• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Iris return in the XY saga?

Honestly I Stopped watching X and Y because of how boring of a character serena, I still keep up to date on gym battles but it's because of how poorly the lead female character that lost all interest, so having Iris return will be nice, actually if they don't screw Ash out of losing and he gets a chance to battle the elite four, they could have it where Drasna is friends with Draydon and he and Iris are visiting, I would love to see Iris with new design, some like her BW2 but without the dress, I also doubt that she would be scared of fairy type pokemon or beaten by anyone in the group since

-Serena barely using her pokemon to fight.

-Clemont pokemon aren't as strong has her's.

-The only Pokemon that Ash has that could be her are, Pikachu and maybe Greninja if the whole Ash greninja is still a thing.

I would love it if Bonnie starts calling Clemont a kid after she hears Iris say to Ash, that would make me soon happy that people will say stuff like "OMG THEY RUINED BOONIE!!" because let's face it,Pokemon fans are whiny like that.

Wow, Serena's boring but you actually like Iris? You have stronger stomach than me...

FYI, Clemont is a gym leader, Iris is a "gym leader some day when she's better" and honestly Iris will lose if that's what the writers want...

Because I never got butthurt over "OMG SHE CALLED ASH A LITTLE KID!" but that's getting into a topic that I want to get into but maybe not today, thing is that Clemont doesn't get to train a lot when he's traveling with Ash and from what from we seen that Iris has been doing quite a bit of training plus I'm sure she can sweep his team with Dragonite alone but that's really nothing new unless she was busying chasing Rayquasa and maybe met a girl with cape "wink, wink".

wolley2xjd is clearly a Serena hater, just look at his signature.

Anyway, I hope Iris never returns, she's the most annoying character that has ever accompanied Ash, I don't like her but I'm not a blind hater.

According to the new OP and the recent posters, we can at least be sure that she's not going to appear during the course of the Team Flare arc.

If she ever does appear, it'll be for a filler arc of some kind afterwards. But I don't think there's really any room for her in the XY saga, and there's no rule that a previous heroine has to make a cameo appearance in the next saga.

wolley2xjd is clearly a Serena hater, just look at his signature.

Anyway, I hope Iris never returns, she's the most annoying character that has ever accompanied Ash, I don't like her but I'm not a blind hater.

I don't hate her, I just don't care much for her at all, she doesn't add anything new and yet people praise her like she's the greatest character that ever lived, I already stated my reasons why I don't like her and if you think that I'm a hater well that's you're problem yo.

This thread is about whether or not Iris will return in XY, not about your opinions on Serena. If you want to talk about Serena and how you feel about her character, then please discuss it in the thread dedicated for her character in the Character and Saga discussion sections. Please get back on topic. Thank you.

Well what I was trying to say before, I Think it would be interesting to have Iris meet Zinna because she was chasing Rayquaza, I think that would be a interesting way to have her and Zinna be XY and Z, It would also give her a reason to meet up with Ash again, I'm surprised that no brought to the fact that Ash could tell her about Goodra and how released, it would nice bond between the too and See what her Team looks like now would another to see, the interaction between Axew and Chespin would be a nice call back too oshawott has well has seeing him take the big brother role for Noibat.

Who knows, maybe he'll evolve or already has, I also want bonnie to play with her hair.

Well what I was trying to say before, I Think it would be interesting to have Iris meet Zinna because she was chasing Rayquaza, I think that would be a interesting way to have her and Zinna be XY and Z, It would also give her a reason to meet up with Ash again, I'm surprised that no brought to the fact that Ash could tell her about Goodra and how released, it would nice bond between the too and See what her Team looks like now would another to see, the interaction between Axew and Chespin would be a nice call back too oshawott has well has seeing him take the big brother role for Noibat.

Who knows, maybe he'll evolve or already has, I also want bonnie to play with her hair.
No it is not, after BW series Iris must be outside the Anime
I hate Cynthia, Clair, Dawn, everyone, every episode loved Iris

I don't understand what you're trying to say, your wording is weird, can you explain with better wording please?

BRING. HER. BACK.

PLEASE D:

Seriously, one of the main reasons I'm even bothering to keep up with XY is because I so desperately hope for either Cilan or Iris to have a cameo. The XY group is so painfully lacklustre and predictable... I miss the squabbles between Ash and the girls, I miss the argues that arose when opposite opinions/beliefs clashed (Iris/Cilan <3), and I just really, really miss the tension in the group. I miss the minor conflicts that almost always inevitably occur whenever a group of friends interact amongst eachother (and which we've also seen examples of in EVERY group up till XY).

Honestly though, other than filling a function of personal enjoyment, I don't really think her having a cameo would fill much of a function at all. But I don't really care for that either way, all I care for is the interactions. I mean, Dawn's cameo kinda sucked plot-wise, but nonetheless was really, really enjoyable due to her interactions with the group. Iris could bring in sooooo much to the XY-group, maybe acting as saving grace seeing how overwhelmingly boring it is at the moment.

also how great wouldn’t it be if Iris participated in the Kalos League, face-off against Ash in the finals and then completely crush him with her newly acquired Mega Goodra (who, btw, is the Goodra that Ash released)?? omg, that’d be so great

I don't understand what you're trying to say, your wording is weird, can you explain with better wording please?
I meant that they try to make Iris is right in her episodes by force, even when Cynthia, Clair, Dawn were happy to her
they try to do everything to make us say Iris is right, so we don't ant her in xy or xyz

I meant that they try to make Iris is right in her episodes by force, even when Cynthia, Clair, Dawn were happy to her
they try to do everything to make us say Iris is right, so we don't want her in xy or xyz

When you use the word "We" that also adds everyone on this board and I'm sure that their other people who disagree with this opinion, also you relay need to explain yourself better because I seen every episode of BW and none of them seemed like they were trying to force any to make seen like she was always right, if anything more episodes make seem like she still has to learn more has a trainer.

Reading about this tradition about bringing previous heroines back, it came to me it's pretty similar to Super Sentai's tradition of bringing the previous Sentai to a movie\special, right? So wouldn't it be a nicer idea of instead of Iris, the staff decided to use several older main characters (like the Vs Super Sentai anniversaries do). Imagine an arc with Takeshi, Haruka (or Masato?), Hikari and Dent all joining Satoshi's crew?

Know it's definitely not gonna happen, but one can dream xD

I'd rather see Cilan. I'm not exactly a Iris fan......
On the other hand, it would be awesome to see Sylveon whoop Dragonite's butt in battle

Why hasn't Iris appeared in the XY series till now?:cry::cry: I so want to see her again. But with the XY series coming to a close, I don't think my wish will come true. I still hope that Iris will have some involvement in the Team Flare arc.

Why hasn't Iris appeared in the XY series till now?:cry::cry: I so want to see her again. But with the XY series coming to a close, I don't think my wish will come true. I still hope that Iris will have some involvement in the Team Flare arc.
Don't get despaired. Dawn returned after Unova League arc although she didn't do much things with Ash and co.

I'd have preferred Iris to return when Ash still had Goodra. Just to see the contrast between it and her Dragonite.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom