• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

As others have said, it'd be the end of the anime. This is the box that they've locked themselves into. What is surprising this time around is that he wasn't defeated by someone with übers (Sinnoh) or next-gen pokémon (Johto), but by someone more scatterbrained than him.

I don't think he'll win.

After DP and seeing Satoshi get top 4, I did believe he'd never get a worse ranking. Tie in Isshu and then *maybe* get top 2 for the next region.

Turned out to be dead wrong. The writers have shown they don't mind him getting a worse rank than before so they can have him in endless leagues.

Actually, I would be okay with just a second place this time, it's still better than what he has achieved so far, but doesn't mean that he has reached his goal yet. Besides, achieving his goals will probably lead to the end of the Anime (which will most likely exist as long as new games get released).

Lily of the Valley is important not because it proves that ash has the capability of winning a league (which he did) but that there is nothing the writers won't stoop to to make sure it doesn't happen.

He has the same amount of a chance as winning as this familiar character becoming the next travelling companion for Ash
Shizuka-ep144-12.jpg

No, he won't. This unfortunate cycle is never going to end. It's just so sad...poor, poor Ash/Satoshi...it's very hard to see what he is now. T_T

I have a feeling we'll be aced by someone that has nothing but Mega forms. It would be just as bad as Tobias.

Whoever thinks Ash is ever gonna win a major league needs some serious mental treatment. XD Just kidding, but still I don't really think Ash is ever gonna win a league. =/

Last edited:
Let's face it: If Ash ever gets to win a league, that would most likely be the end of the Anime. I know, it sounds a bit cynical but if I count bet money on Ash not winning the next league, I would do it immediately!

Honestly, I think no. Ash probably won't win a League anytime soon, as that seems to be one of his goals--if he wins a League title, will he really want to continue with his journey?

Me, I could see that as the absolute ending of the show: Ash goes up against a Champion and gets an epic win, so he decides he's become a Master and retires. But that's just me thinking out loud.
il miss ash
maybe he gets married and his osn or daughter goe to region 7

Let's face it: If Ash ever gets to win a league, that would most likely be the end of the Anime. I know, it sounds a bit cynical but if I count bet money on Ash not winning the next league, I would do it immediately!

Do I need to keep explaining that there are ways for Ash to continue journeying even after winning a league? I did explain so earlier in this thread.

Haha, good joke guys...

Though I agree with the point winning a league doesn't mean it's the end of the anime. There are ways to continue with Ash still as the main character. But it's not like the writers care.

Seriously, why anyone would watch Ash challenging gyms and going through all the motions while pretty much knowing he's eventually going to lose in the league is beyond me. Unless they're holding out a small glimmer of hope every single time...

Last edited:
he can win this time we have hope 9 remebers paul vs ash epicness )

Do I need to keep explaining that there are ways for Ash to continue journeying even after winning a league? I did explain so earlier in this thread.

In my eyes that wouldn't be a good thing to do. Look, you're right that there are always alternative ways for Ash to continue his journey but what would be the point of that?
It was established right at the beginning of the Pokemon Anime that Ash's goal is to win a league and then become "the very best". So granted that happens, the audience expects Ash to enter the Champion League and challenge Cynthia some day (Forget it, Ash, you won't stand any chance). So, if the writers simply have him travel around after he has won a league, many viewers would be very upset and as a logical consequence the show would probably lose much of its audience.

Sure everything is possible, but I can't imagine the writers doing something that crazy

In my eyes that wouldn't be a good thing to do. Look, you're right that there are always alternative ways for Ash to continue his journey but what would be the point of that?
It was established right at the beginning of the Pokemon Anime that Ash's goal is to win a league and then become "the very best". So granted that happens, the audience expects Ash to enter the Champion League and challenge Cynthia some day (Forget it, Ash, you won't stand any chance). So, if the writers simply have him travel around after he has won a league, many viewers would be very upset and as a logical consequence the show would probably lose much of its audience.

Sure everything is possible, but I can't imagine the writers doing something that crazy
We do not exactly know what Pokemon Master is. Ash maybe has to win every single league to bcome a master or something like that. So there are still ways to continue after Ash winning a league.

Viewers are already upset at Ash always being an also-ran. Breaking out of this rut and changing the character dynamics the way I've repeatedly suggested may be a chance worth taking, as it would give the anime new life and get rid of the stale repetition.

That's a big fat no on my part, if any chances of him winning the league it should have been the D / P league, he may get higher than he did last time at least though. Hopefully the writers do a better job with this one than the last one.

~ NOPE ~

But I really don't care as long as the League itself is enjoyable.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom