• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash's Charizard Mega Evolve?

Will Ash's Charizard Return To Mega Evolve?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Now I’m not just going to talk trash about Charizard’s B/W anime appearance for nothing but hear me out.

Let me ask; was I the only one disappointed by Charizard’s role in the series?

I mean the episode where Ash tells his friends about Charizard and that battle with Iris’ Dragonite is probably one of if not my favorite Unova Saga episode!

Each time it returned to Ash's team from the Valley of Charizard where it trained it had a new move;

• Dragonbreath
  • Steel Wing
  • Overheat

With Flamethrower of course being its "trademark" attack similar to Pikachu's Thunderbolt

However...

When it returned in Unova all but Flamethrower was replaced

Even its "signature" Seismic Toss was no more!!

Kind of like Pikachu's Volt Tackle it was substituted for a move that doesn't compare with its other moves;

Wing Attack
Slash
Dragon Tail

Interesting though considering the Fire/Dragon Mega Evolution of Charizard's special ability increases the power of direct contact moves, the new form also raises Attack power and Dragon Tail will get STAB damage from Mega X Charizard with the Dragon-type!

Coincidence????

I mean all 3 of these moves fit that bill of being direct contact moves...just saying...

Considering it didn't really do anything aside from battle Iris' Dragonite a lot of fans were hoping for the inevitable showdown between Charizard and Resihram!

Even the opening sequence had that "battle" going on but no...we got jack squat

Charizard is at Oak's Lab maybe we might see Charizard called to the new region for a little Mega Evolution!

When I say the FIRST Mega form for Charizard I was pumped but then realized that aside from Wing Attack's STAB from Charizard's Flying typing and Flamethrower getting STAB, an increase from Mega Y Charizard's boost in Sp. Attack along with a power up from Drought's Sunny Day powers that was about it

Though with the new form introduced we might see that form of Charizard!

What do you think will Ash's Charizard return to his lineup at some point in the X/Y series to Mega evolve?

If so which form do you think it will Mega evolve into?

Or will it evolve into both?!?!

At different times of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom