psychic, and Dragon.
Don't Forget 'bout Gible who is half Dragon and half Ground.

I'd doubt if he'd get a Riolu/Lucario though.

^ This thread was revived from 2007, of course he didn't include Gible xD

Fuck, I'm an American. Ash ain't got no gerbil yet! Who knows what'll happen!

....Is my way of saying this is some sick thread necromancy. (great term. I like that term.)

i hope he does it will be his first fighting type and pyshcic

i hope he does it will be his first fighting type and pyshcic

For one Lucario is a Fighting/Steel. Second it wouldnt be his first fighting as he had a Primeape and currently has Heracross

So a 3-year-old thread was resurrected for no reason whatsoever and people are still posting in it why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom