• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Full Metal Alchemist continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimchar27

Reaction score
I did this thread basicaly to see how much people would think the Full Metal Alchemist series would continue after Edd and Al reunite in the Full Metal Alchemist movie.

they could do like Hellsing and release some re-make OVA/TV series somewhere down the line that more closely resembles the manga (in which case, they probably only really need to start off this new series halfway where the old series takes place). If you're expecting some continuation of the current series after the movie, I say fat chance.

I think the current series should end with the movie...there is no reason to continue it. it left with a very good conclusion...but yeah a "Ultimate" version based more closely on the manga would be good.

Nope, the Anime is finished. And it's actually screwed up. The latest events had quite many plot holes. I wouldn't say it's not as good as described but anyway.

The true continuation, which, if I recall correctly begins from about the half of the Anime, is showed in the Manga of Hagaren. You can find it in zomgfta.com

Ok, not THAT many but... How did the transmutation work in our reality (talking about where alchemy doesn't exist, in the movie)? I thought it had to do something with Ed's blood or something, but I guess that's not right. Maybe I didn't get it, but I can't be too sure. Other plot holes exist in the general nature of the Homunculus. Nothing major, but oh well.

Also, I didn't mean by any chance that I don't believe that the series are actually in terms of quality. I just believe that it is quite overrated. It is actually one of my favourite Anime. :p

Ok, not THAT many but... How did the transmutation work in our reality (talking about where alchemy doesn't exist, in the movie)? I thought it had to do something with Ed's blood or something, but I guess that's not right. Maybe I didn't get it, but I can't be too sure. Other plot holes exist in the general nature of the Homunculus. Nothing major, but oh well.

The only reason why Edd wasnt able to use Alchemy is because he entered the gate in order to save Al.

No, it was because he went to another universe (our one) where Alchemy didn't exist in first place.

But you could only get to our universe by passing through the gate, wich meens I was right.

Ed's transmutation in Germany worked because he had bits of alchemic energy in his body. In the other world, everybody has a bit of the Gate inside themselves and an alchemist is a person who can reach through the Gate, harvest the energy of the deaths from the non-alchemic world, and use that energy to power a transmutation.

The anime's not going to continue (as much as I would like to see more of Russel and Fletcher :3). The manga is still ongoing, though, so read it. Srsly it's awesome.

I heard that the anime took on a different path, from the manga, and since it already reached a conclusion, it's not likely that a sequel will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom