• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Goh capture Legendary Pokemon?

Considering how the kid is literally a walking advertisement for 'Pokemon Go! on iPhone and Android, download it today!', I'm kinda terrified of how far the writers would go to try and impress people with him.

I didn't mind Ash catching Meltan because he's gone through so many regions and trained so many Pokemon, that him getting a mythical Pokemon wasn't too out there. It's not even like it's an all-powerful legendary that can OHKO an opponent just by blinking at them either.

To answer your question, "I really hope not."

I didn't mind Ash catching Meltan because he's gone through so many regions and trained so many Pokemon, that him getting a mythical Pokemon wasn't too out there. It's not even like it's an all-powerful legendary that can OHKO an opponent just by blinking at them either.

Ash's experiences across different regions had nothing to do with his capture of Meltan though. He didn't battle it, only caught it because of how it had bonded with Rowlet and I'd argue that Meltan had the weakest bond to Ash compared to the rest of his SM team. I can understand why Ash being more experienced would make capturing a Legendary Pokemon feel more earned/believable to fans and the fact that it wasn't one of the more powerful Legendary Pokemon even after evolving into Melmetal probably helped too, but it always feels kind of strange to see people bringing up Ash's experiences when it didn't matter in the slightest.

Besides that, I don't think that Suicune would be considered that powerful of a Legendary Pokemon either, especially compared to Legendary Pokemon introduced in later generations. It is part of a trio, so it is at least recognizable. Suicune isn't typically shown as weak by any means, but it also doesn't represent stuff like time and space, truth and ideals, life and death, etc either.

maybe one of the most common legendaries but probably not

...And to think I sometimes think Satoshipedia is a bit weird. Are we going to see Pro Goh Anti Ash fans come up in all this?

...And to think I sometimes think Satoshipedia is a bit weird. Are we going to see Pro Goh Anti Ash fans come up in all this?
I couldnt get what u meant
(Goh fan or ash fan)/
(anti goh or anti ash)

I couldnt get what u meant
(Goh fan or ash fan)/
(anti goh or anti ash)

...Yeah that. Just as we have fans who think Goh is the devil we'll get those who think Ash is the devil and Goh is the best

I dont think there are any Ash hater Goh lovers. Most Goh lovers like Ash. Some Ash lovers love Goh. But some Ash lovers DESPISE Goh

Give the fandom time to boil. It happens everywhere. Just ask Izuku/Ben/Naruto/Harry/Ichigo/Luffy/Asta....

...Yeah that. Just as we have fans who think Goh is the devil we'll get those who think Ash is the devil and Goh is the best
Yeah u can find plenty on twitter who think goh is the best and ash the worst

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom