• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Cassidy & Butch appear soon?

PTOldMan

Reaction score
Do you think they will? Among the "old characters", they are the ones who appear at least once every region, even if just in fantasy form (I'm thinking about Hoenn, though they had a lot of Chronicles episodes back then). Do you think this trend will go on now in Unova? One may think that the answer is positive, due to the fact that Team Rocket as an organization is more important now, but we may also think that they won't appear because of the fact that their latest appearances had them as goofy as Jessie, James and Meowth, so it would be strange if they appeared (even if they could also have a reboot, as JJM did - though I believe it would be impossible for Jessie to ignore their rivalry).

What do you think?

I just don't think they fit into the show anymore, so no, not this series. The anime seems to prefer introducing new serious characters rather than make old ones more serious. They'll possibly appear in the Gen 6 anime, but I'd prefer never to see them again.

What Musa said. They're not really relevant anymore, and they don't really add anything to the show aside from being rivals to Jessie and James. Our TRio don't need rivals at this stage in the story, and I think we on't need Bitch and Cassidy in the show at this stage in the story.

Last edited:
Out of any other multi-generation reccuring characters, I think their appearance will be the least important, I think if they were to bring back them instead of someone like misty it would probably be a wrong move. Of course I would love to see the back in the rocket orginisation, every time they have appeared it has been exciting.

I don't see it happening with the way TR are now, but I'd actually love to see them again.

Butch and Cassidy were both hilarious characters that I really took a liking to, especially when they were fighting with Jessie and James. That Hippowdon episode back in the DP saga was one of the few fillers that I actually liked in DP due to the two of them fighting with Jessie and James. :')

Seeing them appear now would only be random, and there's really no need for that at this point in the story.

Considering they've popped up an episode a series, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And heck, if the Trio can go from being the Three Stooges of Evil to being all slick and badass, I don't see why B&C can't reclaim their former glory that made their appearences the Highlight of the OS ("Pikachu Re-Volts" is the only Orange Islands episode I actually like). They and the Trio should FINALLY team up for the glory of Team Rocket (they all could've shown those knights how REAL PokeVillains do it if things hadn't been shot to hell).

And since Team Rocket's "Greatest Plot Ever" is coming up, we could use some extra hands... ;-)

...they just better leave Noxious Namba back in Kanto (and cut his cellphone plan)

Last edited:
How ironic if that DP filler they were in turns out to be their final appearance in the series. I always thought their one DP appearance was pretty random too.

I don't think we'll see them again.

I really want Butch/Cassidy to return. James/Jessie are in the Anime since when it started and are still there. They make this Anime awesome. But I also want to see more of Team Rocket, with other members who previously appeared (Butch, Cassidy, Domino, Oakley, Annie, etc.) I want to see their reaction to James/Jessie's "success." They can even be contributing to Rocket's plans to overthrow Plasma. Their rpesence would work in so smoothly with the current arc. I'm pissed off Butch was replaced by Stephan with the wrong-name stuff. This was better when everyone got Butch's name wrong. XD Stephan sucks.

It's possible that they could considering that they've appeared in every other series at least once, but I'd really prefer it if they didn't. I also don't think that they could fit into the BW series, especially when I don't think it's necessary for the trio to have rivals at this point. Plus, they weren't that entertaining for me once they stopped being the anit-Team Rocket trio and basically became jokes themselves. If they did appear, it would only bring in more forgetting name jokes with Butch and Dr. Namba and I think that this series has enough of that gag with Stephan. I would be fine with not seeing Butch and Cassidy in this or any future series to be perfectly honest.

my opninion is that they may very well appear in best wishes at some point considering how random thier later appearances are.

I don't see how they would fit in much since they were usually there to show how pathetic Jessie, James, and Meowth were. If they do appear I would like to see them and Namba defected from TR and now rivals to the whole organization, maybe with Plasma. Either way I don't mind if they appear or not.

I'm indifferent, tbh. It was funny to see Jessie and James bicker with them in older episodes, but I don't think that'd happen this time. There's no point in bringing them back now, though, I guess they could just make up a BS reason.

I don't know.

Botch-I mean Butch and Cassidy are great and enjoyable characters, including on the earlier episodes, but they may not appear. I wouldn't be suprised if they did not appear this time.

I don't think it's impossible for them never to appear! In fact, the past two BW 2 episodes that have aired have featured random mentionings and flashbacks of Brock, and Cynthia and Dawn are back. I was pretty sure the writers were never going to bring in any of the old characters again, but now, I'm not so sure. I would love for them to come back, though! Like many of you said, they would be great in assisting Giovanni with whatever huge plan he has up his sleeve. They have a pretty good team of Pokemon, too (if anything, it would make more sense for them to be featured in BW2 because of all the previous-Gen. pokemon)!

My honest opinion is that we all lost faith in any recurring characters to return after watching an unexciting 84 episodes of bw season 1. Now more recurring characters are appearing more people have faith in the anime creating some good plots, and I think there will be some oppertunities for Butch and Cassidy.

Although in a personal view, I think they would have to have a massive plot for the writers to bother bringing them back, because if the plot is average and similar to others, there is just no point...

There's no point to bring them back because they don't fit in with the new TR. I wouldn't be surprised if they never appear in the series ever again.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom