• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Cynthia and Looker appear in Best Wishes too?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
With Cynthia and Looker being confirmed in Black and White, I'd like to discuss if and when they will also make an appearance in the Best Wishes Anime.

---
---

As I like Looker and adore my Queen like a heavenly angel, I'm overjoyed to hear that both of them are confirmed in the games Personally, I'm totally convinced that this piece of news indicates that they are going to appear again, even if it's only for cameos.
Could it be a hint that we will see a finale against Team Plasma with Looker and Cynthia again? Or could it even be the case that Ash finally manages to win a league for a change and will get the chance to battle the Master of all masters, Cynthia?
Of course, he's going to lose, but it would be awesome nevertheless

Yes, we will see more of Cynthia's battle and may possibly have Ash VS Cynthia at the end of BW.

Looker may investigate Team Plasma as well as Team Rocket in BW.

I hope they will, but I wish new people would be introduce. No offence, but I don't want to see Cynthia again. She was too perfect.

I hope they will, but I wish new people would be introduce. No offence, but I don't want to see Cynthia again. She was too perfect.
Yeah, I know exactly, what you mean!
If something is as perfect as Cynthia, you want to protect it and you only want it to appear for very special purposes. Yeah, it's kind of a two-edged sword:
I'd love to see her again, but on the other hand I also want her to keep her absolutely superior, almost supernatural and untouchable status

They better show us how Cynthia beat Takuto in BW to show her perfectness as a Champion!

Shirona I don't mind too much (as I'd love to hear what happened to Takuto, though I think she'd just stick to whatever the game purpose was) but I'd rather we didn't see Handsome. He was just a very boring character in my opinion and sadly I didn't think of him as necessary at all.

I think it would be interesting if she was in Isshu because she was beaten and is looking to become stronger.

I think it would be interesting if she was in Isshu because she was beaten and is looking to become stronger.

Impossible! Who could beat her? Even Palmer lost to her.(I suppose he lost since Cynthia is still the champion.) I doubt Takuto would have the ability to beat her!

Impossible! Who could beat her? Even Palmer lost to her.(I suppose he lost since Cynthia is still the champion.) I doubt Takuto would have the ability to beat her!

Well she was down to her last Pokémon against Oba. I don't see why an E4 member could not beat her after that. Kikuno in particular I'm sure has a lot more experience battling due to being older and Takuto seems to be an up and coming master of Pokémon judging from his ability to capture legendaries.

It all really depends on what she reveals in the games I believe. If she mentions that she isn't the champion anymore, then so be it.

Well she was down to her last Pokémon against Oba. I don't see why an E4 member could not beat her after that. Kikuno in particular I'm sure has a lot more experience battling due to being older and Takuto seems to be an up and coming master of Pokémon judging from his ability to capture legendaries.

It all really depends on what she reveals in the games I believe. If she mentions that she isn't the champion anymore, then so be it.

And even if Cynthia is shown to not have been beaten in Sinnoh, if she is brought into BW she might.
After all, showing her beating three E4 members in DP might be a set-up to have her finally lose a battle in BW, be it against Ash or possibly one of the Isshu champions.

In any case, it would be nice to see Cynthia in BW now that we know she's in the games, and I'm even more hoping to see the Isshu champion Belle in the animé.
Cynthia Vs Belle in BW, anyone?

I hope Cynthia appears in Best Wishes, Cheren/Bell/N/White should all be there too...
Then, we'll have a Cynthia VS Bell battle... of course, Bell would easily win this battle and will be declared the true Champion of both Sinnoh and Isshu and the whole Pokémon world cause she's so awesome!
Also, Bell will be so good, that the writers will just throw Ash away and starting from gen 6 Bell will be the star of the show

In any case, it would be nice to see Cynthia in BW now that we know she's in the games, and I'm even more hoping to see the Isshu champion Belle in the animé.

Yeah, I really hope that we do see Belle in BW. I think that she will be showcased a lot, as was Shirona in DP. It will be amusing to see a quirky champion as I think it will bring more of an entertainment aspect then either Shirona or Handsome could do if they appeared.

I really like that idea of Shirona battling Belle and I hope it happens now. Muurando alone looks as if it could beat Gablias. Maybe a "looks can be deceiving" message could be conveyed? After all, I don't really think that Shirona should appear again unless she helps to progress BW characters and the best way IMO is if she gets beaten.

I really like that idea of Shirona battling Belle and I hope it happens now. Muurando alone looks as if it could beat Gablias. Maybe a "looks can be deceiving" message could be conveyed? After all, I don't really think that Shirona should appear again unless she helps to progress BW characters and the best way IMO is if she gets beaten.

I completely agree with this. I think it would be nice to have mentions and appearances of Belle throughout BW, showing her getting stronger, and becoming champion before being the one to finally beat Cynthia. Belle definitely seems to be a character with a lot of potential anyway.

Ash would probably challenge her for a battle but it won't have anything to do with the league. She's the Sinnoh champion, the Isshu tournament has nothing to do with her.

I hope she doesn't because it doesn't make since to challenge her now that he's in the Isshu. He should have done it in Sinnoh.

I would like it if she came to Isshu because she lost her Champion status to Takuto. Let's be honest her pokemon are just not one the same level as Takuto.

Also a Belle v Cynthia battle (Belle would definitely win) would also be really interesting.

But while either or both theses scenarios are interesting, I don't want to see Cynthia in BW. She an old and tired character, nothing left to develop and she can't really add anything to the BW plot in my opinion. There are plenty of DP characters I'd pick to cameo over her TBH.

I completely agree with this. I think it would be nice to have mentions and appearances of Belle throughout BW, showing her getting stronger, and becoming champion before being the one to finally beat Cynthia. Belle definitely seems to be a character with a lot of potential anyway.

Agreed,I really want to see Belle(And Cheren!) in the anime,Its pretty much a given she would defeat Cynthia.Shuuti and her would make a good "Old sister little brother" rival combo.

Sadly, we probably will have to wait like with Barry to see most game characters :s

I would like it if she came to Isshu because she lost her Champion status to Takuto. Let's be honest her pokemon are just not one the same level as Takuto.

Really liking this idea too.

Last edited:
I hope not. Cynthia's cool but her had her time. Belle should appear instead.

I'd like for Ash to challange her again, this time he should get better and maybe knock out two Pokemon of hers?? I would love for her to appear, she was one of my favorites.

If she is brought into the anime, this is the only reason why I would want to see her. Plus, there really wouldn't be another reason why she would need to appear anyway. It would be really cool to see Belle win against Cynthia.

Yeah, I really hope that we do see Belle in BW. I think that she will be showcased a lot, as was Shirona in DP. It will be amusing to see a quirky champion as I think it will bring more of an entertainment aspect then either Shirona or Handsome could do if they appeared.

I agree; I think Belle has potential to become a really great anime character and she will certainly be an interesting champion. I already like her better than Cynthia!

And as for Looker, I don't see any reason for him to appear again...

I really don't see why they would appear in Best Wishes, well, unless it has to do something with the plot, which seems very unlikely to me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom