• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Dento get replaced too?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 36.1%

• Total voters

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
There was an Iris thread dealing with this, so what about our fabulous friend Dento? Will he get replaced as well? Or just do what they did with Brock and keep him for a while?

I wish they would replace him with Brock again. He's a remake of Drew, does everything that Brock does (minus the comic relef), and... that's it. Brilliant...

Don't beat me, fangirls!

I hope so, but at the same time I don't. Dento is really fabulous awesome to me, but I do miss Brock. Eh, I'm guessing he'll stay.

What I think now is there will always be a new male companion every arc.

Dento is too tied to the 5th gen.

Brock appeared in gens I-IV so he actually could promote the games for every region.

Yeah, there was a Kanto game/game portion every gen.

I: Kanto region R/B/Y.
II: The Kanto region was included in the Johto games.
III: Remake of R/B, FR and LG.
IV: Remake of G/S, HGSS.

I don't see Dento staying since it isn't exactly possible for them to pull another one of these. Well, maybe the next region will be connected to Isshu and therefore we'd get another G/S/C with both the main region and Isshu attached, but... doesn't seem very likely.

He won't stay. Look at the way all the DP characters, including Paul, Barry, etc. were all axed.

A character staying as long as Brock did will likely never happen again.

Its bound to happen some day as it happened to brock,he will get old and they will give him a nice going away episod then ship him off and sent in a new one!

Dento,you don't know if Dento will leave after the 5 Gen and this isn't the AG or DP series,the BW series is a reboot and he might stay for the next region even if he is tied to the 5th gen,stop making things a fact.

Gliscor'd,that was because the DP series was following from the AG series,the BW series is a new reboot and don't go saying that Dento won't be staying because that is your opinions not facts,Paul,Berry were all DP series characters and they weren't that popular anyways,it made since for them to leave,this is the Best Wishes series and Dento will most likely be staying alot longer beyond the 5 gen,Brock was tied into the 1 gen but he stay a lot longer,also stop making thing a fact because you are wrong,this isn't the DP or AG series,the BW series is a whole new entire different reboot and the writers can have Dento stay past the 5 GEN.

The polls don't mean a damn thing and Dento could stay longer beyond the 5 gen.

AshFangirl22,stop being stupid,Dento isn't going anywere and he can stay beyond the 5 Gen.

Last edited:
hopefully.
Well, he may/may not. I've got to admit I don't want him staying for as long as Brock at all, because not only will that severly downplay Brock it'll also probably get tiring. I mean, I know Dento has, what people like to call, 'fabulous'-ness about him, but other than he does exactly the same as Brock sans the comic relief. Although I do wonder if he is sent off, why would he be? Having a very vague goal like 'Pokemon Sommelier' seems to me like that won't really focus on it very much and end up keeping him on like Brock until he changes his goal the episode he leaves gets written off to either complete hs goal or he found something better to do.

Dento probably be a 1 region partner. That is it. I do like him and want to hear what he sound with the English voice.

I like Dento, I don't want him to leave, but he probably will. :(
It would be awesome though if both Iris and Dento could continue to travel with Ash to other regions, but I don't think so, they are here to promote the Isshu Region.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom