• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Madame Boss make any appearances in the current timeline?

owenpeterson

Reaction score
Several different incarnations of Pokemon have established that Team Rocket leader Giovanni has had a very stormy relationship with his mother who answers to the name of "Madame Boss". Madame Boss has even made an actual appearance in the anime. However it was in a flashback, and it didn't involve any of the current protagonists.

Now it was established that Madame Boss has since retired as boss and left Giovanni in charge. However she looked quite young and good looking, so chances are she might be still around somewhere. I'm not sure it was ever established if she had died or not, so it's still up in the air as to where she is now.

Could she be still working behind the scenes, twisting Giovanni's arms when it comes to major Team Rocket plans? Or maybe she has completely given up Team Rocket and is living a quiet retirement. Who knows? Do you think that maybe Madame Boss might encounter Ash Ketchum at any point in time? I wonder what she would think of the bumbling TRio if she encountered them?

What do you think Madame Boss is up to in the current timeline and could she make any appearances?

I may well be wrong (I'd love it if I were!) but wasn't Madame Boss' only appearance in Shudo's The Birth of Mewtwo CD drama?

Sadly I think it highly unlikely that any of the radio-drama-only characters would appear in the anime, especially now when it's been over 15 years after the fact. (I'm sure an argument could even be spun up to question the canonicity of those stories to the anime as we know it.)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom