• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Pokemon Legends Arceus get DLC?

Will Legends Arceus get DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Crimson Mirelands is clearly a swampy area. Sure, there are some areas that are drier than others, but the majority of it is wetlands, complete with massive mud puddles, rivers and ponds. Other than sharing some similar landscape colors, it feels like the opposite of a desert. Even the Pokémon tend to be based on things you’d expect to find in a marsh.

Usually swamps have a bit more vegetation than Crimson Mirelands does. The areas that actually have the "swampy" mud puddles are drier, and feel more deserty than swampy. It's not actually a desert but it's close.

I think a desert zone is more likely than a jungle, mainly because its a biome that doesn’t have any real representation in Hisui. Both Crimson Mirelands and Cobalt Coastland have elements of traditional jungle themes (Mirelands has the swampy, poisonous vibe, and Coastlands has the vibrant tones, along with monkeys, parrots and volcanos that are prominent in stereotypical representations of jungles). Also, present day Sinnoh has a couple of desert-like areas.

Jungles tend to be dense forests, and neither of those two areas have the forests with exotic flora. So no, that doesn't really count. There is no area in the game that's like the jungle area I described.

It may be a bit too soon, but, I REALLY hope there is some DLC...

I don't think it is too soon. We have the game and most of us have probably played a decent amount of it if not finished it. Now would actually be a great time to announce DLC since the game is still relevant and interest in the game is at its peak.

One thing they should definitely do is a huge expansion to the pastures. It's baffling to me that a game that encourages the player to catch lots of repeats of most Pokemon only has 31 pastures for the number of Pokemon that require catching multiples of to fill out the research tasks. What's worse is that once you reach that limit, they take the option of catching a Pokemon away from the player until you free up space on the pastures again. A simple solution would've been to allow the player to catch further Pokemon, but then force the player to choose which Pokemon from the pastures to be replaced by the new catch.

One thing they should definitely do is a huge expansion to the pastures. It's baffling to me that a game that encourages the player to catch lots of repeats of most Pokemon only has 31 pastures for the number of Pokemon that require catching multiples of to fill out the research tasks. What's worse is that once you reach that limit, they take the option of catching a Pokemon away from the player until you free up space on the pastures again. A simple solution would've been to allow the player to catch further Pokemon, but then force the player to choose which Pokemon from the pastures to be replaced by the new catch.

I think they're encouraging you to release the duplicates as well, considering you get Grit items every time you do. That's probably why they limit the amount of pastures you have. I doubt they change the storage.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I really have a big appetite for legends dlc.

I've seen what the game has to offer at this point, and I'm not sure if another area + a new regional variant (ala the Slowpoke family) and bunch of extra older Pokemon added is going to push me to buy the DLC.

Whether it's likely to happen, I guess it's possible. I'm kind of leaning towards no but I'm not ruling it out either.

going to guess they're going to continually push updates to legends in the hopes it keeps most players busy until scarlet/violet releases

it seems this way anyway going by the announcement
Yeah the fact that they felt compelled to name the update seems to point to more of them

There isn't really any reasoning for my thinking other than the title they used for the update, but do we think it's possible there might be another Legends Arceus update down the line titled something like "Nightfall"?

Obviously before Scarlet/Violet are released.

Unfortunately with the announcement of SV, I think the ship has sailed for any substantive DLC. The short gap in between LA and SV makes it unwise to release any DLC in between, and if we were getting any, we'd probably know by now. LA seems to be done and Game Freak wants to move on to SV.

Unfortunately with the announcement of SV, I think the ship has sailed for any substantive DLC. The short gap in between LA and SV makes it unwise to release any DLC in between, and if we were getting any, we'd probably know by now. LA seems to be done and Game Freak wants to move on to SV.
I can see an announcement in April for a single $15-20 DLC in June to tide fans over until SV drop in November, but yeah it's definitely not looking good.

I can see an announcement in April for a single $15-20 DLC in June to tide fans over until SV drop in November, but yeah it's definitely not looking good.

I don't even think we get that much, if they were ready to announce a new game for November, why weren't they ready to announce DLC that's coming even sooner in June? And they don't really need something to tide us over for 10 months, they've had longer gaps than that without any new main game content. At this point Daybreak is probably all we get for LA and any kind of paid content that involves new areas, new Pokemon, etc. is in SV.

Back
Top Bottom