• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Mega Evolution make a return?

Will we see Mega Evolution in Pokémon Sun & Moon?

• Yes, during the main game.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Yes, but only in the post-game.

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roi C.

Space Monkey
Reaction score
So far, we haven't heard or seen anything regarding the return of Mega Evolution to the games. While I personally think they won't give it up so easily, seeing they worked so hard on the designs and actual in-game implementation, it's a possibility they'll keep it a Gen VI feature, a thing we know GF has a tendency to do, to keep each gen and region unique.

I actually think Mega Evolution will be absent during the main game, but in the post-game, a Mega key-stone will be added to your Z-Ring in some way or another, and you'll be able to find, recieve and use Mega stones (and thus, Mega evolve your 'mons).

So... What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Same thing that I said elsewhere; they won't just delete them, but I think that we may have to wait until the post-game or possibly even the next Gen VII game before we can access them.

Mega Evolution is not going anywhere.

If anything, once we get the Sinnoh remakes (fingers crossed) they will probably give us a ton of Sinnoh Megas. Though I don't think we'll get many, if any, new Megas for this gen.

While I personally think they won't give it up so easily, seeing they worked so hard on the designs and actual in-game implementation, it's a possibility they'll keep it a Kalos-only feature,
Um, i don't understand your logic.

If they created 40 + new forms to new/old pokemon, don't you think they should at least carry over the next gen? I honestly can't see them removing mega evolution. They've created 48 of them(50 with primal), and it was a major plot point in both XY and ORAS. I can't see them removing something so heavily promoted. I think they still haven't shown us any new mega because they want to focus on the new features of gen 7.

Um, i don't understand your logic.

If they putted a lot of effort into Mega evolution, don't you think they should at least carry over the next gen? I honestly can't see them removing mega evolution. They've created 48 of them(50 with primal), and it was a major plot point in both XY and ORAS. I can't see them removing something so heavily promoted. I think they still haven't shown us any new mega because they want to focus on the new features of gen 7.

I personally think they'll stay. It's not my logic that is put to question here, what I'm saying is GF are known to make, uh... Odd decisions at times, regarding certain game mechanics.

To be honest, I think removing the Megas will be pretty stupid. They're pretty much a fan-favorite, and, like I said, they worked really hard on them. With that said. we still haven't seen a single Mega, not even the old ones, and the Key Stone is still absent, while the new Z-Rings have made their appearance instead.

Right now, it's all pure speculation, basically.

With that said. we still haven't seen a single Mega, not even the old ones,
Like i said earlier, they're probably not showing any new/old mega because they want to focus on the new gen 7 mechanics. I don't think it means that megas aeen't returning, really.

Like i said earlier, they're probably not showing any new/old mega because they want to focus on the new gen 7 mechanics. I don't think it means that megas aeen't returning, really.

And like I said, you're probably right. However, nothing is factual as of yet.

As far as Sun and Moon are concerned, we'll get the old Mega Stones (the bracelet has a slot for a key stone) but I don't see any new Mega Evolutions in the cards when the focus is on Z-moves (which are incompatible with Mega Evolution) and forms. By the next release, they may expand the feature.

As far as Sun and Moon are concerned, we'll get the old Mega Stones (the bracelet has a slot for a key stone) but I don't see any Mega Evolutions in the cards when the focus is on Z-moves (which are incompatible with Mega Evolution) and forms. By the next release, they may revisit the feature.

Which brings us to another question... Do you people think there'll be any special connection between Z-moves and Megas?

Definitely, they just won't be involved in the plot anymore, hence being absent from the main-game.

I think that they will be post game. The main story will place focus on Alola forms and Z-Moves. This will be like Gen VI where the main focus was Mega Evolution.

I think they'll be available during the main story. They won't be as important as in Gen 6, but they'll still be present in one way or another.

All current Mega Evolving Pokemon will definitely make a return here. They are now an eternal component of the franchise in the same vein as abilities or held items. Will there be new Mega Evolutions? Of that I'm less certain, but I'm not excluding the possibility.

I can't see them removing them when they've been as big a hit as they have. We may not get anymore new ones anytime soon, sure, but I think it's a crazy suggestion that the old ones and the likes of Mega Charizard X or Mega Lucario will be completely removed from the game. The Pokemon (Charizard and Lucario) are basically secondary mascots to the franchise and their Mega Evolution go hand-in-hand with that.

If they aren't removing dumb, useless forms that no one cares for or uses between generations, like Zen Mode Darmanitan, I don't see why Megas would suddenly all be axed when they have had a massive effect on the game.

Maybe they hold back until later in Gen VII to release them, like the new Megas in ORAS, and focus on Z-Moves and Alolan forms as the main draw in SM, but I don't believe the old ones are gone, erased from the game data to never be seen again, no.

I still think it'll return but it'll only appear during the post-game. I also think there's a possibility that they won't promote any new megas before release.

The focus will probably be on the Alola variants.

At any rate, I do hope that it returns, if only because I am not only curious as to how they would tie it into Alola, but I also want to see if they have anything more to say about it in regards to Kalos and Hoenn, and sort of reconciling that part of its mythology. I know that the storyline is essentially never the point of the games, but I can't help it. There's no denying that I'm a story enthusiast, even when it's futile. :p

Mega Evolution is definitely here to stay. But it seems to me that there probably won't be that many megas introduced in Gen 7 since it's not a new and flashy feature anymore. That and it seems inevitable that it won't show up until the post game.

I think they're here to stay and that we'll even get some new ones. However, they'll probably be limited to post-game and we're probably only going to get around 10 or 15 new ones instead of G6's 40.

The only Pokemon form ever deleted from the games is Spiky-Eared Pichu, and I expect that to remain consistent.

If there's a mid-gen game (either Sun and Moon 2 or Diamond and Pearl Remakes) I expect we'll get a ton (~30ish) for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom