• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Iris return in the XY saga?

as many people mentioned here "do you think writers doing enough iris' about scraggy vs Axew, it happened just for relieve, playing and comedy not for making them growing and become strong. Hwever ash let scraggy compete in explotulion and reached with him to the finally however Axew no just magic who made him learn outrage or dragon rage not a train who made him learn them
---------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes playing for relieve made people growing and become stronger. For example, when you play with your brother football. We played with him for fun, for comedy however also to make him become bitter player by learn some new techniques in football like understading your team habits, understanding their ways for moving, understanding your rivals techniques, however we don't feel it when we see scraggy vs axew

I would like Iris to come back. I don't understand why everyone hated her. Sure the BW series was pretty annoying how Ash just sucked at everything, but Iris was still funny and interesting character. I would like to see her emolga again at least, but of course she never used it

They're probably going to bring back Iris, but I'd love to have Cilan meet Clemont. Cilan's a self-proclaimed science connoisseur, Clemont is a great cook, and the two of them are both Gym Leaders who know a lot about Pokémon.

They're probably going to bring back Iris, but I'd love to have Cilan meet Clemont. Cilan's a self-proclaimed science connoisseur, Clemont is a great cook, and the two of them are both Gym Leaders who know a lot about Pokémon.

I thought one day that they will do thislike cilan vs brock
but challenge in cooking it is what i didn't thought about - really nice idea

Maybe if Iris comes back, it would be an episode revolving around her wanting to meet Drasna and issuing a challenge and loses. Perhaps Noibat can meet her (Drasna's) Noivern and inspires to become stronger to evolve into one.

For Cilan, if he were to appear, perhaps it would be through a fishing tournament since he loves fishing. Maybe the final challenge for him to become an S-class Connoisseur is to judge a Tripokalon (perhaps the Master class or Serena's third and final one) and evaluate the bond between performers and Pokemon.

It'll be nice to see both of them again if the writers ever do plan on making them appear.

Maybe if Iris comes back, it would be an episode revolving around her wanting to meet Drasna and issuing a challenge and loses. Perhaps Noibat can meet her (Drasna's) Noivern and inspires to become stronger to evolve into one.

For Cilan, if he were to appear, perhaps it would be through a fishing tournament since he loves fishing. Maybe the final challenge for him to become an S-class Connoisseur is to judge a Tripokalon (perhaps the Master class or Serena's third and final one) and evaluate the bond between performers and Pokemon.

It'll be nice to see both of them again if the writers ever do plan on making them appear.

I agree, having both of them reappear would be amazing. They always seem to bring back the female characters, though (well, they didn't really have much of a choice of who to bring back in AG and DP, but still...). I feel like with the way AmourShipping is being pushed to the breaking point in XY, they'd bring back Iris just to create complications between her and Serena and finally have the two girls reach an understanding. That seems most likely to me.

Personally, I'd like to see Iris back because I like her relationship with Ash better than with May or Serena. She brought back some of Ash's long-lost sass and dorkiness, and I also agree that I would love to see something with Drasna and Ash's Noibat and Iris happening. Maybe that Gible of hers will be a Gabite if and when she comes back.

I personally hope not. I don't miss her or Cilan so I rather they focus on the development of the current characters. At the most, maybe Ash could run into someone they met and had seen her recently.

I personally hope not. I don't miss her or Cilan so I rather they focus on the development of the current characters. At the most, maybe Ash could run into someone they met and had seen her recently.

Same here, i really don't wanna see iris again and i sure as hell don't want to see her gible evolve before ash's. Cilan is fine as far as i'm concerned.

The only reason I would like to see Iris coming back is soley just for Emolga using attract so we can figure out the genders for the pokemon. That, and because I want to see Iris vs Serena so that Serena can use her Sylveon (if Eevee evolves to that) and beat Dragonite down. Iris never had much of a great impact on me, her "quest" to become a Dragon Master never really did come to light during her journey with Ash in my eyes.

I kinda hope Cilan could come back too though.

I would like to see Iris come back. If all the previous main girls got a re-appearance, I don't see why Iris shouldn't. She is one of my favorite characters, after all.

It can be interesting to see her interact with both Ash and Serena. Ash is a lot more competent in XY than he was in BW, so I want to see how Iris will react to that, considering she constantly teased him for his stupidity throughout a lot of BW. Serena and Iris seem to be polar opposites of each other in terms of personality, and I'd like to see whether or not they'll get along right away like Iris and Dawn did or if it might take time for them to become friends.

Plus, with the new Fairy-type threat to Dragons, it could allow Iris more character development. I would like to see her learn how to combat fairies.

If she does, I'll be sure to skip those episodes. =) Nothing of value was lost when they ditched her. While Cilan was tolerable, I don't really care to see him again, either.

The only reason I would like to see Iris coming back is soley just for Emolga using attract so we can figure out the genders for the pokemon. That, and because I want to see Iris vs Serena so that Serena can use her Sylveon (if Eevee evolves to that) and beat Dragonite down. Iris never had much of a great impact on me, her "quest" to become a Dragon Master never really did come to light during her journey with Ash in my eyes.

I kinda hope Cilan could come back too though.

I am totally agree you if she back
My opinion that i do want see her in xy
However i love cilan

Respecting other's opinions, yes she is coming back. Previous girls returning doesn't guaranteed, but if it's happening, Iris has to change little on how she behaved. Some gags from her was a little bit irritating, and that's why I don't watch the large part of BW.

I'm pretty certain she will return not only was she a great character, similar to Misty, she was also iconic as the first black female companion.

I don't get why everyone is hating on her, she's way better than bland just girly girls like Serena, Dawn and May.

The bright side from Iris is her personal character who's absolutely something we never seen since OS departed. I mean, the concept from the producers was great when she was first introduced, I couldn't see anything wrong of her wild and rebel behavior.

Granted, some of you might disagree due to her annoying catchphrase and bad teasing towards Ash, but again I hadn't too much issue from her. We flew two generations before we can have another Misty-like character with some additional feature and a goal without any Contest element at all. So you see, according to my statement, why making Iris' bitchin character a huge problem? Lucky for us, Best Wishes took less episodes than any sagas or else, haters gonna blow their heads up.

I prefer to have an interesting female character along including some tomboy-ish sides on the lean with persevering ideas rather than a happy go-lucky girl whose dreams are sealed on Contest skills. At least, can we just have our comfort zone got ridden away for once? This is why I don't like Serena's performing overall so far, her feminist character is something way too mushy IMO, except if she could give a fantastic showbiz, then I would bestow her a positive chance for the act.

In short, Iris returning isn't that troubling as long as the story were properly handled. If you want to have to give a negative review, don't just blame the character readily. We'll see what goes next when she comes back to Ash and his Kalos gang.

I for one would loove for Iris to return. I'm really Interested to see if she actually becomes the successor of the opleciud gym. It be crazy if she came back as the champion I'd love to see Ash's reaction to that. But I HIGHLY doubt that would happen because the games and anime are two different worlds basically. Personally, I think it would be cool for Ash to battle Iris with her being a 'champion'.

I really feel sorry for ash when the people got mad from him for sending charizard that noot listen to him because dragonite with iris is more horrible than charizard and ash but no no one said anything even cynthia said that she did well

I am too much angry, dissappinted, mad and sad from cynthia, alder, drayden and from clair for being happy from Iris and not mad from her

Axew for me learn HyperBeam, Special Rend and Roar of time

She will. It's the only real pattern besides the Ash losing the league and dumping all his Pokemon except Pikachu in every new series and I doubt they'll stop it now.
Besides if she doesn't and the pattern does indeed break, then you can kiss guest appearances from future female companions goodbye as well.

No i know why axew can do outrage and giga impact out of nowhere

Because axew can do a Gameshark

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom