• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

I'm pretty sure the original DP plan was to have Ash win the league and face the E4 either losing to them or Cynthia. Ash could win Kalos and the next league but lose the Gen 8 one and I'd be ok. It truly matters how well he trains his team and if he uses older pokes like in Sinnoh. Not only did he have good Pokemon but he had better strategy which helps

If the writers know what they are doing, it is logical that he should either make it to the semifinals or win in the Kalos region due mostly in part to the ever closing gap between generational release dates. While I don't think they will ever come faster than two - three years apart, this closing gap makes it so they can't continuously rewrite the character as there isn't enough time to garner entire new generations of fans with such a limited time. It is likely that they will have to move away from Ash within the next three generations due in part to this as well. How I see them utilizing this time is to have him in Kalos lose in the semi-finals, win in the Generation after that but fail to beat the champion, and finally win against the champion in the 3rd generation from now while also having him play the mentor role in that generation in order to gently break in the new character.

At least that is what a writer that can see the tipping point would do. Though judging from what occurred in Best Wishes... it is likely they don't see this coming.

From the research I did, it seems that he's always in the top 4-16, so based on that, it doesn't seem likely, though it would be nice to finally see him win. I mean, the last time he won, all the way, was Orange Islands.

he might win... i have to agree with the charizard theory..since charizard was responsible for ash losing in his first league, he'll help him win the kalos league by mega-evolving... that will also show that the "bond" between them is strong cuz thats one of the conditions for mega evolution!!!! he'll win and become the champion of kalos .. and serena will be is future wife :)

I think it's unlikely, somehow. I'm beginning to think the whole point is to NOT have Ash win so he continues to learn (and/or subsiquently forget).

Well , so far it seems Ash should be higher then in Unova , not only because his team looks much more stronger so far , but he's more mature as a trainer as well .

He'll win the league when the Pokemon franchise calls it quits. So, no.

No. As many before for me have likely already stated, if Ash ever wins, then he has found his telos and there isn't ample room for character development. How can Ash strive to be the best...if he becomes the best anywhere? Such a development would lead me to believe either the Pokemon franchise will be concluding soon, or the writers are going to replace him with a new protagonist - both unlikely developments in the near term.

In other words, Ash winning a league and the show continuing as we know it are mutually exclusive. It's somewhat frustrating in terms of continuity, however, as it calls into question how much he has developed over time. Time in the Pokemon world is a completely different matter though... :uhoh:

10 forever, and ever, ever...

i think that he'll win the leauge using mega charizard..... dnt forget that he's actually thinking his battles through.. watch his second gym battle with grant.. (have you ever seen ash use DOUBLE TEAM before!!!) but he doesnt have enough experience to beat the champion Dianta (i hope the spelling's right :p) .. She nearly creamed Pikachu before they were interrupted by T.R.... not to mention that she can communicate with her Gardenvoir by eye contact alone... overall ash may win the league but not the whole thing...

Well , so far it seems Ash should be higher then in Unova , not only because his team looks much more stronger so far , but he's more mature as a trainer as well .

Because 4>10 everybody.

I don't think so. As of now, he still seems to have a bit of that Unova "flu," as I don't see him possessing the mentality he had in DP (in which he reached the farthest he ever has in a League). Not to mention, with the lack of a serious rival to push his training that much harder, I don't think Ash will do very well this time around. Sigh.

I'll be brutally honest.

...No. Ash won't win the League.

Frankly, I've given up on him winning any League during the previous series, where I ended up even hoping for him to lose, as sad as that sounds. I'm not going to delve into that matter, though.

Honestly, it seems that Ash losing the regional League has become a sort recurring theme, for whatever reason. I mean, it's not like he can't improve even further after winning a League. There will always be new challengers, new places, new Pokémon to discover. Maybe they're doing so to make it easier to "rinse and repeat" the formula, but I honestly think that they seriously need to shake it up a bit. If for whatever reason they will finally decide to let him win, then good. At least they will finally break the "League Curse".

Read the title and Lol'd, there's more chance of Pikachu digivolving into Articuno and coming out of the tv screen than Ash actually winning the league.

I think we will be back to the same old same old, Top 8/Top 4, then rinse and repeat in whatever gen 7 league.

To be honest, I'd want Ash to end this league as a runner-up, I hope the writers will have him use his reserves, and so far, Dawn is the only main character so far to finish as a runner-up in a big competition/tournament(excluding the Battle Clubs and the Junior Cup ofc, counting just GF/Pokemon League :x).

Plus, I hope in the Kalos League they'll will give the top 3 trainers a trophy or something(gold, silver, bronze, etc.)

Also, what even happened to the "Badge of Participation" trainers get after the league/conference is over?

Personally, I want Ash to win, but they probably won't let him. However, seeing how he's being competent as a trainer (not to mention all 4 of his pokemons being powerful as well) he might just get to be runner-up.

I've never understood why he can't win a league. His goal is to become the ultimate Pokémon master. For that, he'd need to capture one of every non-legendary (since legends seem to be world-endingly strong in the anime) AND he'd have to win every single league, because being the ultimate mean being better than all the others. As in, he could've gone the Yu-Gi-Oh route and have been largely undefeated. But no, he has to lose at every chance he gets. It's sad...

Winning does not mean he has everything he needs to leave the show, and I hope they don't keep him a loser until the end. And he definitely would still have to go to every new region to capture all the new Pokémon and beat every league. The fact that the dub acknowledges it in the first XY episode ("But I wanna win the league this time!") gives me hope, but I have no idea if he says that in the original Japanese. If he does, that means that the animators know it's time for Ash to win. Or at least get second place.

If he does, that means that the animators know it's time for Ash to win. Or at least get second place.

'The animators' do not decide the dialogue, the writer of the episode, the series director, and the chief series director do. 'The animators' exist to draw the animation.

Tomioka Atsuhiro has been the head writer since Diamond & Pearl. Given the storylines present in that series it's pretty clear Tomioka is interested in expanding on the League elements and having Satoshi be an experienced trainer, given he himself wrote nearly ever important episode of Diamond & Pearl, including nearly every single Shinji episode. Tomioka's first script for the franchise was for Episode #3 of the 1997 animated series, so he definitely isn't out of touch with the decisions made with regards to the storylines. Satoshi hasn't consistently lost the Leagues spontaneously as if it were some natural event that happens in our real lives. Satoshi has consistently lost the Leagues and been portrayed inconsistently to fulfill the whims of the cartoon's production committee members and producers. Tomioka was tremendously invested in making Diamond & Pearl, the series where Satoshi was a seasoned trainer and his rival was just as strong as his words, as good as it was.

If Tomioka had his way Satoshi probably would win a League. If Tomioka had his way we would probably learn more about the Champion Leagues. Unfortunately, Tomioka doesn't always get his way, like with Best Wishes. Luckily, Tomioka's increased attention to XY seems rather indicative that he is now allowed to have his way a little more. He probably wouldn't be writing Episodes #39-40 and #41 himself in such a short period of time if he wasn't.

Of course not. Ash can't have any super powerful pokemon like Iris because that would just ruin the show. A Krookodile with Outrage? Unheard of. It should have dragon claw instead. *end sarcasm*

My point is, he will never evolve his super power houses like Greninja or Serperior. Its just a joke for him to have them.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom