• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

Brock left after DP because the fandom demanded it it seems. He became too stale.
I think the TRio too should have left as they were becoming too stale.

A large portion of the fanbase left/threatened to leave the series at AG when Misty was replaced.

That's like more than ten years ago... Anyway I have nothing nice to say about Misty fnaboys so let me stop myself there XD

I honestly don't see what she'd do in SM. At least Brock and Misty are good battlers and obviously inspired the students.

The staff should just give her an XY-style special if the fans need her that much. She could interact with May/Dawn, I suppose.

(Even though I'm not a Serena traveling with Ash supporter I'd like to answer) She could explain the class about Showcases and Contests, and about Hoenn and Kalos Pokemon.

There are many things they could have done if they wanted to incorporate a performance styled character tbh. They're basically in Hawaii so there's a lot of culture to explore in the islands that could have been transmitted through contests/performance style competitions. Lana also seemed to be interested in the woman who performed before teaching her to use her z-move as well. Also as I stated before Serena wants to generally become a better person who could help people like Ash does, she isn't specifically tied down to doing one thing.

Brock left after DP because the fandom demanded it it seems. He became too stale.
I think the TRio too should have left as they were becoming too stale.

I really doubt that the general opinions on Brock was a factor at all as to why he left in DP. If the writers really catered to the fanbases' demands, then the show would be a lot different. Ash would have been gone ages ago, more older characters would reappear more often and we'd probably get a new lead with every series. Besides that, not everyone felt the same way about Brock during DP. I didn't think he was that stale to the point where I wanted him gone. Leaving the cast was most likely due to how they wanted to include more B/W characters in BW, especially when the games didn't feature any older Pokemon until after the storyline.

(Even though I'm not a Serena traveling with Ash supporter I'd like to answer) She could explain the class about Showcases and Contests, and about Hoenn and Kalos Pokemon.
Which they have no reason to care about all that much unless USUM add Contests and/or regional variants for those Pokemon.

The gym showcase was related to the eventual league.

They can easily make the reasons make fit in the story. You don’t know what the writers come up with in the future and how it fits with the story. Hell, she could just be there to address the sudden influx of Hoenn/Kalos Pokemon in Alola due to USUM.

Never said that all character returns were justified. But let's not pretend that there is a lot of potential to be had with fan service alone. People did end up complaining about Dawn's return, although I'm not sure what they expected to begin with.

Again this is all based to each of our own preferences so it may not make sense to others but that's okay imo. If the writers ever want to bring back someone they'd always find a way to explain it no matter who it is and it'll always bring a divide but at least half of us will be happy right? Maybe more than half in the case of Brock, Serena, Dawn, Bonnie, May.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom