• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash have a Kanto team?

Konja7

Reaction score
Ash has three Pokemon in his team now: Pikachu, Mr. Mime and Dragonite.

The three Pokemon are from Kanto. So, I wonder if this could be a trend for this season.

He's a Kanto native so I wouldn't mind if that was the case. I'd like him to catch a Cubone and/or Nidoran♂.

The only thing I'll say is that:
anything can happen.

They broke some usual trends and cliches in Sun & Moon so what's not to say that this series could possibly break more and change things up even further. Which they already broke one of them today.

Last edited:
The only thing I'll say is that:
anything can happen.

They broke some usual trends and cliches in Sun & Moon so what's not to say that this series could possibly break more and change things up even further. Which they already broke one of them today.
Well, they did break the trend that Ash can't catch Pokemon that belonged to one of his old companions.

Kanto.jpg

Kanto 2.jpg

Kanto 3.jpg

I'd be very surprised if his Kanto starters didn't return. Also, someone is bound to get an Eevee, but my bet is on Go since he needs another popular Pokemon that is always around him.

Anyway, Mr. Mime is a wild card, so Ash could rotate it with Pokemon from other regions.

Last edited:
I hope that he'll still get at least some Galar Pokemon, especially the starters, but if they want him to represent Kanto with his team, I guess that they'll give him more popular Kanto Pokemon too. I just hope that he doesn't get a lot of fully evolved Pokemon right off the bat.

Last edited:
Maybe.

I feel like they are setting up Ash's team like they did with Brock and Misty in SM. They came back and mainly used Pokemon they were heavily associated with and known for and a couple of wildcards (well in Brock's case) to replace some Pokemon that had been released. So I think Ash will have Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Dragonite, and Mimey with Dragonite taking Pidgeot's original spot, and Mimey taking Butterfree's spot.

Last edited:
A part of me wonders if we might get another BW where he has more than six. Assuming Mimey wasn't just a temp half his party being from Kanto would be odd (though not really surprising) in a world-spanning series.
Yeah I feel like ash will get at least one new Pokémon from each region including galar

Yeah I feel like ash will get at least one new Pokémon from each region including galar
That would be a waste (except for a Galar representative) when he has reserves that were barely used to begin with. Maybe in Kalos' case a new capture would be fine since Goodra and Noivern would be quite redundant, but there aren't many popular choices left.

That would be a waste (except for a Galar representative) when he has reserves that were barely used to begin with. Maybe in Kalos' case a new capture would be fine since Goodra and Noivern would be quite redundant, but there aren't many popular choices left.

If they can waste a slot to give him Mr. Mime, regardless of whether or not it is temporary, then they can give Ash a Galar Pokemon. It would be nice to see Ash use his reserves, but I wouldn't put any money on that happening anytime soon. Plus, I'd just like to see some of the new Pokemon animated and get more screentime, so being caught by Ash would be a good way to go for that.

Honestly, I’m not sure to what degree we can really count Mr. Mime since he could possibly just be a temporary member as opposed to a full-time Pokémon. From here on out, anything can happen with Ash’s team.

Well, Mr. Mime was classfied as Ash's Pokemon by the official twitter and it seems to be a recurrent member of the cast.

So, I think Mr. Mime will be a full-time Pokemon for this season at least.

Well, Mr. Mime was classfied as Ash's Pokemon by the official twitter and it seems to be a recurrent member of the cast.

So, I think Mr. Mime will be a full-time Pokemon for this season at least.
And based on previous classifications, it apparently appeared too but the series didn’t reflect that going back to when it first appeared. Needless to say, they either just don’t care about the continuity of their own series or are just trying to cover their asses for what they know is an asspull. Either way, at that point, they prove themselves as an unreliable source especially when they don’t even bother to explain the plot hole and just try to sweep it under the rug.

And based on previous classifications, it apparently appeared too but the series didn’t reflect that going back to when it first appeared. Needless to say, they either just don’t care about the continuity of their own series or are just trying to cover their asses for what they know is an asspull. Either way, at that point, they prove themselves as an unreliable source especially when they don’t even bother to explain the plot hole and just try to sweep it under the rug.
Word of God trumps all else.

I’ve honestly learned to stop listening to word of God when it literally contradicts the very series they try to make statements for. Unless they’re willing to give supplemental details that explain away their plot hole, as far as I’m concerned, they’re not only insulting the intelligence of the viewer but covering their asses as well.

Sorry to interrupt but I think Mr. Mime being Ash’s all of a sudden is a case where Death to the Author can be applied (a lot like how people view anything JK Rowling wrote after the original seven Harry Potter books as non canon, especially on Twitter)

Carry on

Sorry to interrupt but I think Mr. Mime being Ash’s all of a sudden is a case where Death to the Author can be applied (a lot like how people view anything JK Rowling wrote after the original seven Harry Potter books as non canon, especially on Twitter)

Carry on

This is exactly how I view it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom