• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Mew be catchable in game?

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
We've got recent examples of Deoxys being catchable in ORAS, and Celebi being catchable in Crystal VC. So do you think Mew will be catchable in LGPE?

It's possible, like you said, they've already made mythicals available before. Not much else to say on the topic until we get more news.

Knowing the amount of Kanto fan service and casual pandering these games currently seem to have, I wouldn’t be surprised if Game Freak put Mew under that one truck from the Vermillion City Harbor instead of making it event-exclusive this time around.

Please, Game Freak?

They did say '151'. Though it'll prob just be an event after 6 months where you get given one by a clerk and that's it

They did say '151'. Though it'll prob just be an event after 6 months where you get given one by a clerk and that's it
Oh you're right they did say that, that's a good point. I'm hoping it's not just an event where you are given Mew, they really spoil the immersion in the Pokemon world

Knowing the amount of Kanto fan service and casual pandering these games currently seem to have, I wouldn’t be surprised if Game Freak put Mew under that one truck from the Vermillion City Harbor instead of making it event-exclusive this time around.

Please, Game Freak?

I think actually finding it underneath the truck is a probably a little too silly for something as important and elegant as Mew, but I could see them playing with that Easter egg a bit. Maybe you’ll go somewhere special to encounter Mew in the post-game, but they could foreshadow that throughout the main game by having Mew fly past and having your character catch a glimpse of it, like what they did with Suicune in Crystal, and maybe the truck could be one of those places where you spot it.

But in all likelihood I think they’ll just hand it out like usual. :unsure: It’s a shame, really. If nothing else, Faraway Island and Fuji’s involvement with it deserves to be explored in a Kanto game, and this is a perfect chance to do that. Lord knows why they decided to stick that in Emerald last time rather than, you know, the Red and Green remakes...

Incidentally, I wonder if these games will have Giovanni and Team Rocket tangle with Mewtwo at all, now that USUM have finally gone and paired them together within the game canon.

You will get your direct distribution and you will like it.

Esserise said:
now that USUM have finally gone and paired them together within the game canon.
Within a game canon. It seemed like a forced way to make Giovanni on par with the other leaders.

I'm thinking either Go-exclusive or an event download like usual.

Agreed with above. I think a likely scenario is that Pokemon Go will have a Mew event to celebrate the release of these games, and that will probably be the only way you'll be able to get it. That sounds awful, I know. But from their standpoint, it's a great idea for cross-promotional purposes.

Pokemon Go already does have Mew available, though. In fact, anyone should be able to get it as long as they complete the Special Research for it. Considering that, it wouldn't surprise me if it actually did remain Go-exclusive, but I'd imagine they'll give out an event for the people that just want to stick with LGPE.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom