• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will the starters get Hisuian forms?

Which starters will get Hisuian forms?

• The Legends: Arceus starters (Rowlet, Cyndaquil, Oshawott)

• The Sinnoh starters (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

• Both sets will get Hisuian forms

• Neither set will get Hisuian forms

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, it doesn't.

I'm starting to have flashbacks to all the Azoth theories now. o_O
I'm not good at explaining things myself but, there are a few videos on Youtube talking about the Legends starters that explain the Typhlosion and shogunate connection. It might be unintentional but its there.

I'm not good at explaining things myself but, there are a few videos on Youtube talking about the Legends starters that explain the Typhlosion and shogunate connection. It might be unintentional but its there.
I am aware of such videos but find them typically to be the work of fast-talking shysters.

For example...
Take this video, in it the gentleman attempts to forward his theory that Typhlosion represents the Shogun by claiming that "幕府" (Shogunate) and "爆風" (Blast - the root of Typhlosion's JPN name) are heteronyms of each other when they are in fact not. I try not to attribute malice when it could just be ignorance but my patience with people who take fan theories too seriously is wearing thin.

When the starters were revealed part of me thought they were playing on typical RPG character tropes - Swordsman, Archer, Mage…until I realised that Delfox would have made a much better fire type to match that theory.

We know in the past GameFreak have made decisions about character inclusion by staff polls so it’s always possible that was how the Legends starters were chosen and any thematic links are just coincidental. It’s nice to think there’s a bigger story but unless an actual explanation is given it’s all just speculation.

I am aware of such videos but find them typically to be the work of fast-talking shysters.

For example...

Take this video, in it the gentleman attempts to forward his theory that Typhlosion represents the Shogun by claiming that "幕府" (Shogunate) and "爆風" (Blast - the root of Typhlosion's JPN name) are heteronyms of each other when they are in fact not. I try not to attribute malice when it could just be ignorance but my patience with people who take fan theories too seriously is wearing thin.
Then simply accept that those starters were chosen for no reason and live in peace :)

Something I'm curious about is how they handled Samurott new form. While Decidueye and Typhlosion are "natural" evolutions of the concept of their base forms, when Samurott was first leaked nobody thought it was real because the little otter had somehow become a sea lion.
Do you think this new form will give a more natural evolution to the Oshawott line or it will keep the sea lion concept once more? Also, what about the starters original themes? Will they be an archer, a samurai and a shogun again in these new forms?

Something I'm curious about is how they handled Samurott new form. While Decidueye and Typhlosion are "natural" evolutions of the concept of their base forms, when Samurott was first leaked nobody thought it was real because the little otter had somehow become a sea lion.
Well, strictly speaking Cyndaquill goes from a porcupine to a badger so Rowlet is alone in that it stays within the species of owls (from Barn Owl to Pueo Owl).

As for your other point, I doubt they would change Oshawatt’s species via Regional form as I can’t think of any other R.Form doing that before.

Well, strictly speaking Cyndaquill goes from a porcupine to a badger so Rowlet is alone in that it stays within the species of owls (from Barn Owl to Pueo Owl).

As for your other point, I doubt they would change Oshawatt’s species via Regional form as I can’t think of any other R.Form doing that before.
Yeah, but Typhlosion is basically a big and bipedal cyndaquil. Really subtle change compared to otter --> sea lion.

The selection of starters seems a good deal too arbitrary for it to necessarily be a coincidence. I wouldn't stake money on it, but I'm definitely looking out for some kind of alternate form or other special gimmick relating to the Legends starters.

i feel like this might be the next reveal?? Although i think it would be, similar to Sun and Moon, for now just a reveal of their 1st stage evolutions!

What's your reason for this prediction?

Its just a gut feeling and looking at the dates, it makes sense, because then there are 2 weeks apart every time, except in between December 22 and January 11, which is three weeks, but i have taken into account new years and christmas.

If we're getting regional forms, I'm hoping Hisuian Typhlosion isn't a bland piece of trash that abandons everything charming about its pre-evolutions while having no personality of its own like regular Typhlosion is.

If we're getting regional forms, I'm hoping Hisuian Typhlosion isn't a bland piece of trash that abandons everything charming about its pre-evolutions while having no personality of its own like regular Typhlosion is.
According to the leaker, H Decidueye is a mess while H Typhlosion and H Samurott are very similar to their original forms. Samurott is still on 4 legs.

Given the way the designs have gone lately, my expectations for Typhlosion are high. All that's left to do is hope that the regional forms or whatever are actually gonna happen.

I was wondering...Consindering there's just one version this time and that probably breeding will not be included in the game, how will we get the other two starters? I mean, if we cannot breed our starter, I doubt anyone would give it away for trade.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom