• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will The Games Really Look Like That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding foolish, I've been wondering will the games really look the same way we've been seeing them in the trailers, or do they only look that way because the footage is zoomed in? I'm referring to the way everything is so blocky with pixels and such because of the 3D and moving animations. I'm hoping it'll look much smoother while I'm actually playing it. For example, the moving animations in battle better look as smooth as the moving animations of all the other Pokemon in all the other post-Emerald games when you encounter them.

The battles appear to have a more dynamic camera to them, so when it zooms, yes, it will pixelize more and more.

how would we know

Well I'm asking because I'm not sure if previous trailers of other PKMN games had their footage zoomed in or not, so if I found that they have I'd be relieved because to be honest I'm not too happy with the graphics of Black and White. And don't be the one to tell me I shouldn't be concerned with graphics :/.

Well of course they are going to keep the style. You think they would totally change the style when the games are near completion?

Dude, the games are coming out in less than 3 months. I'm sure that they are near completion.

I wouldn't really care about the graphics as long as the game is good itself.
But anyway, I think it's going to look slightly better than it looks in these screenshots. :D

I think what we're saying is what we'll get. Like what was brought up before, these games are coming out in less than 2 months (fuck yes!) in Japan. The animation of the battles, and the battles themselves are said to be more streamlined, faster, and smoother also... so I don't think it'll be too bad.

Even though I don't really care about the graphics themselves, I'm really liking how the game is looking graphics-wise. The games themselves are starting to look really awesome, so it's all good to me.

Last edited:
Well, what I have seen so far of the graphics have been bits and pieces. So it is hard to say from seeing so little.

The game is coming out quite soon. And in the previous games I have enjoyed the graphics, but the plot and the gameplay were more important. I feel that for this game I will consider things in a similar way.

Well of course they are going to keep the style. You think they would totally change the style when the games are near completion?

Dude, the games are coming out in less than 3 months. I'm sure that they are near completion.

Thank you for totally missing what I was asking and not reading my posts, friggin' geniuses.

Once again: I'm asking if the reason the game looks so pixel-ish is because the footage of the trailers are zoomed in, not if GF is gonna change the graphics before the game comes out, >_>...

The battles appear to have a more dynamic camera to them, so when it zooms, yes, it will pixelize more and more.

Yeah, I can see why. I don't mind the dynamic camera though.

I think what we're saying is what we'll get. Like what was brought up before, these games are coming out in less than 2 months (fuck yes!) in Japan. The animation of the battles, and the battles themselves are said to be more streamlined, faster, and smoother also... so I don't think it'll be too bad.

Even though I don't really care about the graphics themselves, I'm really liking how the game is looking graphics-wise. The games themselves are starting to look really awesome, so it's all good to me.

Ah, okay, thanks ^_^.

Now all I'm wondering is how it will look on emurom. D8;

I'm pretty sure it will look awesome, either way! Pokemon has come along very well, and I'm loving how it's looking so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom