• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Pikachu ever forget Electro Ball (and learn something more useful)

New Pikachu Move

• Volt Tackle return

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Keep Electro Ball

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Knock Off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signal Beam

• Disarming Voice

• Defensive Move

• Cosplay Pikachu Move

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
I would want Pikachu to learn a Status move instead. Those moves have really taken a backseat and don't find much love in the main character's Pokémon's movesets.
I believe Return is another good option for Pikachu to learn if it were to forget Electro Ball.

I'd like Pikachu to learn a new move, but I'd want him to learn a new move that is brand new. Water types have Aqua Jet, and fire types have flame charge... I'd like to see a similar electric type move that either lets him go first or increase speed and quick attack be forgotten.

Or electro ball be forgotten. Way too gimmicky of a move.

I still wish that Pikachu kept Volt Tackle instead of Electro Ball, but I don't think that they'll bring back the move at this point. They could replace Electro Ball at some point, but it would probably be for either a new Pikachu exclusive move, if they want to make another one that is, or a newly introduced Electric type move.

I had the hope that he'd get Extreme Speed over Quick Attack like that one event Pikachu on account of the move being a great fit, but that's long since fallen through. I kinda like Electro Ball anyway, because of how it formed a fierce visible combo with Static against Roxie's Garbodor.
I'd wait until we see what he can learn in Gen VII.

What's with the Electro Ball dislike? I think it's a great move for Pikachu to have. Besides, they probably ditched Volt Tackle because of all the recoil they would potentially have to address.

In the anime, it is all about the way the move looks, not the power in the games. Electro Ball is a projectile, which is why they got rid of Volt Tackle for it (which was a tackling move just like quick attack)

I mean, if we'd actually see his Electro Ball depicted as being stronger against slower opponents then I'm highly certain that Pikachu could have turned around Ash's disastrous recent battle against Wulfric's Avalugg far better than the fully physical GreninjAsh.
Let's stop bemoaning the loss of Volt Tackle, it's just getting tiresome. Move on. -_-'

I'd want Volt Tackle back but unless another random Electric move comes in gen 7, Elcetro Ball will remain.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom