• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will the mystery about Hikaris/Dawns ncikname ever be solved?

What do you think, will the mystery about Hikaris/Dawns ncikname ever be solved?

• Yes and before the Sinnoh/Shinnoh finals

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Yes one day for sure (but not so soon)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
I always thought that Dawn's nickname, Dee Dee (or Pikari as it's known in the Japanese version) would be revealed during the Sinnoh Grand Festival and I'm sticking with it.

Knowing Pokemon and its tendency to drop plot points, we may never find out. But maybe we will. Maybe.

On the one hand it might be amusing. On the other hand it may be like how they never showed us Maris on Fraiser, because no confirmation could fit the bizarre descriptions.

I think that it may be forgotten but there may be a small chance that it will be revealed.

Whatever the Japanese reason is, doesn't really make much sense anyway. Considering Leona calls her that, even though she didn't see Dawn or should I say Hikari with a Pikachu. And it still wouldn't make sense because Dawn would have to be called that nickname since being younger (I don't think Dawn or Hikari would easily assume why they called her that if they've never called her that before then). There's no reason why whatever reason it is in Japanese makes any sense whatsoever.

They worked it up too much, so there's no explanation they could make up that could do how flustered she gets justice. Plus some things are better this way, like the noodle incident.

They worked it up too much, so there's no explanation they could make up that could do how flustered she gets justice. Plus some things are better this way, like the noodle incident.

I have been wondering what the noodle incident means? I heard people talk about it but don't know the meaning of it.

And Dawn's nickname probably be kept a mystery.

Couldn't care less. It'll probably be a mystery forever, anyway.

I have been wondering what the noodle incident means? I heard people talk about it but don't know the meaning of it.

It's from Calvin and Hobbes. "The noodle incident" is something Calvin once did, referred to several times, implied to have been very bad, but never ever revealed in any greater detail than it's name.

It's from Calvin and Hobbes. "The noodle incident" is something Calvin once did, referred to several times, implied to have been very bad, but never ever revealed in any greater detail than it's name.

I'm pretty sure it's a running gag from Calvin and Hobbes.

Thanks, ya'll I've heard of the comic and read it sometimes but never heard of the incident. Sorry for taking the thread of topic. *blushes*

I hope not, that way the fans have another thing to bitch and moan about, like what happened to Brock/Prof. Ivy and other ridiculous things that are blatantly obvious and don't need explaining.

Maybe Dawn will be in a contest with Harley and try to get Kenny to tell him why he calls her Deedee and use it against Dawn

I think it will be another thing unsaid like the Krabby Patty formula on Spongebob Squarepants

I'm sure it's just an in-joke between all the kids in Twinleaf Town like Kenny, Leona, and possibly Jun.

I'm sure it's just an in-joke between all the kids in Twinleaf Town like Kenny, Leona, and possibly Jun.

I get a feeling Jun wouldn't know anything about it. He's a bit older than Dawn and didn't even recognize her when they met in Hearthome (though she recognized him).

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom