• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash x Bea be a prominent ship in Journeys?

KrspaceT

Reaction score
...Been wondering this for a hot minute.

You can't avoid shipping. Normally in Pokemon you can follow shipping down certain roads. Female companions get a ton of it, male rivals, sometimes the male companion (or at least Clemont).

So far with the cast a lot of the most common shipping routes are absent or blocked. Chloe is certainly not going to magnetize ships the way Mallow, the least close to Ash of the three Alola girls IMO, did, and while I am seeing some Ash x Goh ships he may have some....traction issues.

Then you have Bea. Bea is popular. Bea is supposed to be 'the rival'. She has a distinct feel to say, Paul/Gary/Trip or past girls. She could probably be treated like some aloof tsundere by shippers. And since shippers are among the many who ignore Ash=10 age is not going to stop them.

....I'd have to get my own take on if this is a good or a bad thing after a few more Bea episodes, but will it be a thing in general? Or is it going to be something that isn't really a big thing like, say, Shalourshipping, despite some reason to believe it would be big.

I doubt it.

Bea seems a lot older than Ash.

But since we're on the Topic of shipping I suppose it is worth mentioning that Koharu's VA Kana Hanazawa said something about her relationship with Gou in a recent Animedia Magazine

It could just be a mistranslation so take this with a grain of salt.

Apparently Koharu Loves Gou but she's too Embarrassed by it :oops:

Apparently the Love part is translated correctly but people are in confusion about whether Kana meant Platonically or Romantically?

Probably Platonically but Shippers gonna be Shippers

Apart from Rocketshipping (natch), the only ship I’ve seen with any prominence this series is Satoshi x Go, which seems to have plenty of traction...

I guess this ship is also possible but whereas in previous sagas a Satoshi x girl pairing was almost mandatory, the world seems to have moved forward enough that a non-straight ship can be truly mainstream. Unless they have much more interaction, and some chemistry onscreen, I’m not sure I see this overtaking the Go one.

Apart from Rocketshipping (natch), the only ship I’ve seen with any prominence this series is Satoshi x Go, which seems to have plenty of traction...

I guess this ship is also possible but whereas in previous sagas a Satoshi x girl pairing was almost mandatory, the world seems to have moved forward enough that a non-straight ship can be truly mainstream. Unless they have much more interaction, and some chemistry onscreen, I’m not sure I see this overtaking the Go one.

Back when XY was airing, I think Ash x Clemont was also quite popular on Pixiv. On the other hand, there wasn't as much Ash x Sophocles or Ash x Kiawe during SM.

Of course, now there is pretty much nothing but Ash x Go on Pixiv when it comes to Pokeani fanart. Heck, I thinks there might be more Ash x Go fanart than for Ash x Gary, which might have been the most popular non-straight Ash shipping before the current series.

Edit: Ok, so the number of fanart for each shipping is different than what I thought they might be.

For prominent non-straight Ash ships (as in more than 100 pieces of art, sorry to all you Tracey, Barry, Trip, Kiawe, or Sophocles fans), these are the number of Pixiv fanart for each category as of 12/29/2020

Satoshige/Shigesato - 2095 (Gary)
Saroshin/Shinsato - 868 (Paul)
Satoden/Densato - 705 (Cilan)
Satogo/Gosato - 514 (Go)
Satotake/Takesato - 275 (Brock)
Satoshito/Shitosato - 217 (Clemont)

So for the short time Go has been on the anime, he has actually garnered quite the fanbase who are fond of shipping him with Ash. He has surpassed Brock and Clemont combined, and will probably surpass Cilan and Paul by the time Journeys has finished airing.

Of course, no non-straight Ash shipping would ever come close to Gary.

Last edited:
Dude, she's only been in 2 episodes. She and Ash have interacted a good bit between the 2, but not enough to fuel a ship. (more like a toy paper boat...)

Has there been a PWC episode recently?

Nothing major. Though it's being speculated that there will be a PWC battle with the Gurdurr trainer in PM51. (I give it two minutes, tops...-_-)

And a lot of people are thinking the battle with Wikstrom will PWC

I agreed with the other posters. Bea looks considerably older and more mature than Ash, besides that she has, until now, very little presence in the series (2 episodes). While Bea seems to be a very interesting characther, I really doubt this Pokéship will be relevant.

Probably, the prominent Pokéship will be Goh x Ash or koharu x Ash/Goh, if the girl becomes definitively integrated into the group.

Last edited:
I agree Actually. I don't wanna see Bea with Ash either.

She can be more like a big sister imo. But not a love interest
Yeah, Agreed I Don't Like Ships That Ship People That Are Way Older Than Them

there wasn't as much Ash x Sophocles or Ash x Kiawe during SM.
Ash x Sophocles??? That's In The Top 10 Worst Ships For Me:sick::sick:

I'm amazed no one is remembering the 'shippers will ignore Ash=10' like a lot of fans do. The show may not actively do shipping stuff but when does that stop shippers?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom