• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

So, she's not allowed to see her friends? Got it.
So Iris/Cilan/Clemont/Bonnie/Max aren't allowed to see their friends? It depends on the plot of the anime and whether the anime writers would be willing to put in a filler episode. I have nothing against her being in the anime again but I would like to see her in it with a purpose.

Exactly.
But honestly as much as I would love to have Dawn or Serena come back to the show (I even wish they'ed get a second full Region as Misty did back in Johto) I wouldn't want any character coming back just for the sake of coming back. Call it what you want but I value story/plot and continuation highly.

In my opinion, I think the way they ended AmourShipping (a kiss) shows that they have left it in a good position. Ash finally realises this potential romance (we don't know whether he had proper feelings for Serena) and that he was 'too late' to do anything. I think the way that Serena's character development and her feelings for Ash panned out, it is a good place to leave it.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon? I hope not; it'd take a massive steaming dump on her decision to leave the group.

Choosing to go off on her own path rather than awkwardly follow her childhood crush until the end of time is something I really respect, and her suddenly popping up just because she misses Ash would seem like a jarring retcon of her character. If she does come back for a bit then I hope it's for an actual purpose other than seeing Ash, like a one-time Performance or Contest in Alola. You don't do returns for the sake of returns.

Here's something I just thought of...what if she comes in dressed as the female PC from Let's Go? o_O (with some Kanto mon on her team?)

Last edited:
Here's something I just thought of...what she comes in dressed as the female PC from Let's Go? o_O (with some Kanto mon on her team?)

That would be kind of strange considering she was going to Hoenn and using a sixth generation character to promote a remake of a first generation game just sounds odd. She could catch some Kanto Pokemon in Hoenn, but it would be kind of a random way to shove her into SM, especially when there are other more natural ways to incorporate Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotions in SM.

Lol I am surprised she is still popular after her series ended

Happens occasionally. I mean even today a lot of people gush about Misty, which was the first female travel companion from Ash when the series started. The only two that seem to be barely talked about anymore are Iris from the Black and White series and Dawn from Diamond and Pearl series.
But that aside, don't make Serena come back during Sun and Moon for superficial reasons. Just have her return as a permanent or at least regularly appearing travel companion for at the next two series. Give her the base clothes of those games female protagonist and the haircut, add some new Pokemon especially loved in these game and you have enough promotion, have you?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom