• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will the Let's Go series continue?

Boss1708

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Basically what the title says: will the Let's Go games continue? And when?

God I hope not. Let's Go is cancerous, the gameplay is far too simplified for a console game, especially a $60 full retail console game. Let's keep the enforced casualization out of the main series, basing a $60 retail game off a mobile gameplay style is generally a bad idea since console gamers are playing the Switch for the exact opposite reason that casuals play mobile.

At the very least, if they must have a game like this, make it a $20 eShop game or something. That's a fairer value for what the game offers and its target audience would be more inclined to buy it at a cheaper price.

I hope so, but it will need quite a bit more than the Go connection this time, so it might not be called "Let's Go". I don't care much about catching mechanics if I'm being honest (so that isn't a selling point or a downside), but I did feel like catching Pokemon a lot more than I would have done otherwise.

I'd like a game that involves having tag partners as in Masters (I guess for double battles this time). Johto seems pretty appropriate for that since you can call other trainers; why shouldn't they come to you rather than the other way around? You'd get access to the Johto/Kanto gyms after defeating them, but most of the characters from other regions would require transferring them from your Masters account. Of course, the battles would have to warrant all this setup, so this wouldn't be a casual game (again, like Masters). Come to think of it, LGPE already allowed you to use a second controller for a 2vs1 battle, so at least the idea was planted there even though the implementation was off.

Last edited:
Personally, I really love the concept of Let's Go. My favorite part about it is the beautiful art style of the game.

However, I am concerned that maybe Game Freak see Let's Go as an individual game. Not a series.

Do we have any reasons to expect a continuation, judging by Masuda's words?

I hope there's never another entry for the Let's Go series. It basically has gotten in the way of many potential traditional games that would've been so many options that were so much better begin with.

Masuda has said that they currently have no plans for another Let’s Go game, however, I don’t think that completely eliminates the possibility of another one being made. I think it will at least continue to Johto so that every region will be in 3D.

Masuda:
So, at the moment there's no particular plans, but if the fans really like [LGPE] then definitely keep those voices coming out to the Pokémon Company and Nintendo, and make sure we hear them! [Laughs] We wanna hear those comments

I'd wish that it wouldn't continue but seeing Nintendo/GF/TPCI's business model for Sw/Sh, then it'll most certainly continue, after all, it has the old nostalgia pandering, there's no need to add anything new and extraordinary (but marketing will make it look otherwise) and at the end of it, it'll sell like it's the best new thing in ages and a major improvement of the franchise when it's not.

I don't think its impossible, but it's not a concept that I'm enthusiastic about.

Like, I'm definitely not one of those Pokemon fans that bemoan present-day TPCi as a corporate abomination; but Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee or anything remotely Let's Go for that matter still leaves a preeeeeetty nasty impression/bias on me, enough that I probably would only barely consider getting it if its handed to me free.

Personally, I really love the concept of Let's Go. My favorite part about it is the beautiful art style of the game.

However, I am concerned that maybe Game Freak see Let's Go as an individual game. Not a series.

Technically, they don't consider Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee as a separate series, but rather a part of the main series. Fans before and after the games were released debated over whether these were part of the main series, but they are. Game Freak considers them as such, so that's how they'll be treated at least whenever they include remakes.

As for the question itself, I could see them making more Let's Go games. Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee sold pretty well. It's still among the top selling Switch games and I think it's initial sales were on the level of other remakes/third version games. Plus, I do remember that people were upset when Pokemon Unite was announced because a lot of them were hoping for either D/P remakes or Let's Go Johto games. Despite the reception here, I think that does show that their is an audience for more Let's Go style games within the main series. Personally, I'd loved to see Johto in the Let's Go style, if only because I want that region and generation to get more love. It would also be interesting what improvements they could make from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I thought that those were enjoyable games, but there are room for improvements, mainly in having more post-storyline content. It would be cool if they expanded more on the Kanto portion of G/S. As fun as it is to battle more Gym Leaders and see how Kanto changed between the first two generations, having more of a storyline to go with it would have made it more fun.

I think it's possible that we might see some elements from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee incorporated into future games, but I don't think that we will ever see straight-up sequels with "Let's Go" in the title. LGPE are considered by Game Freak to be part of the core series, and were never meant to be the beginning of a new, separate series.

I personally love LGPE, so if a Johto sequel happened I'd be very happy, but surprised.

Well, this is a classic 'and/or' question, really.

Would I like to see another instalment if it had no or minimal impact on the resource and timelines for main series titles? Sure - LGPE was overpriced and a tad shallow, but it was an aesthetically pleasing piece on its own terms.

Would I like to see another instalment in place of a title such as Snap 2, or at the cost of resource that would otherwise be given over to main series games? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
RSE, DP and SWSH could get a Let's Go version. Not sure what to think of that.
To be honest, I don't think any games past RSE will get a Let's Go version. One of the main draws of LGPE was the nostalgia factor--it did have a niche with the people who left the franchise between gens 1 and 3, and only returned for GO. Sinnoh seemed to be the drop-off point for these "genwunner" fans and so I don't think DPPt and the following games have as much of a nostalgia draw as the first three generations do. Plus, GSC and RSE are more simple compared to later generations. I don't think DPPt and especially SwSh would work as well in a more simplified format considering you'd have to remove more stuff.

Nah I think it’s dead Jim. What would be the point compared to just making a standard remake or weaving elements of Let’s Go that people liked into a proper main series game? (As they have to some extent already done - see Pokémon in the overworld and GO>HOME integration.)

It was a useful experiment that came about due to a unique set of circumstances, but not itself a concept with a lot of gas in the tank.

I think we’ll at least get a Johto version. Because Johto and Kanto are so intertwined it wouldn’t be that hard to make it a continuation/sequel to the first games. They could add more features and refine the formula too. I don’t think we’ll get a whole series, because the point of Let’s Go was to transition Pokemon GO fans into the main series, and Let’s Go already did that. So those same fans would likely check out Sword/Shield and be invested in future main series games. If it comes out though, I am hoping the price at least drops but I doubt it’ll happen. I can even see this series being used to create remakes altogether, which would be pretty crazy.

Nah I think it’s dead Jim. What would be the point compared to just making a standard remake or weaving elements of Let’s Go that people liked into a proper main series game? (As they have to some extent already done - see Pokémon in the overworld and GO>HOME integration.)

Is there even anything from LGPE left to poach besides its co-op? I feel like everything else people liked about LGPE is already in SwSh in some capacity.

I sure hope not. The Let's Go games are probably some of the games i hate the most in the series because of everything they represent: the over-casualization of a series that was already pretty casual to begin with. That and the fact that they are just gonna be an excuse to make remakes of generations that already got remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom