• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Will the potential DPP remakes feature Dynamax?

I feel, if Dynamax were to be included, it would be more like Megas in Hoenn where they're more cursory than the central focus. I don't think GameFreak would have to force Dynamax in Sinnoh to the level that it is in Galar.
Mega Evolution was actually more involved in ORAS than in XY, because you fight more trainers who use it.

Mega Evolution was actually more involved in ORAS than in XY, because you fight more trainers who use it.
Eh, but story-wise wasn't ME more involved in XY? ME didn't really seem to be apart of much of ORAS's storyline until the post-game. Though, it's been a while since I've played ORAS so maybe I'm misremembering.

Eh, but story-wise wasn't ME more involved in XY? ME didn't really seem to be apart of much of ORAS's storyline until the post-game. Though, it's been a while since I've played ORAS so maybe I'm misremembering.
You're somewhat right, but in ORAS you face more trainers with Mega Evolution.

You're somewhat right, but in ORAS you face more trainers with Mega Evolution.
I'd still say Mega Evolution is more involved in XY due to its greater story involvement because that actually deals with the lore, world-building etc. more so than the number of trainers that use the gimmick while it is more cursory in ORAS because, while more trainers use it, it doesn't play as large a role in the actual main story of the game.

If our hypothetical DPPt remakes have more Dynamax users than SwSh, but the gimmick overall plays less of a role in the main storyline, is Dynamax really more involved in DPPt2 than in SwSh? I'd argue no.

I'd still say Mega Evolution is more involved in XY due to its greater story involvement because that actually deals with the lore, world-building etc. more so than the number of trainers that use the gimmick while it is more cursory in ORAS because, while more trainers use it, it doesn't play as large a role in the actual main story of the game.

If our hypothetical DPPt remakes have more Dynamax users than SwSh, but the gimmick overall plays less of a role in the main storyline, is Dynamax really more involved in DPPt2 than in SwSh? I'd argue no.
Dynamax, unlike Megas and Z-Moves, can only be used in certain areas.

They could always restrict Dynamax to certain locations that wouldn't intrude too much on Sinnoh's portrayal. Like maybe reserve it for the Distortion World, etc.

Possibly, remember for a long time Team Galactic are just collecting energy, that could tie in with Dynamax energy, and also could parallel Rose's desire to use Dynamax to gather energy
If that's the case, Team Galactic's occupation of Valley Windworks would no longer make sense. They'd either have to completely change the location altogether or remove the occupation plot point. With mining locations like the Oreburgh Mine or Iron Island digging for Dmax Energy could an excuse, but I don't see a compromise for Valley Windworks.

Furthermore, doesn't the power to ultimately summon the Legendary Pokémon come from extracting energy from the Lake Trio and using the Red Chain? I think it would be cool to see more of Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf during the story, like them protecting their lakes against Team Galactic, instead of having their role be downplayed in favour of Dmax Energy.

Here's a hot take: what if Dynamax is not going to be featured at all during the main story, but will be on the Battle Resort Area? It is a separate island, so the separation can be justified for sure. Furthermore, it could localize it to one area (since DMax Energy is not native to Sinnoh) so it makes sense if the energy was brought or instated in one area than a whole region. Plus, it can be a post game mechanic as Mega Evolutions are in the SM games.

Here's a hot take: what if Dynamax is not going to be featured at all during the main story, but will be on the Battle Resort Area? It is a separate island, so the separation can be justified for sure. Furthermore, it could localize it to one area (since DMax Energy is not native to Sinnoh) so it makes sense if the energy was brought or instated in one area than a whole region. Plus, it can be a post game mechanic as Mega Evolutions are in the SM games.
They wouldn't do that to Dynamax unless these games aren't in Gen 8.

Furthermore, doesn't the power to ultimately summon the Legendary Pokémon come from extracting energy from the Lake Trio and using the Red Chain?

It does, but the reason why they were harvesting energy from places like the Valley Windworks is so that they could create the "Galactic Bomb" that they use on Lake Valor.

I'm not 100% clear on why they needed to do that, though. At first I thought it was to gain access to the cavern, but they capture Uxie and Mesprit with no explosive measures required. Glancing at the relevant scenes, I'm getting the impression that it was... to create a distraction? Well, that's rather boring. And easy to replace with something Dynamax-ey.

(Side note: Why did they need to do something as roundabout as siphoning energy from a local wind farm in order to create a bomb? Bombs are not that hard to make out of practical materials, especially when you're a corporation with plenty of money laying around and the law is as lax as it is in the Pokémon world.)

At any rate, just the sheer fact that the villains want to reshape the spacetime continuum, and Dynamax energy is something that explicitly does warp spacetime is even more serendipitous of an alignment than them introducing a new central mechanic that involves magical stones and then the remakes for that generation happening to be of games that featured a Champion who collects stones and two key Legendary Pokémon associated with their own magical stones. So they'd kinda be fools not to capitalize on it.

Numerically speaking, yes, there are more Trainers in ORAS who use Mega Evolution, but I think that's simplifying things somewhat.

The Mega users in XY are Korrina, Lysandre, and Diantha in the main story, and then your rival in the post-game.

The Mega users in ORAS are Archie/Maxie, Wally, and Steven in the main story, Brendan/May during the credits battle, and then a lot more people in the post-game: Matt/Courtney, Zinnia, and the Elite Four. Lisia also uses Mega Evolution during Master Rank Contests, which can be done at any time, theoretically, but will probably be later in the game for most players who do them.

The way that XY arranges it, Mega Evolution is introduced as a concept very early on (after Badge 1), is a driving theme of the first chunk of the game, and then appears at pivotal moments throughout the story - we first play with it around Badge 3 (Korrina), then it's used around Badge 7 (Lysandre), and in the Championship battle (Diantha). It takes a narrative backseat after Korrina, but this is because the story portion of it was foregrounded so that it could be established as something that you will continue to encounter later on.

In ORAS, it's actually pushed back considerably - you're not properly introduced to it until after Badge 5, which marks the end of the first "arc" of the Hoenn storyline. Relative to XY, this would be like those games not doing anything significant with Mega Evolution until after you loop all the way back around to Lumiose and beat Clemont. Which I think represents a significantly different structural approach. You become capable of using it yourself after Badge 5, and then you battle the villains who use it after Badge 7, and then there's Wally and Steven after Badge 8 and Victory Road. It's a lot more compressed toward the back half of the game, and even then, I'd say that the story is really more about Primal Reversion, with Mega Evolution being more of an incidental inclusion. It works as a solid pretext for what Archie/Maxie wants to do with their box mascot. And it's not as if you're encountering people who use it left and right - it's still reserved for only a few climactic story battles.

As for the post-game... well, it probably helps that ORAS actually has one to speak of, you know? Like, I wouldn't say that the Elite Four using Mega Evolution is a sign that it's "more involved" in ORAS per se, so much as a sign that they actually bothered to give them proper rematch teams (something they rather bewilderingly neglected to do in XY). In fact, the Elite Four having them feels super-extraneous because unlike literally every other Mega user, none of them have dedicated "devices" to contain their Key Stones. Not on their models, not on their artwork, nowhere. Meanwhile, the Delta Episode far more consciously constructed as a proper storyline that builds off of the main one than anything in XY's post-game, so it feels inevitable to me that it would have more to say about lore and such, and would afford more opportunities for the climactic moments that Mega Evolution is used to emphasize.

It would be great if they were sequels,where they find that an eternamax form pokemon is what sinnoh is built on ,like how the norse gods beat up the jötunns ,and Ymir, the snow giant father of the jotunns(like how one of the few things sinnoh has done right is creating the amazing luxray to show cold the region) had his eyebrows used to create midgard (Earth), plus the plates do confirm the existence of giants in the pokémon world and that the Original One beat them up, and this would make the clearly superior in every way gen 6 legendaries more relevant to the plot. And it means awakening will shatter the useless maze that fills a fifth of the already boring region also known as mt.Coronet creating a wild area, or even better yet, destroy the whole region so we'll never see it again.

I have a weird mood of using norse mythology for jokes today...

To be honest, with Distortion World being a thing, I can see it tbh.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all hail from their own dimension. They could easily make it so that the energy that escapes out of those dimensions when the portals open integrates into the Sinnoh region and affects Pokémon by making them Dynamax/Gigantamax.

Personally, I still hope they don't use it and have Megas return. If they use but (new) Megas also return, I'd be fine honestly but the power difference between Megas and GIgantamax is so big, Gigantamax will be underwhelming in their own gen.

Z moves werent in LGPE but they are still Gen 7
LGPE is a different case. Those games were meant to be highly casualized.
I'm fairly certain Z-moves weren't in LGPE because held items aren't a thing in those games and decoupling them from held items most likely would have been problematic, not because GameFreak thought they'd be too difficult for newcomers to grasp. Megas were probably implemented because they're a flashy and exciting mechanic and because it's the only way Charizard can be part Dragon.

At any rate, I figure the chances of Dynamax being featured in DPPt remakes in another generation is probably fairly low, though not impossible.

For what it's worth, Z-Moves sort of are in LGPE, in the form of Partner Powers for Pikachu and Eevee. Not 100% the same, but a very similar concept.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom