• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

I think all companions (minus Tracey maybe since the Orange League seems to not be canon anymore) will return for the new anime.

I think all companions (minus Tracey maybe since the Orange League seems to not be canon anymore) will return for the new anime.

I don't know how the Orange Island arc couldn't be canon anymore. Nothing really indicates that the arc is considered non-canon in the anime. Tracey not being mentioned in the Kanto Field trip doesn't mean that the arc didn't happen. It would especially be strange considering that they've made it clear that SM does take place within the same continuity as the other series too.

They never really talk about it anymore or bring up elements from it like that Ash won this league or the whole deal with Prof. Ivy. Tracey, the only element left from this era, seems to be also almost forgotten.

They never really talk about it anymore or bring up elements from it like that Ash won this league or the whole deal with Prof. Ivy. Tracey, the only element left from this era, seems to be also almost forgotten.

That doesn't make it non-canon though. Plenty past events or elements from previous series aren't talked about or referenced in the anime. That doesn't mean that they didn't happen or are no longer canon. They just aren't brought up. It's really strange logic to determine whether something is canon, but especially so for Pokemon. References to past events have been minimal since BW, that's really not a sound way to determine what is and isn't canon.

Well, Tracy/Kenji makes a cameo in BW so I'm pretty sure he is still canon. They probably thought the Misty and Brock cameo episodes were too crowded already.

It would be nice if the older characters did something significant in the new anime. The new anime is going to be kind of pointless if there is no countinuity since then they could just have made a Galar anime. Older fans aren't nostalgic about the locations but rather the characters.

An anime with new characters with Pokémon from new generations set in Kanto won't really appeal to anybody in my opinion since the younger viewer have no connection to older regions while older fans that only like Gen 1 won't care about the new stuff. It's like the creators of the anime want to eat the cake and still keep it.

If Serena appears in the new anime I hope they will answer some unanswered question like giving the romantic subplot an actual ending. Even though I think Amourshipping is really cute, I would have preferred if the plot came to a conclusion instead of being open-ended.

If Serena appears in the new anime I hope they will answer some unanswered question like giving the romantic subplot an actual ending. Even though I think Amourshipping is really cute, I would have preferred if the plot came to a conclusion instead of being open-ended.

Well, make what you want of this.

Pokemon-Center-White-Christmas.jpg

Last edited:
Where is this from? If it's an official post from Pokemon related outlets then it's interesting to note that Pikachu and Sylveon are forefront...

It's Pokemon Center's key art for this Christmas! There's a whole Sylveon plush as well. What's interesting to me is how the Galar trio are not at the forefront (no plush as well) and Eevee is nowhere to be seen at all!

It would be nice if the older characters did something significant in the new anime. The new anime is going to be kind of pointless if there is no countinuity since then they could just have made a Galar anime. Older fans aren't nostalgic about the locations but rather the characters.

An anime with new characters with Pokémon from new generations set in Kanto won't really appeal to anybody in my opinion since the younger viewer have no connection to older regions while older fans that only like Gen 1 won't care about the new stuff. It's like the creators of the anime want to eat the cake and still keep it.
The point is to promote as many Pokemon as possible without stuffing them into a single region, be it Galar or Kanto. If the returning characters were a focal point, we would have seen them by now.

Sylveon is probably going to be showcased. Will it be Serena's? Eh.

The point is to promote as many Pokemon as possible without stuffing them into a single region, be it Galar or Kanto. If the returning characters were a focal point, we would have seen them by now.

Sylveon is probably going to be showcased. Will it be Serena's? Eh.

But what is the point of promoting Pokémon that aren't in the new games anyway? :unsure:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom