• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Cynthia and Looker appear in Best Wishes too?

Yeah.You shouldn't make a discussion topic if you want to avoid discussions.

No, dude, I like discussion, otherwise I wouldn't be here, would I? ;)
What angers me is the fact that just because B/W has just been released, everybody seems psyched and pumped up and is declaring Belle the new superstar.
Sure, we can look forward to brand new games, but it's stupid to make all kinds of strange and unfounded assumptions ("Belle will win against Cynthia...") just because currently there's a general Belle and B/W-hype. Everything seems awesome and promising and great and whatsoever as long as it is new.
But being true fans, we better stick to those characters who have proven themselves capable and worthy and not follow each and every hype like those thousands of kiddies out there.

You make it sound as if those were one-sided battles.The gap between Flint and Cynthia isn't long.As proven by their last fight,they were fighting on almost equal levels.Cynthia isn't unbeatable,nor is she above any other Champion(This includes Lance,Steven and yes,Belle)
the gap "isn't long"? Are you KIDDING me?
All Infernape could do was to hit Garchomp with 2(!!) Close Combat attacks which didn't impress or harm Garchomp in the least bit. (and yes, I watched the battle as closely as possible) Infernape, however, was under constant and heavy attack, was basically defending himself ALL the time and was even seen crash on the arena floor.
Sure, as Cynthia is not expected to OHKO even the Elite Four, the battle had to go on for some time, but at no time did both battlers fight on the same level.
Cynthia had the upper hand throughout the match. It was just due to Infernape being obviously trained very well for this battle that the fire monkey didn't faint sooner

Gary was never a Champion in the anime...

That is my point. I don't think Belle will be champion in the anime. Not to mention the fact that she is supposed to be 10 yrs old unlike Cynthia.

(Paul and Ash may have some experience,but they ar pale in comparation to the Elites,who have been training all their lifes)Also,Ash and Gary started their journey the same day.So of course they are on equal ground.

So you expect Belle to be a veteran (if that is the case, they would have to make a completely new design for her i.e. an older version) instead of a rookie or someone who is more or less the same level with Ash?

So you expect Belle to be a veteran (if that is the case, they would have to make a completely new design for her i.e. an older version) instead of a rookie or someone who is more or less the same level with Ash?
You hit the nail on the head!
Those folks who assert that the reason why the Elite Four are so strong is because they've trained all their lives, must also confess that logically Belle can't be a champion then, as she must be around the same age as the other protagonists (Ash and co). And as we all know, the writers still want us to believe that Ash has obviously found the recipe for everlasting youth and is still 10 years old.

So Belle being champion...I heard that might be a mistake now since the first time you go up against the E4 you have to deal with N and Geechisu iirc.

The real Isshu champion is Adeku.

With that said, I hope we see him in the anime. Cynthia's cool and all but Adeku looks pretty awesome as well. Maybe we could see both sometime in the future?

Yeah after reading all those reports on serebii and pokebeach, I've been wondering if that piece of information regarding Belle's status as champion is right in the first place.
After battling the Elite Four you have to deal with N, and I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned a battle with Belle.
After beating N, will you have the chance to challenge Adeku? It's all still a bit unclear, especially since serebii is no longer allowed to post pictures and news.
But having two champions doesn't make sense anyways. Most kids stop playing after defeating the Elite Four and the champion. So why would you have to challenge them again in order to complete the game?
If I understand the information on various websites correctly, the game is basically over after you defeated N.

People who don't want BW game spoilers should not read this post and actually shouldn't read any of this thread's posts, lots of spoilers are said here... better get out of this thread now if you don't want game spoilers

That is my point.

Way to ignore the rest of my post

I don't think Belle will be champion in the anime.

Apparently it's not confirmed she's really a champ in the games and sadly it doesn't look like she is... but I still hope she is... I'm waiting for Serebii/WPM to finally reach the champ battle to find out

Not to mention the fact that she is supposed to be 10 yrs old unlike Cynthia.

What??? 10 years old??? where did that come from?
Officially, the player characters of BW are older than the previous games player characters (there's no exact age, but they officially said they're older, seem to be around 16-17 to me)
This means Bell and Cheren, as childhood friends of the player, are around the same age too
Also, just because she's younger, doesn't mean she's weaker or cant' be a champ

Most kids

QC realized Pokémon's target audience is kids? OMG!

stop playing after defeating the Elite Four and the champion. So why would you have to challenge them again in order to complete the game?

Why not? With the same logic, you can say they shouldn't bother giving new teams to the E4 after the first time you beat them, yet they did that in previous games
Also, it's not really "completing the game", Pokémon games never have a true ending, what ends is only the plot, which this time, as you said yourself, isn't related to the League at all, but to N and Team Plasma

also, the anime sticks much closer to the games nowdays, so if Bell appears, she'd probably be as similar as possible to her game self, unlike Gary...

So they should stick to the fact that she is young and inexperienced. The anime doesn't like the games after all. In the games you can easily be the champion. It is not the case in the anime. Otherwise, Ash should have been the champion back in the Indigo League.

What??? 10 years old??? where did that come from?
Officially, the player characters of BW are older than the previous games player characters (there's no exact age, but they officially said they're older, seem to be around 16-17 to me)
This means Bell and Cheren, as childhood friends of the player, are around the same age too
10 yrs old or not, Belle is still a trainer like Paul, Ash, Barry who started out not long time ago. I doubt they would make an older version of Belle in the anime. Starts out at 16-17 yrs old doesn't mean she will be more experienced than those who start out at 10 yrs old.
Also, just because she's younger, doesn't mean she's weaker or cant' be a champ

Older means more experienced unless they started out at a high age.

Yeah after reading all those reports on serebii and pokebeach, I've been wondering if that piece of information regarding Belle's status as champion is right in the first place.
After battling the Elite Four you have to deal with N, and I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned a battle with Belle.
After beating N, will you have the chance to challenge Adeku? It's all still a bit unclear, especially since serebii is no longer allowed to post pictures and news.
But having two champions doesn't make sense anyways. Most kids stop playing after defeating the Elite Four and the champion. So why would you have to challenge them again in order to complete the game?
If I understand the information on various websites correctly, the game is basically over after you defeated N.

I think it goes: beat the E4 (4 pokemon) -> N -> End of Pre-national dex

Then once the whole plot is resolved and you get the national dex, you can beat the E4 in its entirety where it goes like this:
E4 (6 pokemon) -> Adeku

So you can challenge them again to battle them all out considering the first time was interrupted by N/the E4 only had four pokemon on them/you don't face the champion. And the game isn't exactly over, more hidden places and other stuff are accessible after the first E4 battle so while the plot of the game is over, there are much more things to do in the game like getting Hihidaruma Daruma mode, legendaries, the fire/bug in a cave, finding the sages, etc.

You don't even get all the HM's until after the first E4 iirc.

Anyway, speaking of N, Team Plasma, and the sages, I think Looker could show up again to help Ash, Iris, and Dento beat Team Plasma. I personally think it'd be cool to see him. As for Cynthia, well I think Adeku deserves to be shown more with the Team Plasma issues and all since he's the Isshu champ. Although I would not mind seeing Cynthia once more in the future. I mean it'd be interesting to see Ash finally battle her although at this point, I think a battle with Adeku is more appropriate for the region.

Sadly, Bell is NOT the Champion, that was a lie... oh well, she's still awesome! and she'll obviously beat Cynthia anyway!
Adeku looks cool, I sure hope to see him as much as we saw Cynthia, or even more!

Sadly, Bell is NOT the Champion, that was a lie... oh well, she's still awesome! and she'll obviously beat Cynthia anyway!
Adeku looks cool, I sure hope to see him as much as we saw Cynthia, or even more!
Considering how big of a role the Gym Leaders and E4 play in the games, they'd need to be crazy to not give them as much, or more, screentime in the anime.

Considering how big of a role the Gym Leaders and E4 play in the games, they'd need to be crazy to not give them as much, or more, screentime in the anime.

Yeah, I totally love how each and every one of the game characters serves a purpose - no one is there for no reason
Cheren and Bell appear and battle you a lot, they also get involved with the Team Plasma plot, N gets lots of focus and give us an awesome story, Gym Leaders and Elite Four appear through the game and do stuff to help with the plot problems, Looker returning from past games to deal with the new "evil team", the Champion appears through the game and gets involved with the stories of both Cheren and N, Araragi also seems to appear a lot... just awesome!

I really hope N is in the anime... well, he pretty much HAS to be there since he's heavily involved in the Plasma plot... unless the anime completely drops Plasma and instead focus on Rocket, which I'll hate them forever if they do that (well, ok, I'll still love it... but I'll be disappointed)
Cheren and Bell should also appear as rivals to Ash and get involved in the plot too... and I still have little hope to see White
Also, the DP series already gave good focus to the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members - so now that they play bigger role in games, BW series should focus on them even more than DP did

Yeah, got a little off topic, but the games are so awesome! So far the anime looks awesome too, I just want at least confirmation that N will be there...

I'm really hoping for N to make an appearance too. So far, all of the villains in the anime have been pretty abusive towards Pokemon and our main characters have dealt with that in the typical manner. I'm curious as to how Ash would react to N though since their ideals match more closely - especially with the whole Pokemon being friends bit. Seems like a chance for some interesting character development if you ask me.

I hope I don't get castrated for this, but...
I would actually love for Cynthia to appear in the anime. I'm very much a nostalgia/continuity fan, so if she were to appear, I wouldn't mind plus, it might be an excuse to bring up Paul again.

I have not really read up on the BW spoilers, so I don't know exactly what type of role she plays in the plot.

Honestly, I don't understand why some people are claiming that Bel (Belle? Bell? Beru? arrrgghh idk) could beat Cynthia. She's a fairly fresh champion, while Cynthia probably has been reigning .for some time now (though, I suppose it's not confirmed so anything could happen)

What I think would be even greater though, is if Ash or Paul were seen battling Cynthia to get a championship title (as alluded in the last episode). The fact that Flint has gotten pretty close may be in indication that this victory is quite possible...

Oh, looker? Yeah, that guy...I don't really care ^^;

They better show us how Cynthia beat Takuto in BW to show her perfectness as a Champion!
In my opinion, they're setting themselves up to dethrone her.

During the last episode of D/P, they showed that battle between her and Flint, and when she beat him, the announcer said "Where is the person who can defeat her?" or something along those lines. I can see Takuto beating her.

Which, in turn, will give her and Ash a bit of something they can relate to.

I'm really hoping for N to make an appearance too. So far, all of the villains in the anime have been pretty abusive towards Pokemon and our main characters have dealt with that in the typical manner. I'm curious as to how Ash would react to N though since their ideals match more closely - especially with the whole Pokemon being friends bit. Seems like a chance for some interesting character development if you ask me.
I want the strong N to make an appearance. Not the early N in the game where he has low level Pokemon.

He could be a possibility for the Isshu league though. But that might mean Ash would get creamed yet again. :spin:

Last edited:
I want the strong N to make an appearance. Not the early N in the game where he has low level Pokemon.

He could be a possibility for the Isshu league though. But that might mean Ash would get creamed yet again. :spin:
He could do... the thing he does in the game mid-League and put it on hold. :eek: That'd be awesome.

And it only just hit me that Isshu could very well be Cynthia's home region. When she visits your villa in Platinum, she says that her house is in another region. And she's in Isshu during Spring and Summer, probably on a vacation. But I was probably slow on picking that up. xD

I really hope Cynthia returns in BW like she does in the games. She's the best champion ever and I get the feeling Nintendo/Game Freak must really like Cynthia if they....

1. First make her the strongest champion.
2. Next give her major roles in the game and anime. And her role in the anime was much greater than that of Lance, Steven, or Wallace. She had a few TV battles with Lucian, Aaron, and Flint, her battle with Paul and somehow affecting his harsh ways, helped with Team Galactic, and was actually present for the league and gave Takuto the trophy.
3. Bring her back in HG/SS for the Arceus event.
4. Lastly they bring her back in Black and White allowing you to have a battle with her.

I would love it if my favorite characters from DPP series made an appearance in BW. Though as far I know, I thought meeting/battling Cynthia was a post-E4/post-main story deal, and I'm of the opinion that much like how the anime didn't do the Stark Mountain sideplot, I'm not sure if BW will. Though there have been times where I have been wrong before with how the anime works out, so there is a chance, but at this time, I'm going with no.

As for Looker, same deal.

I think it would be cool if Cynthia would appear in the anime, but i don't think she is since the Isshu region is so far away. But she could have lived there...you never know. I certainly hope she is in the anime.

I don't want N in the anime since Pokemon may mess him up. I like thinking of the characters as the way they act in the games. They have only done a good job with Lyra. But if N is okay, then so be it.

Here's my theory:

Looker: Reappears to help Ash fight N (likely main villain) and Team Plasma, whilist looking into Team Rocket (and, since he's friends with Jessie, James, and Meowth, he could be a serious liability to Giovanni's plans). I think Looker lives in Isshu, which would explain Ash seeing him there. Hell, I'm betting 500 Pokebux that Looker's even your dad in the games.

Cynthia: Comes to Isshu because Takuto defeated her, and she's trying to get Ash to help her become Sinnoh Champion again, by haing him beat Takuto (like he so nearly did the last time he fought the asshole), and then be defeated by her, letting reclaim her title. In DP191, Ash mentioned a 'Champion's League', and Cynthia was supposedly the head honcho of all the Champions. It could be possible that Cynthia will attempt to bait Ash into fighting Takuto with promises of entering him into the Chapion's League Compettition.

Either that, or she's there because she wants to challenge Ash in the Champion's League, which is being hosted in Isshu. (Considering the writers, she may most likely be a Character of the Day)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom