• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

Happens occasionally. I mean even today a lot of people gush about Misty, which was the first female travel companion from Ash when the series started. The only two that seem to be barely talked about anymore are Iris from the Black and White series and Dawn from Diamond and Pearl series.
But that aside, don't make Serena come back during Sun and Moon for superficial reasons. Just have her return as a permanent or at least regularly appearing travel companion for at the next two series. Give her the base clothes of those games female protagonist and the haircut, add some new Pokemon especially loved in these game and you have enough promotion, have you?
I think. Serena fits SM but you can never know.

Last edited:
Also change her goal to something relevant and voila, you have a new character.
Lol that would be too easy. But it is still pokemon you know. It would be cool. Who says that not two companions can return? Misty and Brock for the 20th aniversary and Serena for the old sake

Last edited:
I still wouldn't be against Serena appearing in SM, but I'd rather that they give her an actually good reason to sudden be in Alola. Forcing her to return just because of a tradition or because she was popular would not be good reasons and it would probably make her return feel forced like what happened with Dawn in BW.

Happens occasionally. I mean even today a lot of people gush about Misty, which was the first female travel companion from Ash when the series started. The only two that seem to be barely talked about anymore are Iris from the Black and White series and Dawn from Diamond and Pearl series.
But that aside, don't make Serena come back during Sun and Moon for superficial reasons. Just have her return as a permanent or at least regularly appearing travel companion for at the next two series. Give her the base clothes of those games female protagonist and the haircut, add some new Pokemon especially loved in these game and you have enough promotion, have you?

Serena is a completely different character from the Sun/Moon female protagonist.

Giving her Mizuki's clothes would be like giving May Dawn's clothes. Serena shouldn't steal the identity of another character. She had her time in the spotlight. Her story is over now.

Serena is a completely different character from the Sun/Moon female protagonist.

Giving her Mizuki's clothes would be like giving May Dawn's clothes. Serena shouldn't steal the identity of another character. She had her time in the spotlight. Her story is over now.
Nobody's story is really over in pokémon. And why so negative? Does the female protagonist even have a personality? She just smiles...

Nobody's story is really over in pokémon. And why so negative? Does the female protagonist even have a personality? She just smiles...

Did Dawn or Serena? No, but the anime gave them one.

She looks nice in it tho.

Irrelevant. She's not the Sun/Moon female protagonist, so she has business wearing her outfit. Serena as a character is tied to the Kalos region.

As been more than a year of sun and moon anime a new question is coming in mind
Will Serena return
In the whole anime many hints are given https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUIjeX7sCZg

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDMwXE9dWk

So we may say that Serena will return.This is great news as greninja may come too

And recently in xurkitree episode in last after credits scene professor kuki said people of alola want to see the performance again just by ash said we can't so kukui said we need a performer...over
And also the the move circle made by them was same made by Serena during her Pokemon performance

And recently in xurkitree episode in last after credits scene professor kuki said people of alola want to see the performance again just by ash said we can't so kukui said we need a performer...over
And also the the move circle made by them was same made by Serena during her Pokemon performance
Did it? We already had an episode about dancing, 5 about love.

I'm losing faith at this point, especially since Iris didn't cameo at all in XY(Z) (still...Cilan did, so maybe?).

But hey, Dawn appeared after Ash acquired all 8 badges. So maybe Serena may come before the League in some, substantial, fashion.
@Alola
I rather her come back after the league. That is where the REAL shit is about to come down as a unknown villain ready to begin the sinister plot. Sorry for my sentences.

@Alola
I rather her come back after the league. That is where the REAL shit is about to come down as a unknown villain ready to begin the sinister plot. Sorry for my sentences.

I dunno. The Alola League might be the last thing to happen in the region like some of the previous Leagues, so there might not be time for Serena's comeback at that point.

Seriously, there's nothing in Alola to justify her coming there

Pity there weren't more field trip episodes to send the school kids to other regions to learn about their cultures, although Hoenn and Sinnoh would've been interchangeable since they're both just contest-oriented

Iris at least had the possibility of appearing in XY, especially since her Side Story episode ended with her seeing a Rayquaza, which could've led to her involvement in the Mega Evolution episodes, however brief it may have been

Pity there weren't more field trip episodes to send the school kids to other regions to learn about their cultures, although Hoenn and Sinnoh would've been interchangeable since they're both just contest-oriented

Iris at least had the possibility of appearing in XY, especially since her Side Story episode ended with her seeing a Rayquaza, which could've led to her involvement in the Mega Evolution episodes, however brief it may have been
Unless they decide to make a "Remember contests?" episode/mini arc, I'd have to agree. Showcases seemed to be a very Kalos specific thing, plus it would allow for more nostalgia pandering if they bring May and Dawn back.

Yeah... yeah, obviously. Misty returned, May returned, Dawn returned, Misty and Brock returned again. So yeah, Serena will return.

@Twilight-Kun
Wish it could happens as the possibility of her returning is very high, especially her Seiyú now is the voice of Let's Go Eevee Mascot as for her having Mega Evolution is very unlikely since she already got two powerhouse Pokémon (Dragonite & Excadrill) with one of it is still pretty much disobedience and needed to be trained. If she ever comes to Alola the one thing, I only wanted to see is how she going to tames the Guzzlord.

Unless they decide to make a "Remember contests?" episode/mini arc, I'd have to agree. Showcases seemed to be a very Kalos specific thing, plus it would allow for more nostalgia pandering if they bring May and Dawn back.
@KyseL
One out of 47 Chance might occurs as in 47 episode left as the next one (episode 91) is the Z-move filter.

Remaining 48 episode split into 8 part of Arc as it follows.

6 episode with filter.

6 episode with an unknown mini or full Arc that may occurs.

6 episode with the presumably of an Alola League.

6 episode with the chance of the remaining Z-move that haven't showed in the series will make the entry (One of them about to showed in next Sunday new time slot).

6 episode with the reunion of Ash's Former Companion (Misty & Brock) come to Alola.

6 episode featuring the remaining three ultra beasts (Pheromosa, Kartana, Guzzlord) could in three of six episode in it or even one with two like Blacephalon & Xurkitree and the possibility of Poipole return in the future.

6 episode of Team Skull Arc, where Guzma & Plumeria finally making their appearance after their underlings failed them very much.

6 episode of finale with the between of the Blinding One requested help for Ash of the new Crisis in Ultra Space, before Ash going to say goodbye to his Classmate and travelled to another region for the new adventure that awaits him after the crisis end.

That is my whole prediction, don't take seriously. It may or may not happens it all depends.

I think the Ultra Space arcs are over
@PetitEevee
Not by a long shot especially the Blinding One haven't given Ultranecrozium Z to anyone yet. While Matori probably landed somewhere in one of Alola Island as the aircraft is already heavily damage by both Kukui's Braviary and the Guardian Deity Tapu-Koko. It will be impossible to head back to Kanto as it took two day to travel to the region.

We all going to looking forward to the remaining 48 episode what to they going to offer. But I know, it will the beginning of the Z-Move versus Mega Evolution. While only one top it both of it and that is Ultra Burst.

While only one top it both of it and that is Ultra Burst.

It already happenened.

Ultranecrozium Z is just a means of transforming into Ultra Necrozma in the games, but in the anime Necrozma already transformed without the Z-Crystal. It might not even exist in the anime.

It would be a pleasant surprise if we saw Necrozma again, but expecting it isn’t the way to go imo. They need to promote LGPE, not USUM now,

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom