• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Team Plasma finally make an appearance in Season 2?

With the reports saying that Team Rocket is planning to carry out their "biggest plot yet" in season two it seems that Team Plasma has been replaced by Team Rocket as main villainous group in the Unova region. Had those two episodes been aired, there might have been more episodes centered around Team Plasma, with N and Ghetsis eventually appearing. But with Season 2 about to begin, it seems that episodes 23 and 24 will be shelved permanently and Team Plasma will become a lost plotline. Unless they decide to air them on Pokemon Smash as "lost episodes", although I've never heard of any anime series airing episodes in Japan as "lost episodes" before.

Also how far ahead do the directors plan for the Pokemon series.

Seeing that Neo Plasma do look like Rocket Grunts does support this theory. Thought hopefully next gen they leave the new Crime Syndicates to the Movies and give the Rockets the whole Anime antagonist role, that way they don't have to deal with needless backstory of characters that were not important to the anime what so ever.

Seeing that Neo Plasma do look like Rocket Grunts does support this theory. Thought hopefully next gen they leave the new Crime Syndicates to the Movies and give the Rockets the whole Anime antagonist role, that way they don't have to deal with needless backstory of characters that were not important to the anime what so ever.

Not important? Are you sure? Read the trivia on "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma (part one)". It says that the two-parter is important to the overall storyline of the anime.

It seems that Plasma has split into two factions, N's Team and Ghetsis's Team. So the question now is this: Can either team appear?

Well, I know that the things appearing in the openings don't always appear in the show, but with the pillars rising from the ground and everything in the opening, it reminded me of when Plasma interrupts the League and N's underground castle. Just sayin', it could be a hint. ;O

Maybe they'll revise it.
There's absolutely no point to go back and revise it now, it's ancient history. They won't be going back.

And remember, even though Porygon got two new evolutions, none of them appeared in the anime. So maybe even though this is a new Team Plasma, the animators may not want to put them into the anime. Some of you might say "The new Team Plasma was in the animated trailer for B2/W2, so why not the anime?"
Well for one of two reasons:
1) There may have been different animators who didn't really care or probably even know about the skipped episodes. This would be my first choice since if you compare the BW anime to the trailer, the animation's COMPLETELY different.
2) This was a trailer for a game, not an actual episode, which may of made an exception.

I might be wrong but I definitely don't have high hopes of seeing either the new or old Team Plasma in the anime at all.

It might also be true that the animators don't want to put ANY OF THE GAME'S STORY in the Anime; just the characters and places that was featured there. But we won't know until the Genesect is revealed and how the Animation Studio will handle it since the game's Pokédex OUTRIGHT claims that it was modified by Team Plasma.

Hell, maybe Plasma was modified into a good team just so the writers can get an excuse for them not to appear. For example, Ash finds the Pokédex data of Genesect.
Ash: What's Team Plasma?
Cilan: A good team, known for Pokémon experiments.
Like that, a fake cop-out.

Not to be taken seriously.

Hell, maybe Plasma was modified into a good team just so the writers can get an excuse for them not to appear. For example, Ash finds the Pokédex data of Genesect.

Except it won't appear in Best Wishes 2 until after its movie premiere.

Except it won't appear in Best Wishes 2 until after its movie premiere.

Yes, but it can happen someday. Just maybe in 2013... Or late 2012.

....I don't know, they usually announce the event monsters in a Movie; then again, we have Meloetta debut before her short premiered.

I know it's against the law, but I'm afraid there's no choice. The episodes, still postponed, have to be stolen from the vault. Maybe that will make TV TOKYO pay attention.

Last edited:
I know it's against the law, but I'm afraid there's no choice. The episodes, still postponed, have to be stolen from the vault. Maybe that will make TV TOKYO pay attention.

We'd appreciate it if you kept your vigilante-like tendencies away from the forums. Thanks.

After what happened to the third shot movie (see here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/blu-ray-movie-box-set-coming-japan-134737/ ) I am now 100% convinced there is absolutely no chance at all, not even the tiniest, of Team Plasma ever appearing in the anime
This is just how the Japanese deal with things, which is extremely ridiculous, but what can you do...

I don't think this have anything to do with Team Plasma appearing in the Anime. Remember, none of people who worked on the two parters have any criminal record on them, nor does it cause any health damage.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom