• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Cynthia and Looker appear in Best Wishes too?

I'd like to see Cynthia show up in Black and White for the sole purpose of just having an episode or two of interaction with Ash, honestly. I was a little disappointed that we never got to see her and Ash chat after he beat the pants off of Paul and lost to Takuto. She professes to believe that he'll win his way up to the Champion League some day and I'm interested in seeing what she has to say to Ash as words of wisdom and encouragement.

A Belle versus Cynthia match would be a dream come true, but it seems sadly unlikely.

Argh, I wished I had never created this thread!!

What is all that "Cynthia will lose to Belle and Bell has potential" drivel about?
We know nothing about that damn Belle except for her Pokemon and all we can say is that Belle has absolutely nothing but shit! Look at her Pokemon: That ugly dog, the boring grass monkey and that pathetic Munna evolution, all at level 66. Do you want me to further elaborate on how terribly low their stats are?
The only promising Pokemon she has is the Fire Starter-evolution at level 70. And no matter from what perspective (aesthetics, stats etc.) you look at it, Infernape alone is still better than that fat pig...

Now, let's compare Belle's Pokemon to Cynthia's Isshu team: All of Cynthia's Pokemon are at least at level 75, with Garchomp being even stronger (level 77).

These are the facts, and it's all we know so far. So how in the world can you think about the possibility that Cynthia's title might be in danger?
I tell you: It's nothing but speculation void of any evidence. It's more than obvious that some users just want to tease the Cynthia fans among us, but it won't work ;)

btw. serebii wrote:
"Sinnoh Champion Cynthia is battleable in this game after defeating the Elite Four..."
Not only are any assumptions wrong that she could maybe lose her title, it's basically confirmed that she IS still the Champion.

And when in the last D/P episode the announcer wondered if there was anybody who was able to win against Cynthia, then Ash said "He's here!" which clearly indicated that Cynthia will be the Champion until that very last Pokemon episode in which Ash will probably take over

Last edited:
Numeric levels? Please, the animé doesn't bother with that...

And when in the last D/P episode the announcer wondered if there was anybody who was able to win against Cynthia, then Ash said "He's here!" which clearly indicated that Cynthia will be the Champion until that very last Pokemon episode in which Ash will probably take over

Well, I doubt we will ever see Ash and Cynthia truly battle. It was just a line to show that Ash won't stop his journey anytime soon. Though I will say, that a battle between Cynthia and an aged Ash with everyone of his friends watching it via TV, would be pretty epic.

Yeah, I know exactly, what you mean!
If something is as perfect as Cynthia, you want to protect it and you only want it to appear for very special purposes. Yeah, it's kind of a two-edged sword:
I'd love to see her again, but on the other hand I also want her to keep her absolutely superior, almost supernatural and untouchable status

You are a disgrace to Cynthia and other fans of her. :mallet:

anyways. I saw Looker in a BW game screenshot. *_____*

Also a Belle v Cynthia battle (Belle would definitely win) would also be really interesting.

Why would Belle win against an unbeatable champion? Gary is the anime counterpart of Blue. And you know what? Gary lost to Ash! So I think Belle will just be another character to be beaten by Ash.

Numeric levels? Please, the animé doesn't bother with that...

I think Brock often mentions that some Pokémon are at higher levels than Ash's.

Last edited:
1. Belle won't beat Cynthia. I just don't belive in such nonsense. The one who will beat her is Ash. From the end of the last episode I think we found first goal of Ash before becoming Pokemon Master.

2. I don't believe Bel will be a champion in anime. Yes in game she will be the first champion. But in anime I don't think so. I even think that she will be a one day character as Cheren. This is my point.

P.S. I can't even imagine that such strange girl like Bel can beat Cynthia who has a great experience and power too. I will be very, very dissappointed if they make Bel win over Cynthia. First of all they showing us how Cynthia is great and strong and then they bring us an ordinary girl, make her Champion in Isshu and then beat Cynthia? I won't ever believe in such nonsense.

For me there are two outstanding trainers in anime: Brandon and Cynthia.

P.S. I can't even imagine that such strange girl like Bel can beat Cynthia who has a great experience and power too. I will be very, very dissappointed if they make Bel win over Cynthia. First of all they showing us how Cynthia is great and strong and then they bring us an ordinary girl, make her Champion in Isshu and then beat Cynthia? I won't ever believe in such nonsense.
Yeah, Cynthia is such a strong trainer that even Palmer, who is supposed to be stronger than Cynthia in the games, cannot beat her. Why would a character like Belle, who is another Blue (Gary game counterpart), beat Cynthia?

I want to see some random character reappear! like the cabbage man in the Last Airbender :))

Both Bel and Cynthia are champions though. Based purely on that fact, they're on equal playing ground. If Bel appears, I don't doubt that there are two ways for them to take her character.

A) Bel is depicted as a beginning trainer, like Shooti, and competes against Ash in the league tournament.

B) Bel is the champion instead and she, like Cynthia, is portrayed as being extremely strong despite her quirks.

I'm not really sure I care which it is. In the past, we've seen an improvement in how they've treated the Champions. Gary was an exception rather than the rule and it seems impractical to say that because they opted not to make Gary the Champion during Kanto that Bel won't be a champion or a strong champion. Anyway, there's a lot of people that seem to have this picture of Cynthia as a completely unbeatable trainer except to Ash, which seems super weird.

Anyway, there's a lot of people that seem to have this picture of Cynthia as a completely unbeatable trainer except to Ash, which seems super weird.

Do you know that Flint, Aaron, Lucian and Palmer all failed to defeat Cynthia and Cynthia crushed Paul easily with only Garchomp? I won't be surprised if Cynthia is the key to Ash's road of becoming a Pokémon Master.

And it's also weird that people think Belle can defeat Cynthia when Gary, who share the same storyline in the games with Belle, got defeated by Ash. So there is a fair chance that Belle will just be another trainer to be beaten by Ash in the League.

Last edited:
Gary was never a Champion in the anime... also, the anime sticks much closer to the games nowdays, so if Bell appears, she'd probably be as similar as possible to her game self, unlike Gary...

i REALLLY hope ash will battle cynthia, like really give him some glory, he should have won sinnoh and they showed ash pretening it was him battling cynthia as flint, maybe he will get his wish at the end of BW and battle cynthia and like we saw in his imagination it comes down to her garchomp and his ape like it was for her and flint (even though i dont think it was her last poke), plus i think cynthia wants to battle ash because she knows he special from the events that happened to him, ect....

Argh, I wished I had never created this thread!!

Yeah.You shouldn't make a discussion topic if you want to avoid discussions.

Do you know that Flint, Aaron, Lucian and Palmer all failed to defeat Cynthia and

You make it sound as if those were one-sided battles.The gap between Flint and Cynthia isn't long.As proven by their last fight,they were fighting on almost equal levels.Cynthia isn't unbeatable,nor is she above any other Champion(This includes Lance,Steven and yes,Belle)

Cynthia crushed Paul easily with only Garchomp? I won't be surprised if Cynthia is the key to Ash road of becoming a Pokémon Master.

Any other E4 memeber from any region could have crushed Paul.It isnt special at all that a veteran manages to destroy a begginer(Paul and Ash may have some experience,but they ar pale in comparation to the Elites,who have been training all their lifes)

And it's also weird that people think Belle can defeat Cynthia when Gary, who share the same storyline in the games with Belle, got defeated by Ash. So there is a fair chance that Belle will just be another trainer to be beaten by Ash in the League.

As piplup said,you cant compare what happened once and call it a "rule" now.Hey!Ash didnt evolve Bullbasaur back in the day,so that means every grass starter wont ever evolve now!!.Is stupid,making rules or patterns based on what happened in past has proven to be useless countless times.

Also,Ash and Gary started their journey the same day.So of course they are on equal ground.

Well it seems that Looker is involved in finding the Seven Sages. Will the sages be a part of the Team Plasma plot in the anime or will it be forgotten like the Cheren part of the storyline?

Because if they are a part of the Team Plasma plot in the anime, maybe we'll see Looker again to help Ash, Iris, and Dento.

I think it'd be interesting to see Cynthia again. I don't know in what circumstances but I admit, it would be pretty cool to see Ash finally go up against her. But if that happens it'll be a short 1 vs. 1 battle where Ash would lose or if the writers actually let Ash have a 6 vs. 6 battle, I think it'd be towards the end of BW. We'll see.

It's interesting to see that characters we've seen before are still a part of the new games. Even Caitlin of the E4.

Speaking of Caitlin, who else wants to see Darach with her in the anime if she gets one of those E4 apperances? Frontier Brain and E4 member in the same episode...that'd be sweet imo.

Cynthia in BW, is epic win! I personally love Cynthia, and she is actually is one of my favorite characters. Even though I'm a guy, it is so nice to finally see a female dominate, I hope she didn't lose to Takuto.

I'd love for her to return to find out about that, and have a battle.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom