• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

It already happenened.

Ultranecrozium Z is just a means of transforming into Ultra Necrozma in the games, but in the anime Necrozma already transformed without the Z-Crystal. It might not even exist in the anime.

It would be a pleasant surprise if we saw Necrozma again, but expecting it isn’t the way to go imo. They need to promote LGPE, not USUM now,
@PkmnTrainerV
I know what you mean. But if you recalled Lillie story during in her own sleeping bed story that passed down from her grandfather to her mother and now to her in episode 87 at the start of the Ultra Necrozma Arc. Blinding One cannot generate it light by it own and will lose it if it overused it power too much and become black with the broken body again. I highly doubted, Blinding One will lose the light again. Despite, everyone in last episode sharing their own light to Necrozma. At the same time, they promoting the LGPE, they have to showed the remaining of the Z-Move (19 total) that haven't yet debut into the anime as we have 48 episode left.

But hey, the next episode already going to showing the Catastropika by the character of the day with her shiny Pikachu. Which is a great start, but I wondering are they going to rush THIS one, then it will be hilarious bad again like they did with the Aether. I hope better not, keep our finger crossed.

Idk. Serena would fit Sun and Moon, just like Dawn and May. Maybe they let them return as a trio to Alola or the classmates goes to Hoenn to learn about contests, to show the developpement Serena made as a contestant, we never saw her do anything with it. But I am not getting my hopes up. Althrough I find it strange that every companion get at least a special and she didn't and IDK why they didnt do that yet. Maybe something special, maybe not.

@PetitEevee
Not by a long shot especially the Blinding One haven't given Ultranecrozium Z to anyone yet. While Matori probably landed somewhere in one of Alola Island as the aircraft is already heavily damage by both Kukui's Braviary and the Guardian Deity Tapu-Koko. It will be impossible to head back to Kanto as it took two day to travel to the region.

We all going to looking forward to the remaining 48 episode what to they going to offer. But I know, it will the beginning of the Z-Move versus Mega Evolution. While only one top it both of it and that is Ultra Burst.
NOW LISTEN GOOD: In the games, you get Ultra Necrozma by using Ultra Burst. But since Necrozma already transformed in Ultra Necrozma without a Z-Crystal. And it showed its Z-Move by giving light to Poipoles world. So that is its Z-Move. And that isnt true not every Z-Move have to been shown. We didnt see the , flying, ice, ground, fairy, steel, psychic, poison, bug and ghost Z-moves yet. And your forget the special Z-Moves like Raichuim-Z, The Tapus Z-move, the Z-moves for Primarina and Deciduyue. And it forget even some of them. SO they would to show a Z-Move each episode and they already had so much time to show Z-moves. Like why dont show the Z-Moves for Mina or the cousin of Soph who are the actual user of the Z-Moves in the games?

Idk. Serena would fit Sun and Moon, just like Dawn and May. Maybe they let them return as a trio to Alola or the classmates goes to Hoenn to learn about contests, to show the developpement Serena made as a contestant, we never saw her do anything with it. But I am not getting my hopes up. Althrough I find it strange that every companion get at least a special and she didn't and IDK why they didnt do that yet. Maybe something special, maybe not.

NOW LISTEN GOOD: In the games, you get Ultra Necrozma by using Ultra Burst. But since Necrozma already transformed in Ultra Necrozma without a Z-Crystal. And it showed its Z-Move by giving light to Poipoles world. So that is its Z-Move. And that isnt true not every Z-Move have to been shown. We didnt see the , flying, ice, ground, fairy, steel, psychic, poison, bug and ghost Z-moves yet. And your forget the special Z-Moves like Raichuim-Z, The Tapus Z-move, the Z-moves for Primarina and Deciduyue. And it forget even some of them. SO they would to show a Z-Move each episode and they already had so much time to show Z-moves. Like why dont show the Z-Moves for Mina or the cousin of Soph who are the actual user of the Z-Moves in the games?
@PetitEevee
First of all, you don't needed to be so overreacted, and second yes, I already counted the remaining of the Z-Moves still haven't showed yet (19 in total including Mew and Marashadow exclusives with one is going to showed in Episode 91). and third, which is what the remaining episode 48 what they going to offered us at the same time, promoting LGPE for the Mega Evolution along with other mechanic. It is also the Z-Move last stand to be feature in the anime, before completely removed in the upcoming Gen VIII.

@PetitEevee
First of all, you don't needed to be so overreacted, and second yes, I already counted the remaining of the Z-Moves still haven't showed yet (19 in total including Mew and Marashadow exclusives with one is going to showed in Episode 91). and third, which is what the remaining episode 48 what they going to offered us at the same time, promoting LGPE for the Mega Evolution along with other mechanic. It is also the Z-Move last stand to be feature in the anime, before completely removed in the upcoming Gen VIII.
Sorry about that

How do you know that? Everyone thought Sun/Moon wouldn’t feature Megas but here we are with Mega Aggron.
@PkmnTrainerV
Do you see any latest trailer about featuring Z-Move in LGPE? Of course not. Which already implying that the Z-Move maybe appearing in the anime as last stand. Before, being disappeared after the series is over. Where Gen VIII might probably only focusing on Mega Evolution only. Unless, next month we can see something what kind of new mechanic that is going to replaced the Z-Move for the trailer. Otherwise, Mega Evolve will remains.

@PkmnTrainerV
Do you see any latest trailer about featuring Z-Move in LGPE? Of course not. Which already implying that the Z-Move maybe appearing in the anime as last stand. Before, being disappeared after the series is over. Where Gen VIII might probably only focusing on Mega Evolution only. Unless, next month we can see something what kind of new mechanic that is going to replaced the Z-Move for the trailer. Otherwise, Mega Evolve will remains.

LGPE should not be used to determine what is and what isn’t in the next generation.
LGPE does not have abilities so will the next generation not haven abikities too? We have no way of knowing what will and what will not be kept.

How about seeing certain someone she interested in seeing for obvious reasons?
I'll be disappointed if that's the only reason. Going her own way despite the massive crush was a big moment for her, can we not ruin that?

All I wanted now is Hau seiyú to be Daiki Yamashita. Then, it will be an interesting plot to see how Ash handling both his rival, Izuku "Deku" Midoriya and Gladion a.k.a Katsuki Bakugo.

Keep my finger cross.

If anything, I'd prefer she get a side special just to see how she acts when she hasn't been around Ash for a while and isn't in the process of seeing him again.

I mean, it's probably not hugely different, but I think it'd be enough of a shift from what we've already seen to be worth seeing.

If they actually come up with a decent reason to put her in Alola, I'd be fine with that, but otherwise, I'd rather have the side episode about her in Hoenn.

I would be satisfied with a special. She is the only companion who hasnt got one yet and I find that strange, to be honest. I am wondering why?

Given how this show loves DEMs, I am not so sure.
I will be honest, I, as a fan of Serena, have lost hope to something like that to happen at this point. Maybe she doesnt get a special and will I have to accept that. At least Clemont and Bonnie got one with Cilan.

A three-way struggle between two experienced Coordinators and Serena? Gee, I wonder who would lose first. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I’m not so sure either. Showcases are extravagent and focus mainly on performance. Granted, Serena may not be the best battler but she would score massive points on performance. I thought Pancham, Sylveon, and Braixen couldn’t work but their personalities are great and the put on great performances. I don’t think Serena should be taken out of the running. Having said that, Dawn and May are very experienced.

...Yeah, I think that if it were planned for Serena to make a return, they probably would've done it by now.

With the Let's Go games coming out soon and being designed to cater to both GO players and veterans of the core RPG series, it makes much more sense that they'd be focusing on Kanto stuff alongside Poni Island & the Pokémon League, hence the inclusion of not only Misty & Brock on the poster, but also a new Eevee that will sport one of the hairstyles in the games. If Serena was planned to appear at some point in the new season, I think she probably would've been on the poster.

I sympathize with all the Serena fanboys, and feel like it would've been really interesting for her to get to meet Ash's classmates and their Pokémon, especially Lillie & Snowy. I think she was FAR more deserving of a Special Episode than Clemont & Cilan, personally. But I think the anime team has probably moved on...

Last edited:
i hope serena retures for 1 episodes in the sun and moon series

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom