• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Satoshi, Gou and Koharu join Go teams?

Maybe!? It would actually give them a defined goal which would be better than nothing. This way Koharu could still go to school and have a battle related goal.

Actually maybe this could be Koharu's goal right now and the reason she wants Gou to stay in Vermilion City is because she needs to protect their gym but now he ditched her in order to travel the world. It would explain why she is bitter that Gou left. :unsure:

But then she has character development and realizes that you can catch new Pokémon in different regions just like in the real Pokémon Go and tags along for the adventure? Wishful thinking. :p

Maybe!? It would actually give them a defined goal which would be better than nothing. This way Koharu could still go to school and have a battle related goal.

Actually maybe this could be Koharu's goal right now and the reason she wants Gou to stay in Vermilion City is because she needs to protect their gym but now he ditched her in order to travel the world. It would explain why she is bitter that Gou left. :unsure:

But then she has character development and realizes that you can catch new Pokémon in different regions just like in the real Pokémon Go and tags along for the adventure? Wishful thinking. :p

I'm sure that there are other better ways to give Koharu something to do than suddenly cramming in Pokemon Go elements into the series. I'm not sure if she's even shown any interest in battling yet either.

I'm sure that there are other better ways to give Koharu something to do than suddenly cramming in Pokemon Go elements into the series. I'm not sure if she's even shown any interest in battling yet either.
Agreed. Really nothing about her thus far has had her really show any real interest in things Pokemon related beyond the superficial of she doesn’t dislike them but at the same time, isn’t really interested to the degree of having a goal pertaining to them. For them to cram in a Go related aspect to her character would feel pretty forced.

Agreed. Really nothing about her thus far has had her really show any real interest in things Pokemon related beyond the superficial of she doesn’t dislike them but at the same time, isn’t really interested to the degree of having a goal pertaining to them. For them to cram in a Go related aspect to her character would feel pretty forced.
And it would be obvious that they would be doing it just for GO promotion.

I think I could live with the forced Pokémon Go promotion if it meant that we would have a female character with a battle related goal. But there are of course better ways to portray that. I'm just that desperate at this point. :p

I honestly don't like the the whole "boys are stupid" thing with Koharu. I think it's great that the anime has always showed that it's OK for boys and girls to be friends so I honestly don't see why Koharu shouldn't get focus and some kind of goal. Feels like a huge step backwards.

I think I could live with the forced Pokémon Go promotion if it meant that we would have a female character with a battle related goal. But there are of course better ways to portray that. I'm just that desperate at this point. :p

I can definitely understand wanting a female lead with a battle related goal. That's one of the reasons why I desperately hope that they'll bring back Contests in the anime, despite how unlikely that is at this point. I still believe that the anime lost something important once they removed Contests, even though they kind of had to as a result of not being featured in any of the games outside of OR/AS.

Emelie said:
I honestly don't like the the whole "boys are stupid" thing with Koharu. I think it's great that the anime has always showed that it's OK for boys and girls to be friends so I honestly don't see why Koharu shouldn't get focus and some kind of goal. Feels like a huge step backwards.

Koharu should get some focus and some kind of goal. That isn't the problem. I really want her to be a likable and interesting character, as well as just travel alongside Ash and Go since I loathe the idea of the series not having a female lead. The problem is that they shouldn't force in Pokemon Go promotion in order to give Koharu something to do. There are much better and more natural ways for them to do that than randomly bringing in Pokemon Go elements years after the app was first released.

Seems unnecessary to me. Maybe if it was still 2017 and Pokemon GO needed an anime tie-in, but times have changed.

The sub said once again today that Satoshi follows his instincts at one point. I'm still wondering if it leads to something.

The sub said once again today that Satoshi follows his instincts at one point. I'm still wondering if it leads to something.

I'm almost positive that this isn't the first time Ash has been described as such. Following his instincts is practically his battle style, which was established well before Pokemon Go was even announced. The idea that it would lead to Ash joining Team Instinct still feels like a pretty huge stretch to me.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom