• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will serena and Lillie make a cameo in the pokemon journeys anime series?

kvntrp

Reaction score
new question
will serena and Lillie make a cameo in the pokemon journeys anime series?

if so which episodes???

Not that we know of. All we know is that there will be old characters showing up, but that includes all characters, including gym leaders, champions, important side characters, etc.
Exactly. So far this is all the info we know.
We have some characters like May that make her return a little bit harder to do.
Nonetheless, Serena is one of the hardest to pull off. Just because of one fact. Do you acknowledge the fact that she kissed Ash or do they just move on like nothing ever happened. Do not forget they're 10 year olds, so I don't know how they will do it.
In my opinion, Serena is the perfect character to return whenever the anime decides to do the first time leap. Ash will be older, imagine if 14/15 and then the focus on a relationship would be way better than one at 10y old.

Exactly. So far this is all the info we know.
We have some characters like May that make her return a little bit harder to do.
Nonetheless, Serena is one of the hardest to pull off. Just because of one fact. Do you acknowledge the fact that she kissed Ash or do they just move on like nothing ever happened. Do not forget they're 10 year olds, so I don't know how they will do it.
In my opinion, Serena is the perfect character to return whenever the anime decides to do the first time leap. Ash will be older, imagine if 14/15 and then the focus on a relationship would be way better than one at 10y old.

My thoughts as well. The XY anime is more mature in tone, at least for Ash’s character, than Sun and Moon or Journeys, and it’d be a huge disappointment if Serena returned and the kiss wasn’t addressed. Yet in personality I can’t see that working with Journeys Ash, even though he’s closer than Sun and Moon Ash at least.

on youtube I find clip which hint serena will return
but I don't know if it real or fake

Serena is one of the hardest to pull off. Just because of one fact. Do you acknowledge the fact that she kissed Ash or do they just move on like nothing ever happened.

I'll bet even money that's what happens. Especially given Journey's silly. extra light tone.

Heck, they may even throw out the Crush and just say that Ash merely inspired her like most of the companions...

Dude, they straight up told us that Ash will ALWAYS be 10. -_-

Japans restrictive (and kind of obnoxious) demographic/age grouping really doesn't help either... o_O

Last edited:
maybe it's my bias speaking, but I can personally see Lillie reappearing at some point. something I'd love to see personally since I adore her so much! would be exciting to see her with some new Pokémon, or maybe even evolved Snowy. <3

I think Lillie will reappear--Mohn was left hanging, after all, and not in a "oops we're pretending this never happened" way like the GS ball.
I'm less sure about Serena but I wouldn't say it's especially unlikely after Korrina showing up confirmed XY isn't being completely ignored.
Edit: If she does I sort of suspect the kiss might be passed by briefly but I don't expect it to really go anywhere.

I think the entire Alola cast (not just Lillie) should make a return. They’re recent enough to be remembered by the target audience. I’ll be gauging this series' continuity (and opinion on wether or not reserves are returning) by the Alola episodes, since they’d have to go really out of their way to avoid showing the Alola team because Alola in general is so small.

(Cynical me fears that they’ll land on some new Poni Island area and pretend that the others don’t exist so they can avoid the companions and Pokémon...)

Last edited:
I think the entire Alola cast (not just Lillie) should make a return.
Alola cast (sans Lillie) make a return.
I’ll be gauging this series' continuity (and opinion on wether or not reserves are returning) by the Alola episodes, since they’d have to go really out of their way to avoid showing the Alola team because Alola in general is so small
Too much for that

Lillie, probably. There rest of the Sun and Moon classmates are appearing relatively soon and it actually makes sense that Lillie might not appear with them at the moment since she and her family are still looking for Mohn. I could easily see the conclusion of that search being a two-parter or even an arc in the not too distant future.

As for Serena, I don't know. So far, she's the only female companion to not have either a cameo or a special episode, but the series she appeared in was a lot different from the direction that the Pokémon animé seems to be going at the moment so I don't know how well she would fit, or how they would reference the kiss or her crush; and if she appears they can't ignore it since it was the last thing did before she left for Hoenn.

I could easily see the conclusion of that search being a two-parter or even an arc in the not too distant future.
I don't. This is something that could have easily been done in one of the last SM episodes (there were plenty of episodes that could have been cut), and now there are new viewers who would need to be introduced to Lillie's backstory just for something that simply isn't important now. I guess they could show just Mohn already with his family and not spend too much time on an explanation, but he doesn't exactly have a lot to offer.

Not to mention that the games also avoided a sappy reunion.

I don't. This is something that could have easily been done in one of the last SM episodes (there were plenty of episodes that could have been cut), and now there are new viewers who would need to be introduced to Lillie's backstory just for something that simply isn't important now. I guess they could show just Mohn already with his family and not spend too much time on an explanation, but he doesn't exactly have a lot to offer.

Not to mention that the games also avoided a sappy reunion.

Would it really take them that long to introduce the new audience to Lillie's backstory though? Misty didn't have a proper appearance for over a decade prior to SM, but they didn't really spend that much time explaining who she was to bring the target audience up to speed. Depending on when Lillie could appear, it might be less of an issue, especially when it's likely that the rest of the SM cast will appear within Journeys' first year. There could still be kids watching Journeys that were also watching SM when it was airing too.

I can't really see the whole finding Mohn plot point to be the subject of a whole arc though. A two-parter would be more than enough.

Yeah...Lillie not being among the SM gang feels strange, but at least they have a reason for it.

I do hope they resolve the Mohn subplot, though I won't hold my breath. With the way the TV Show discards story-lines (right, Serena?), I get the ominous feeling they might not bother...
(especially since, let's face it, Mohn is kind of boring)

Even then I'd like it to be an Ash-free episode (like how last week's almost felt like HoSo special) so that Lillie & family can get things done without Ash bailing them out. Again.

I think Lillie will make an appearance, but it will be similar to how Max "appeared" in DP. Ash will ask about Lillie, and Mallow or Lana would give the audience an update about her whereabouts etc. But I don't think they will bring her back to solve the Mohn arc. Pokemon rarely picks up storylines from prior series and give them closure. I think Misty in AG was the closest with Togepi.

As for Serena, I don't think so. Tomiyasu is pretty big on Ash being portrayed as a real 10 year old kid to make him more relatable to the core audience. I don't think Serena's feelings really jives with the portrayal they are going for with Ash.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom