• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Mega Evolution make a return?

Will we see Mega Evolution in Pokémon Sun & Moon?

• Yes, during the main game.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Yes, but only in the post-game.

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I expect that Cosplay Pikachu's days are numbered...

Possibly, but I dunno - it had a more focus than Spiky-Eared Pichu and a fair amount of merchandising. If anything, I wonder if it might persist but get a new five costumes every generation? Gotta sell dem Pikachu dolls. It was even in Pokken, after all.

Although I expect that Cosplay Pikachu's days are numbered...

Rest in peace. I also expect Cosplay Pikachu to get the sack.

I believe that mega evolution will still be here, and will be here to stay. You only have to look at the competitive scene to see why it won't be going anywhere - it's made too big of an impact to disappear and the developers should recognise that. However, I do believe that it'll only appear during the post game in order to make the main story focus Z-moves or whatever they decide to pull.

Expect Mega Kangaskhan to get nerfed the hell out, though.

Considering the extensive changes mega evolution caused, they're likely going to return. I imagine it'll take a backseat role so Z-Moves can shine, but new megas in Sun/Moon would be nice.

Ash-Greninja remains a mystery, too.

Ash-Greninja remains a mystery, too.

My current theory is that there's going to be "Z-Forms" that only a very, very small amount of Pokemon will have that will be triggered by using a Z-move with that specific Pokemon ala Mega Rayquaza. Ash-Greninja (probably called Z-Greninja or Greninja-Z in the games) will be one of them. Ash Greninja's transformation sequence looks a LOT like Hydro Vortex. Like, quite a bit.

Will they be the focus of the plot? Of course not~ We already got that in XY and some in ORAS~ But are they getting rid of them after they JUST got them drilled into our heads? Of course not~ They'll be there, just no longer needing to be the main focus~

I imagine that since we now have Z-Moves essentially taking the role they had last Gen, maybe they will be held off till post game and you'll get a Mega Ring then~

Somewhere there was an image of the Z bracelt that had a slot in it for a key stone if anyone can find that?

I think Megas will take a back seat and maybe not even be used until post game but why get rid of them thats over 50 designs some of which have abilities unique to just them and some of these megas were really popular. If nothing else I hope they stay in as alola variants and that way they can nerf the stats abit and maybe change the ability and get rid of some megas like kangaskahn

There's absolutely no way they're dropping Megas, it just won't be prominent

They're not getting rid of M-Kanga - I expect simply to see the damage from the secondary lowered to 30% OR for it not to apply anything but damage. So no more double Power-Up Punches.

As others have said, I expect it to return, though not as heavily in regards to the plot. I could see it just becoming an average thing for higher trainers, like the champion. Like, there's no big deal made about the fact that they have a mega on their team, it's just there.

I can see it Returning; I mean they STILL need to make a Bug/Dragon type Mega Flygon for Crying out loud!!!!! and Plus there COULD be a Circle somewhere on the Z-Ring for a Mega stone.

I can't help asking myself if (going with the scenario in which the Megas appear in the game) we'll have a quest delving deeper into the mysteries behind Mega Evolution.

It has a chance of returning but there is also a chance that mega evolution is gen 6 only.

I'm guessing they'll just save it purely for the post-game. There's no way they would just delete something so huge and popular to the series now. We may or may not get any new Megas in SM, who knows. But no way could it be gone. Once we finish the main campaign, we'll get our Key Stone I bet.

Mega Stone collection was actually one of the cooler implementations of a meaningful post-game that doesn't require a lot of work on GF's part. Going through old areas to hunt for them is really appealing.

There's absolutely no chance that they're dropping Mega Evolution and making it exclusive to the sixth generation. After all the work they put into them, that would be an incredibly stupid move. It helps to promote older Pokemon while also making them more useful in competitive gameplay. Even with the Alola forms being a thing, I don't think that they'd replace Mega Evolution. It's just too useful of a feature in regards to marketing and gameplay for them to keep it exclusive to one generation.

I'm sure that we'll be able to get Mega Evolution at some point during the game, but I don't know when or if we'll get new Mega Pokemon now that we have Alola forms. I could see them holding off on new Mega Evolution in order to have the Z moves and Alola forms getting a chance to shine, while they'd include all current Mega Pokemon between the two games. Whenever we get D/P remakes, then they'll probably bring in new Mega Pokemon to make those remakes stand out, but that's the worst possible scenario in my opinion.

Somewhere there was an image of the Z bracelt that had a slot in it for a key stone if anyone can find that?

Here.

However, it is from the leaks thread, so I will just link to the image directly here:

(Basically shows a circular slot on the opposite side of the Z-Ring, which could be used to hold a Key Stone. Also, @King Shuckle (who first posted this) meant to say "also work for Key Stones," not "Super Moves.")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom