• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Mega Evolution make a return?

Will we see Mega Evolution in Pokémon Sun & Moon?

• Yes, during the main game.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Yes, but only in the post-game.

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • No.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certain like to see more mega evolutions. Will the Alola variant pokemon have mega evolutions? Perhaps because they are not forms at all. They are variations of pokemon that adaptability to the climate of the region. So I don't see any reason for Alola variant pokemon to not have mega evolution.

I really hope that we׳ll get Alola forme Pokémon with their own variants of Mega Evolution.
If Game Freak were to give us new Mega Evolutions in Sun and Moon, I can see that happening. Here are two scenarios for this:

In the first scenario, imagine that we get 20 new Mega Stones for 10 species. One of the Mega Stones would be for the original version, while the Alola variety would get their own Mega Stone.

In the second scenario, we get 10 Mega Stones, one for each species. Each species-specific Mega Stone gives different Mega Evolutions to different variations of the same species, with one Mega Evolution per variation.

I think we will get megas in main game but around 6 or 8 gym not 4 like in XY.
They could give us one mega as a hint to make fandom chill a littlebit before the game is realeased.
If we got starters from a nother generation last time then now Johto needs redemption and a solid mega buff. grass/rock, fire/steel and water/dragon that would be something.
(this dual types can counter poion, flying and dragon moves of generation 1 starters megas)
+ we dont know if Venusaur or Blastoise will get their secondary extra megas now to have a proper rivalry with Charizard X and Y.

Last edited:
In the run-up to X/Y, it was the September 2013 (released in August) CoroCoro that revealed Mega Evolution. Maybe they'll want a similar timing this time and we'll see whatever they have in store regarding megas this month?

I'm not sure this is the case, considering Mega Evolution is already a known mechanic and all...

I really hope that we׳ll get Alola forme Pokémon with their own variants of Mega Evolution.
We should get used to the new forms (and brand new species for that matter) before they're given Mega Evolutions. There is no haste to do everything at once (that is, in the same games).

Some of you are so pushy.

Last edited:
Everything needs time I would rather want they focus on re-buffing old moves like Teleport, abilities, megas and other things then overcomplicating things to fast. But I don't say that it's not the right direction, nice ideas, but re-name that Sandshrew , Sandslash to Snowshrew and Snowslash as fast as posibble.(becuse it's not logical and bad for children to think about sand and snow that way)

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how if they do bring back mega evolution with the new Z-forms. Surely one couldn't use both in a battle, like OP overkill. The Z-crystal things and mega stones should fit on the same bracelet.

Also using them would be incridbly tricky: If you predict your opponent is going to use a Z power dragon and you switch in a fairy, whelp, too bad for you, I guess.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are going to be freaking huge, and they already have a ton of new things coming to them. I honestly can not see these games adding a ton of new megas to go with that. But I also don't see them completely getting rid of this feature either. I think Megas will be post game, and maybe we'll see a few old Pokemon get megas, I don't they're be a lot of new Megas either. Maybe your given one as a little endgame gift, or maybe you go back to Kalos and receive on their. Any way you get it, I don't think you'll end up getting it till after you finish the game. I think we'll see the Johto starters get megas, and maybe a couple others as well.

I'm just wondering how if they do bring back mega evolution with the new Z-forms. Surely one couldn't use both in a battle, like OP overkill. The Z-crystal things and mega stones should fit on the same bracelet.
I guess they could limit it by forcing you either pick between Mega Evolving for that battle or using a Z move.

At the very least they should do that for Rayquaza, because that thing shouldn't be allowed to both evolve and use a Z-move.

In the second scenario, we get 10 Mega Stones, one for each species. Each species-specific Mega Stone gives different Mega Evolutions to different variations of the same species, with one Mega Evolution per variation.

I would definitely go this route. Mega Stones are cluttered enough as it is XD

So far it looks like they're avoiding giving Alolan forms to Pokémon that have megas. This can't be a coincidence. I don't think we're getting many, if any, new megas. But they're going to stay in the game. After three years of constant marketing and with them being such a big deal in the anime recently I can't seem them being thrown aside.

Okay seeing as how all of the Alolan form Pokémon shown thus far are all Gen I Pokémon, I can say the following with confidence: Alolan Forms will focus on Gen I, while Pokémon from Gen II and up may get Megas if we are to get any new ones. But hey, that's just a theory...

Though the new Dragonite and Zubat tease makes me wonder. (see Gen VII confirmed thread current discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom